• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN now supports game rentals?

iamjohn

Yeah they won't do this, it will be probably triggered the first time you run the game. I still hope the prices are decent. Digital movies rentals are still expensive compared to regular rental stores

...so then yeah they WOULD do it, right?

Effnine

I'm stuck at work ... can someone please confirm this is real for US PSN? Any other details? Is this for PS+ peoples? Amazing if true ...

oxidax

b7ECA18l.jpg

Yup. Whatever it is, i like it.
I hope its not a glitch or anything like that :/

TalonJH

Maybe something to do with the recent psn problems. Surely it won't always be free. I figure this may have not meant to be live and is a part of PS Now and the prices just aren't there yet.

Salex_

I was confused by this thread at first. I thought this was about "Playstation Now" but it's actually PSN? This sounds amazing!

EDIT: Oh, so it is Playstation Now? I'll be surprised if they keep the 7 day free rental.

Dragon

Banned
So, this doesn't seem to work on the web store. So only on PS3?

I'm going to tweet this at Yosp and see what he says.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Holy crap, that's awesome!

Since we know so little currently, I'd suspect that the free rentals are tied to having a PS+ subscription. Anyone here not have PS+, that can verify that it's free for everyone?

Cess007

From what I can tell it only works for People with PS+. I tried it on my non PS+ account and nothing. So I guess PSnow is part of PS+?

I think is region based (as PSNow is supposed to be). I checked on my Plus account (MEX) and it didn't look like that. I checked on my non-Plus US account and yep, it appears.

DedValve

Banned
There's no way 7-days will be free not even 1 day.

Most games can easily be powered through in 7 days. If so...then....I mean....all of my goddamns. All of it.

kuppy

i did 30 day trial, checked out and nothing happened
Go back to the game and click the Full Game Trial (only for PS+ members)? This way you can download the whole game and if these passes work you should be able to play it all within the time limit. If they don't the game will stop after 60 minutes. Personally I think this won't actually work, since those PS+ Trials need a patch to be fully unlocked and if you check out with the 1/7/30 day pass you don't get such a thing (which would indicate that well PS Now is only streaming what isn't working yet).

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Pretty cool, PS+ is already a pretty great option for "renting" a game but being able to choose titles is pretty awesome.

Don't know how devs and publishers will feel about it though.

Effnine

Pretty cool, PS+ is already a pretty great option for "renting" a game but being able to choose titles is pretty awesome.

Don't know how devs and publishers will feel about it though.

Would certainly help games with more legs, like multiplayer games ... but yeah, something like the Last of Us or GTA or South Park can be beat in much less time than 7 days ...

Top Bottom