• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4/XB1 footage on 10/29 [Up3: Comparisons coming in at midnight EDT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Update:

t1383019200z2.png

https://twitter.com/jackfrags/status/394818540974260224

vmhjuJ4.png

tUynHYt.png

---

Note: Since some people seem confused here, Jack Frags is a popular Battlefield YouTube streamer that was at the BF4 review event, not a DICE employee.

Since this is slowly devouring the various Battlefield 4 threads, let's centralize this here.

Jack Frags Twitter (8 hours ago) said:
Also after playing the full version of Battlefield 4 on PC yesterday on all of the maps I've concluded it is very good. 5 out of 5 bananas!

And finally I think you guys will be very surprised when you see Xbox One vs PS4 footage!
Source: https://twitter.com/jackfrags/status/393692774358204416

Jack Frags on Reddit (5 hours ago) said:
Jack Frags: I'll be posting Xbox One and PS4 footage - Direct capture 1080p on the 29th October - I'm not allowed to post before then. I have several hours of PS4 multiplayer and the full single player campaign on Xbox One recorded.

Angry_Gnome: It might be too early to ask, but could you notice any significant graphical differences between the PS4 and Xbox One versions? Thanks for your videos by the way, I watch them weekly and am excited for your continued BF4 coverage!

Jack Frags: I can't talk specifics until the 29th but I can say that one of the next gen console versions definitely looks better than the other.
Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1p6m71/floodzone_gameplay/cczc3wi

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Finally, I was starting to get worried thinking they were gonna put an embargo on next gen footage till the PS4 launch.

Vizzeh

Banned
Hmm good news in a way, altho their saying 1080p direct feed, something tells me its not native 1080?

What will the surprise be, that they were able to run them both in parity and they look equal? if thats the case surely they didn't push the PS4 enough? - Either that or there is a big difference.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Hmm good news in away, altho their saying 1080p direct feed, something tells me its not native 1080?

What will the surprise be, that they were able to run them both in parity and they look equal? if thats the case surely they didn't push the PS4 enough? - Either that or there is a big difference.

"I can't talk specifics until the 29th but I can say that one of the next gen console versions definitely looks better than the other."

Won't single player look better than multiplayer, at least it did in BF3 didn't it? So it won't be an accurate comparison I would think.

"I can say that one of the next gen console versions definitely looks better than the other."

"And finally I think you guys will be very surprised when you see Xbox One vs PS4 footage!"

Hm? Surprised?

DBT85

Hmm good news in away, altho their saying 1080p direct feed, something tells me its not native 1080?

Both consoles will upscale anything to 1080. So with this footage the only way we'll know the resolution is people pixel counting, unless someone mentions it.

Newlove

I do wander if the Xbox One version will look better, just by how he says people will be very surprised. It's kind of the general view now that the PS4 version is likely to be on par or higher resolution. Plus he did play campaign vs multiplayer, so maybe there's some visual differences there in itself.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Won't single player look better than multiplayer, at least it did in BF3 didn't it? So it won't be an accurate comparison I would think.
Yep. I suspect the XB1 footage might be more visually appealing for just that reason. The SP in BF3 was dramatically more impressive looking than multiplayer but it was also completely on rails. :\

Vizzeh

Banned
"I can't talk specifics until the 29th but I can say that one of the next gen console versions definitely looks better than the other."

I was focusing more on the "surprise" comment, I missed that line you posted above though. Really though, is it a surprise, unless X1 runs better?

JaggedSac

Oct 29 will be a bad day for the Bone and Albert's Twitter feed.

The "surprised" comment is probably about just how big of a difference there is. As in, you will be surprised at just how much better the PS4 version looks.

"I can say that one of the next gen console versions definitely looks better than the other."

"And finally I think you guys will be very surprised when you see Xbox One vs PS4 footage!"

Hm? Surprised?

Only real surprise would be if the Xbone version looks better.

VanWinkle

Umm won't single player look better than multiplayer? I wouldn't be remotely surprised is the XB1 single player footage looks better than the PS4 multiplayer footage.

MysteryM

Wouldn't it be amazing if the xbox one version turned out to be better? Given the talk that BF4 on PS4 is 1080p elsewhere its not going to happen but it would just be fun to see the response on the GAF.

Begaria

Wouldn't it be more apt to compare single player footage between the Xbox One and the PS4, and not single player footage vs multiplayer?

Vizzeh

Banned
Both consoles will upscale anything to 1080. So with this footage the only way we'll know the resolution is people pixel counting, unless someone mentions it.

Im still curious how good the upscalers will be and if they introduce any lag, especially 720p upscaled to 1080p. Hopefully he knows more as he is suguesting and will reveal on the 29th the resolutions.

tkalamba

I was focusing more on the "surprise" comment, I missed that line you posted above though. Really though, is it a surprise, unless X1 runs better?

Who knows, wasn't BF3 CPU intensive? It could be a factor or I could be completely wrong.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.

Comparison shots that don't show the same scene are generally not very useful.

Bradf50

I do wander if the Xbox One version will look better, just by how he says people will be very surprised. It's kind of the general view now that the PS4 version is likely to be on par or higher resolution. Plus he did play campaign vs multiplayer, so maybe there's some visual differences there in itself.

No reason to believe at the moment that the xbox version will look better. But then, what do I know eh? :)

EDIT: Sorry I misread his final statement I thought it meant xbox & ps4 not vs. My apologies.

Brad.

CAN'T WAIT!!!

I've been holding off far too long on which console to preorder it on. Does BF4 on next-gen consoles have a release date?

If everyone is expecting the Xbox One version to be inferior, and he says "You're going to be surprised." I take that as a hint that the Xbox One version is BASICALLY similar to the PS4 version. Maybe a few less trees or whatever small details than the PS4 version.

haha, if Battlefield 4 is the same resolution on Xbox One and PS4, yet CoD Ghost isn't, I really want to know how IW fucked up development that badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom