• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem: Heroes was the 5th highest grossing mobile game in Japan in February

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I thought people might be curious how the game has been doing.

It was #9 in the US, but only if you remove all the apps like Netflix.

In Japan, games flood out all of the apps except LINE, which was #9, but I filtered it out of the Japan report so we could see what game was #11 overall (or #10 in games).

feh1tist7.png

This made Nintendo the #9 highest grossing mobile publisher for the month. To note, Niantic, not Nintendo, publishes Pokemon GO.

feh20dsnb.png

Source: https://www.appannie.com/indexes/all-stores/rank/games/?month=2017-02-01&country=JP

It's a really good game. I don't think a day has gone by that I haven't opened it in the six weeks it's been out.

Also, kudos to the developer, Intelligent Systems, for putting ongoing care into it. There have been adjustments and events to curate the user experience from day one, and just this morning they announced even more cool new stuff. They're definitely taking pride in this.

The game is great. The amount of content they are adding is not bad either. I have yet to spend a cent on this game because they are at least giving out the summoning currency at a decent rate which is awesome. The different art for all the characters is nice as well.

Usobuko

Banned
I didn't know Fate Grand Order was published by Sony. Looks like both Sony and Nintendo doing really well in mobile markets.

Bandai Namco & Square Enix succeeded too.

Seeing FEH stay relatively in the top gives me hope that it will keep going strong to last with the big dogs.

Even if their gacha system is a bit awful at times. *cough* all 3*s in one roll *cough*

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
It's been around 8th~20th+ spot in the total grossing ranking here in Japan for a while. To be honest I'm surprised its so low, given the IP, but from what I've heard it doesn't really have that much content yet, so maybe that's the reason.

Maxinas

Cool, wonder if they'll keep the momentum, it's a fun game to play in short bursts. If the Animal Crossing Mobile game is also done right, Nintendo will have two solid moneymakers in the mobile market.

wrowa

It's been around 8th~20th+ spot in the total grossing ranking here in Japan for a while. To be honest I'm surprised its so low, given the IP, but from what I've heard it doesn't really have that much content yet, so maybe that's the reason.

I stopped playing once the Switch came out. Whoops.

It was a lot of fun for the first weeks, but the content updates so far were pretty lacking and there just isn't a lot to go back to after a while.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I didn't know Fate Grand Order was published by Sony. Looks like both Sony and Nintendo doing really well in mobile markets.

Bandai Namco & Square Enix succeeded too.

Yes. It's published through Aniplex (Sony Music), which is why it is fairly obscured.

I love how Fire Emblem just blew up. The series really came thru in the clutch when it really needed to with Awakening and I hope it continues to be successful.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Fire Emblem Switch to have ridiculous production values confirmed.

It was a little shaky at launch and immediately after, but Nintendo/IS (and sort of kind of DeNA?) have done a pretty good job of keeping the game fresh and adding content. It's also never made me feel like I HAVE to spend money to have fun, which paradoxically might encourage me to spend money at some point.

kewlmyc

It was an obvious move to make a gatcha of this series. They should have done it earlier.

I will say that it's one of the more fair gatchas out there though. I don't feel completely ripped off every time I roll for new units.

stoff

That sounds fairly successful in my book.
I stopped playing since the moment I got my hands on Zelda.
And reading through the app's news, I don't feel like I even want to try out the new stuff they've added, tbqh. Don't need any tournaments or PVP. Just give me more interesting maps and more units to grind up.

If its to hire someone competent enough to write a good story, i'm all for it. Oh, and higher quality localization efforts.
I wouldn't hold my breath. Unless they hire a team of writers, no one is going to do well within the limitations of the series.

Ninjimbo

Not bad. I'm glad it's generating some revenue. I wonder if Nintendo is happy with it. Right now I'm thinking it won't give a huge bump to Echoes.

daxgame

It's really good. I disliked the small maps but after playing i understood the need of short sessions. Just wish there was more variety. Anyway i open it almost once a day, and most importantly so does my wife who's def. Not a gamer

Verelios

Jesus, how much do you guys want Saber variations to be spending money like water. Haha, it's a surprisingly fun game if you like collecting and Nasu though.

Good on FEH too

nubbe

Shadows of Valentia is about a month away from release
Will be interesting to see if Heroes has helped brand awareness

Dee Dee

And reading through the app's news, I don't feel like I even want to try out the new stuff they've added, tbqh. Don't need any tournaments or PVP. Just give me more interesting maps and more units to grind up.

They are actually adding map objectives like "hold tower for x turns" and enemy reinforcements in April though. Bigger maps won't go well with the "quick and mobile" format I'm afraid.

It's a really fun polished game without big paywalls or urgency to spend large amounts of neither time nor money on it. Even the PvP is quite chill - the only thing you miss out when you are bad are feathers, which they lately have added to more and more other modes as rewards too, including daily arena rewards mostly for participating even.
I like it a lot, and I like that they announced the Grand Hero Battles up until May, when I will loose my chill trying to get Xander, haha.

I hope it keeps doing well for them for the next years.

It's also impressive how quickly they implement fan feedback, and make everything more and more generous. Like, "We heard your complaints about how hard it is to get feathers. So everyone gets 10 000 for free and we add them as rewards to EVERYTHING." That was pretty crazy to me. They could have just said: "Tough luck guys, if you want a 5* suck it up and fork over you monies for orbs."

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Bow to our new mobile overlord. May the consoles and PCs pay tribute to his glory!

Mupod

Man, I know FGO has a lot of text to deal with, but you'd think they would be all over localizing something that makes so much money. I know I'd play it.

the Grand Hero Battle maps have been a lot of fun. Ursula's was a real bastard and I spent all day at work thinking up strategies that I could use with the units I have. And you got a very nice 4 star unit for winning. It'd be great if they keep adding more major challenges with good rewards.

The PVP isn't actually PVP, it's still playing against the AI. I liked the tournament even if I was on team Lucina and victory was inevitable. The Chrom/Ephraim battle sounded a lot more fun.

LaNaranja

The game is really really good. I know nothing about Fire Emblem and I've been loving my time with it.

Seeing FEH stay relatively in the top gives me hope that it will keep going strong to last with the big dogs.

Even if their gacha system is a bit awful at times. *cough* all 3*s in one roll *cough*

I have been having the bestest of luck in my rolls.

megalowho

Nice to see it's doing well, easily my favorite of the Nintendo mobile projects to date. Timely currency dumps alongside new content is also smart, I think I caught the bug again after a lucky roll with the last update.

Man they still love Puzzle & Dragons and Monster Strike over there, don't they

Top Bottom