• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk |OT| - Big men, bigger swords, OFF THE BOAT - Berserk #344 24/6/2016

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I didn't realize there were new chapters until now!

Reading that last chapter I was like
when-you-remember-you-lef-1-full.jpg

29263833404_bd6ed231a2_o.gif

HStallion

Perfect time for a hiatus

...or is it the opposite

I'm hoping next month since that's about six months since he started his hiatus and he seems to do six months on, six months off at this point. Then again they could be saving the new releases for when the second half of the new anime series begins in April (I think)

I'm hoping next month since that's about six months since he started his hiatus and he seems to do six months on, six months off at this point. Then again they could be saving the new releases for when the second half of the new anime series begins in April (I think)
Nothing like a double dose of Berserk where one half is good and the other half is poorly adapted filth. *CLANG*

Numb

Aaah wasting time and brain cells on the shit anime

tumblr_ocannuhg4d1tp2i22o1_500.gif

How the fuck can someone make 12 episodes of that shitshow and think they should keep going. Did these people ever watch other anime before?
Casca was animated with toilet paper roll physics in that scene. Then they give reborn Griffith a fucking deer nose in the end.

HStallion

I see the upcoming musou game got listed on the Steam store finally...anyone planning on getting it?

I'm going to wait for a serious sale. It doesn't look so hot even for musou fans. No co op, seems fairly shallow and done on the cheap and fast. Seems Berserk is unable to get any decent adaptations lately

I got about 2 episodes into the new anime before quitting. At least we have the original anime to go back and watch.
I watched the whole damn thing. I'll probably watch next season too. It's fun to tease watch it with a group. It ain't great. It...eventually became some what watchable towards the end, but god damn they fucks'd it up.

Grudy

I'm going to wait for a serious sale. It doesn't look so hot even for musou fans. No co op, seems fairly shallow and done on the cheap and fast. Seems Berserk is unable to get any decent adaptations lately

Lately as in the last 20 years? :p

I like the movies

I watched the whole damn thing. I'll probably watch next season too. It's fun to tease watch it with a group. It ain't great. It...eventually became some what watchable towards the end, but god damn they fucks'd it up.

You'd think making fun of the show would get old after 2-3 episodes but I enjoyed it all the way to the end. Can't wait for season 2.

Zolo

I thought the movies were really well done. I wouldn't suggest it as the sole way of watching Berserk since it obviously has to cut a good bit, but it does a pretty good job of encapsulating the Golden Age in 3 movies. Just off the top of my head, I liked how they had Guts more disguised during the assassination. The Eclipse was also done very well.

Didn't realize no coop, that's a bummer. Would've been fun to set up a Band of the GAF.
The Steam price is ~54 USD, which seems high, but I'm still tempted with stuff like the slug count actually getting in the game.

Grudy

I'm not going to enjoy stop motion Berserker Armor though.
I can just imagine how they are gonna animate the skull helmet changing into a wolf part. Those 10 frames are gonna be so artistic.

Btw shouldn't there have been some sort of trailer out by now? It's kinda weird we haven't heart anything about it since the announcement.

I can just imagine how they are gonna animate the skull helmet changing into a wolf part. Those 10 frames are gonna be so artistic.

Btw shouldn't there have been some sort of trailer out by now? It's kinda weird we haven't heart anything about it since the announcement.
Not only that how the hell are they going to animate Grunbeld? They couldn't even do rape horse justice.

Remember how they animated the apostle transformation in episode 3 or something? They didn't. Or Mozgus.

You blink, you miss.

It's gonna be a trainwreck. If there's any hope for this project is that it gets cancelled.

jett

D-Member
Lol that's a great gif.

tumblr_ocannuhg4d1tp2i22o1_500.gif

How the fuck can someone make 12 episodes of that shitshow and think they should keep going. Did these people ever watch other anime before?

lol

Is this any better on blu-ray? I hope they've a better effort for S2, in all regards.

Gulz1992

Season 2 staff and cast revealed along with a visual of berserker armor Guts.
https://twitter.com/berserk_anime/status/833482984984498176
http://berserk-anime.com/news/index00890000.html

qzRyYbh.jpg

Main Voice Cast:

Guts: Hiroaki Iwanaga
Puck: Kaoru Mizuhara
Farnese: Yoko Hikasa
Serpico: Kazuyuki Okitsu
Ishidoro: Hiro Shimono
Casca: Toa Yukinari
Schierke: Chiwa Saito
Ivalera: Satomi Arai
Flora: Sumi Shimamoto
Zodd: Kenta Miyake
Sonia: Yoshino Nanjo

Grifith: Takahiro Sakurai
The Skull Knight: Akio Otsuka
Narrator: Unsho Ishizuka

The staff is pretty much the same as the 2016 team. Same director, same 3D modeler, etc.

There's also noticeably no mention of Grunbeld in the voice cast. Considering how much the season is using the berserker armor as it's main advertisement and how important a role Grunbeld plays in Guts getting the armor, that's more than a little worrying. My guess is that he's completely cut from the show.

I'm fully expecting the season to be 12 or 13 episodes long. Chapter of the Holy Demon War will be crammed into the first couple of episodes just so they can immediately introduce Schierke and the berserker armor, then they'll rush straight into the war against Ganishka. The season will end with Guts and crew getting on the boat right after a poorly animated and choreographed depiction of Guts and Zodd's fight against Ganishka. Then that'll be the end of this woefull anime and they'll wait until the manga is finished before attempting another adaptation.

Main Voice Cast:

Guts: Hiroaki Iwanaga
Puck: Kaoru Mizuhara
Farnese: Yoko Hikasa
Serpico: Kazuyuki Okitsu
Ishidoro: Hiro Shimono
Casca: Toa Yukinari
Schierke: Chiwa Saito
Ivalera: Satomi Arai
Flora: Sumi Shimamoto
Zodd: Kenta Miyake
Sonia: Yoshino Nanjo

Grifith: Takahiro Sakurai
The Skull Knight: Akio Otsuka
Narrator: Unsho Ishizuka

Best Japanese voice actor for the best Character, at least they got that right.

Tizoc

My brother watched berserk anime which got him into the series
I then let him read the manga tomcatch up
He njoyed the manga a lot

Erigu

There's also noticeably no mention of Grunbeld in the voice cast. Considering how much the season is using the berserker armor as it's main advertisement and how important a role Grunbeld plays in Guts getting the armor, that's more than a little worrying. My guess is that he's completely cut from the show.
Mule isn't there either. Calm down. You're really jumping to conclusions, there.

nin1000

Banned
I dont understand how they could have kept anyone from the first season.
How ?
Are we the ones suffering and witnessing the Eclipse ?
Are we already dead since it has been decided ages ago ?
:(

Grudy

Best Japanese voice actor for the best Character, at least they got that right.

The scene in the third movie where he appeared to warn Guts of what's coming is one of my favorites. Even knowing what happens later, the scene is still omnious, largely due to his voice and how he talks. The stuff with Zodd and post-eclipse is really great too.

Tizoc

What is up with Serpico's face?

Btw want me to make an ot for season 2 or should i just stick woth the original ot?

Gulz1992

To quote reddit, "This is what happens when guys who only draw cute chibi anime do a Berserk adaptation."

Also, Guts already has his patch of white hair in this image. I'm more confident that they're going to rush through the entire Millennium Falcon arc in 13 episodes so they can end the show with Guts and crew getting on the boat.

To quote reddit, "This is what happens when guys who only draw cute chibi anime do a Berserk adaptation."

Also, Guts already has his patch of white hair in this image. I'm more confident that they're going to rush through the entire Millennium Falcon arc in 13 episodes so they can end the show with Guts and crew getting on the boat.
Does this mean Schierke will be the best drawn character?

Top Bottom