• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Parody Thread Urges

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxcriden

Parody threads are frowned upon on GAF. Sometimes I have a really good idea for one though. I imagine I am not alone in this. This is a thread to post your ideas for parody threads, and laughter can ensue.

Feel free to make a fake OP in your post as well!

braves01

Banned
^ Yo me too.

Don't make joke threads if you value your membership.

But if I could make threads right now, I would make a "Amy Chua (Tiger Mom) sure is looking good" thread about this picture of her in the NY TImes where she looks like Asa Akira.

NH Apache

Banned
I had an idea for a thread like this but people make the full OP in their post.

My joke thread idea involved spelunking.

i make a sorta joke thread when my fish died and got banned.

joke threads are no laughing matter at gaf

Made a joke about the Friendzone not existing and got banned.
Very odd. Also I shaved my balls today and didn't cut anything, aside from hair of course.
That's not exactly a parody though :/

I enjoy overly specific threads about minutia to the point where it is essentially parody.

On another forum I once made a thread to discuss all the characters in video games that have too many arms (think Mortal Kombat Kintaro). Later I made a thread about the proliferation of blob-based characters in games (de Blob, A Boy and his Blob etc.).

Blair

Banned
Got banned for a month for posting a parody thread. The was a deluge of gaffers losing their virginity and posting a thread just about that during this specific era so i made a parody sex thread which lasted 5 minutes. Mods is quick yo.

"Would you even know if you were?

Sometimes I lay awake all night wondering if people have me set to ignore, my heart racing, wanting to scream but I can't because I still live with my mom. Did people not see that funny post I made? Why didn't that guy I quoted answer my question? Did I offend some Gaffer by accident? GAF if you can hear me, please post in this thread."

I feel like I'd get ignored/banned if I made that thread.

maxcriden

"Would you even know if you were?

Sometimes I lay awake all night wondering if people have me set to ignore, my heart racing, wanting to scream but I can't because I still live with my mom. Did people not see that funny post I made? Why didn't that guy I quoted answer my question? Did I offend some Gaffer by accident? GAF if you can hear me, please post in this thread."

I feel like I'd get ignored/banned if I made that thread.

Poor Freaky Fred. No one has you on their ignore list. Well, I don't, at least!

I think everyone should get one parody post a year. Just make it a check box for the mods to see. That eay you can make one dumb thread a year for kicks.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Ancient Aliens OT is the first thing I'm doing if I ever get membership again

Batigol

Banned
I posted a parody thread once, now I'm a Junior Member.

i-know-that-feel.jpg

maxcriden

Subway jumps in the fake pizza market with new "Flatizza" flatbread-shaped "pizzas"-like "foodstuffs"

--

The new menu item basically takes a square of flatbread (i.e. a roughly six-inch "dough" made from hydrolyzed poultry feathers or human hair) and tops it with soybean-enriched "marinara" sauce, an MSG-laden product no one should call mozzarella cheese, and one of four "topping" combinations.

The available choices are: fake Cheese, soy flour-based Pepperoni, vaguely Spicy Italian, and genetically modified Veggie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom