• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogame facts that blow your mind (SuperMarioBros. SHOCKING SECRET INSIDE p #70)

fernoca

Well, nothing mind-blowing so far..
But I'll add my $0.02 cents.. :p (and all from Mortal Kombat ;) )

-Jax was supposed to be on the first game, but was changed into a female (Sonya) because there were no other female charatcers in the game (originally she was also brown haired instead on blonde)

-Frost (the "female Sub-Zero") that debuted in Deadly Alliance, was originally created for the upcoming (back then) third MK movie: Mortal Kombat Devastation. The game team decided to add the character to the game because of that.

-In MK4, Tanya was originally Kitana, but her charatcer was altered because (apparently) Midway demanded to the MK Team new charatcers on the roster.

Nah..there are too many....and I'm too lazy.. :p

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Chris Michael said:
Hey, I've got another one.

Rockstar and Capcom seem to have a pretty close relationship.

Red Dead Revolver was originally a game completely created by Capcom - a Japanese company. It was cancelled by Capcom, but Rockstar - an American company - got the rights to make the game. As far as I know they changed the original concept of what the original Capcom game was supposed to be. Nevertheless, they essentially developed the game that Capcom had cancelled.

Not to mention Capcom publishes Rockstar's GTA games in Japan.

For some reason, international relations interest me the most. :lol

Now that is pretty neat. I wonder if Capcom being close to Rockstar is why Rockstar seems to be getting closer to Nintendo for Capcom's closeness to Nintendo. It is like they are sharing the same bed, deciding when they should "accidentally" put their hand on another.

Chemo

TJ Spyke said:
2)People typing "Starfox" instead of "Star Fox"
Take a look at every StarFox box art ever and tell me what you see.

Yeah. StarFox is totally one word. With a capital F.

genjiZERO

Diablos said:
Here's one:

Final Fantasy XII took half a decade's time to be released, and it didn't even come remotely close to living up to the hype. Even if you disagree with that, no FF should ever take five years to be released. Ridiculous.

Honestly, this is one of the very few video game facts that blew my mind. How this game took five years to be completed when it still had so many obvious flaws is unbelievable. And, not to mention, unacceptable.

I don't really mind taking that long to get a FF game. I'd rather them take their time and come out with a stellar title. But I know what you mean about 12. For a game that took 5 years to make you'd think they'd actually write a coherent story for it.

Diablos

genjiZERO said:
I don't really mind taking that long to get a FF game. I'd rather them take their time and come out with a stellar title. But I know what you mean about 12. For a game that took 5 years to make you'd think they'd actually write a coherent story for it.
...as well as a battle system that wasn't a cheap rip of an MMO that basically played the game for you, decent pacing, and, as you said: a story that doesn't fall apart at the 35% mark. The characters were pretty awful, too.

Chemo said:
Take a look at every StarFox box art ever and tell me what you see.

Yeah. StarFox is totally one word. With a capital F.

Star_Fox_SNES.jpg

dionysus

Yaldog
Diablos said:
...as well as a battle system that wasn't a cheap rip of an MMO that basically played the game for you, decent pacing, and, as you said: a story that doesn't fall apart at the 35% mark. The characters were pretty awful, too.

Thank you, finally someone else on this forum that recognizes FFXII to be an abomination.

Not only does the story fall apart at 35%, but it was fundamentally flawed. The main character basically has nothing at all to do with anything happening in the world. There is nothing special about him and most of the characters don't even act like he is there in their interactions. The game would have been much better from Basch's POV.

He even says, "I'm just along for the ride."

gdt

The fact that Miyamoto and Bob Dylan are lovers.

Seriously its true!

Miyamoto named Zelda for the wife of F. Scott Fitgerald. Bob Dylan mentioned Fitz in the song in Ballad of a Thin Man. They met years later and fell in love over they shared love of Fitz. True story.

Really.

Seriously, Really.

Ezduo

Banned
The bushes in Super Mario Bros. were just recolored clouds.

smb.jpg

Ekans backwards is snake.
Girafarig backwards is girafarig.

Diablos

dionysus said:
Thank you, finally someone else on this forum that recognizes FFXII to be an abomination.

Not only does the story fall apart at 35%, but it was fundamentally flawed. The main character basically has nothing at all to do with anything happening in the world. There is nothing special about him and most of the characters don't even act like he is there in their interactions. The game would have been much better from Basch's POV.

He even says, "I'm just along for the ride."
Vaan, Fran, and Penelo are among the worst "main" characters in a Final Fantasy, ever. They had absolutely nothing to do with the story. Nothing.
I totally agree, the game would have been much better from Basch's POV. Perhaps even Balthier's. Even Quina had more to him/her then half of the "main" characters in this game.

And don't even get me started on the final boss. I figured he was someone you fought halfway through.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
What really blows my mind is that fact that she's not even attractive but gets all sort of attention just cause she's in the gaming industry.

I mean
jade-raymond-pic.jpg

Ugh...

I'm ashamed to know that you are a fellow countrymen. If zézé camarinha was here he would slap you silly.

You are a disgrace to my country, the latino blood that runs in our veins has been tainted by you. Get out of my sight, you should be ashamed of yourself.

WrikaWrek said:
I'm ashamed to know that you are a fellow countrymen. If zézé camarinha was here he would slap you silly.

You are a disgrace to my country, the latino blood that runs in our veins has been tainted by you.
:lol

Common man, just look at the size of that mouth, it's like Manuela Moura Guedes :lol

She doesn't have a hot body, the mouth ruins her "almost" pretty face.

5/10 :p

Diablos said:
Here's one:

Final Fantasy XII took half a decade's time to be released, and it didn't even come remotely close to living up to the hype. Even if you disagree with that, no FF should ever take five years to be released. Ridiculous.

Honestly, this is one of the very few video game facts that blew my mind. How this game took five years to be completed when it still had so many obvious flaws is unbelievable. And, not to mention, unacceptable.

Perfect Dark Zero had a tech demo shown at Space World 2000. That was on the Gamecube. Then it was moved to Xbox and we heard nothing of it. Then it was moved to the 360. That's 5 years of development, just like XII - PDZ was even more dissapointing!

Reminds me of something else mindblowing. Too Human originated on the PSX, "inspired by MGS and FFVII"; AFAIK it was in development in 1998. To everyone's surprise, the project was moved to the Gamecube in 2001 or so. SK left Nintendo and now the project is in development for the 360.

In a development course of 10 years, Too Human has been developed for Sony's PSX, Nintendo's Gamecube, and Microsoft's Xbox 360. What amazes me further is that they plan on making it a trilogy! :lol :lol :lol

WrikaWrek

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
:lol

Common man, just look at the size of that mouth, it's like Manuela Moura Guedes :lol

She doesn't have a hot body, the mouth ruins her "almost" pretty face.

5/10 :p

8/10 and we have a deal.

TJ Spyke said:
That people can misspell game and franchise names even after multiple entries and years. Examples:

1)People typing "Megaman" instead of "Mega Man"
2)People typing "Starfox" instead of "Star Fox"
3)People typing "Sim City" instead of "SimCity"
4)People typing "X-Box" or "XBox" instead of "Xbox"

and the one that bugs me the most:
5)People typing "Wiimote" or "Wii-mote" instead of "Wii Remote"

Checked your post history and you are one picky MF :/

Concept17

Ezduo said:

smb.jpg

Craaazy. Why would they do this? I mean, would it really have been so hard to create a 'bush' of its own? Lazy nintendo, shame on them.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The SSBB team is primarily made up of people from Game Arts.

Oh my god, my mind is blown again.

Redd

Concept17 said:
Craaazy. Why would they do this? I mean, would it really have been so hard to create a 'bush' of its own? Lazy nintendo, shame on them.

Why should they? Seems like no one even noticed.

Tristam

Many popular Japanese game companies today developed and/or published lots of hentai games back in the 80s.

Actually, that's not really surprising.

Jag22

Banned
Fact: Sega was so poorly ran that they were paying companies like Timex (Shenmue) and Pizza Hut (Crazy Taxi) to put their products in Sega's games. Basically Sega was paying companies so they could advertise their products.

Munin

Ezduo said:

smb.jpg

Holy shit you just gave this thread a reason to exist.

commissar

Jag22 said:
Fact: Sega was so poorly ran that they were paying companies like Timex (Shenmue) and Pizza Hut (Crazy Taxi) to put their products in Sega's games. Basically Sega was paying companies so they could advertise their products.
What. That's insane.

Top Bottom