• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cracked: 3 Mistakes Women Make When Dealing With Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gustav

Banned
Not really. Evopsych summed up is basically post hoc rationalization for treating women like shit for centuries and acts like societies in which there wasn't a patriarchal model are bereft from history or didn't come before.

Not sure what you're trying to say here. All I know is "be a wife or a whore" is not how the world works.

Bleepey

It's not hard for most people to get laid if that's all you're looking for. Guys and girls. Almost any guy can go get laid pretty easily (not paying for it) but they don't because even guys have their own standards they want to meet.

Bullshit. Bull fucking shit. A girl can get laid anytime she damn well pleased if she lets her standards fall enough. Girls can hit a 100% success rate of new click everytime they go out and if a girl is a 7 or above she won't get rejected period. Ryan Gosling, Brad Pitt or whoever can get shot down prior to being famous, I doubt Kelly Brook has ever had a guy tell her no. But fuck subjectivity,here's an objective way of looking at how easy/difficult it is for each gender? Go to OKcupid, search for straight men and then straight women. How long will it take you to see a guy respond selectively or very selectively. It took me a full 2 minutes for a guy and about a minute to find a girl who responds anything other than often or hasn't been contacted in the week.

1.) Being Slutty is Empowering

Meh, having a similar interest in sex just like men is a good thing in my book.

Liking sex and having had several sex partners doesn't automatically mean they are whores/sluts or that they would cheat on you.

If the article just means the way you openly talk about sex/bragging with sex partners etc., fine, but adding it like this to the top of the list is misleading and implies the old stereotype of only virgin-girls are good for marriage etc.

kinggroin

Banned
Its been fun reading this thread, and while I have no real opinion on the OP, here's an article I found that speaks about the link between infidelIty and sexual promiscuity.

http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0014162

Here's another interesting one that states intelligent men (and women) are less likely to cheat due to evolution. Interesting enough, they associate liberalism and atheism with these higher evolved men/women.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/7339654/Intelligent-men-less-likely-to-cheat.html

marrec

Banned
Haven't read the article but aren't #3 and #1 sort of contradicting?

Having read the article, it seems like yes on the surface. It's kind of an impossible standard the author is holding up.

Article said:
Distinguishing yourself. That's the whole point of playing hard to get. Instead of being like the other needy girls, you act super cool and uninterested to stand out. You know what else would distinguish you? Giving better head than everyone else.

Then he later goes on to make a joke about a girl who says she has 'Dick Sucking Lips'.

The article itself was pretty terrible and seemed targeted at such a small population of women as to be irrelevant. No article guy, women don't like Negging, you just hang around stupid women. And telling a woman that being sexually empowered isn't sexy? Please. It's obvious to me he's intimidated by this type of woman. If that turns you off guy, then great, but a sexually promiscuous woman who doesn't care if you know she is sexually promiscuous is part and parcel with an era where women aren't socially constrained as much as they were 60 years ago.

So his ideal woman is one who doesn't play hard to get, but isn't slutty, and threw something fucked up about Negging in there for no reason. But it's a cracked article, what the hell did I expect?

Reading their science articles is painful enough, I'll avoid anything on Cracked about this topic from now on.

Bullshit. Bull fucking shit. A girl can get laid anytime she damn well pleased if she lets her standards fall enough.

Different from a guy, how?

Girls can hit a 100% success rate of new click everytime they go out and if a girl is a 7 or above she won't get rejected period. Ryan Gosling, Brad Pitt or whoever can get shot down prior to being famous, I doubt Kelly Brook has ever had a guy tell her no. But fuck subjectivity,here's an objective way of looking at how easy/difficult it is for each gender? Go to OKcupid, search for straight men and then straight women. How long will it take you to see a guy respond selectively or very selectively. It took me a full 2 minutes for a guy and about a minute to find a girl who responds anything other than often or hasn't been contacted in the week.

Yeah, you use Kelly Brook as an example of the average girl. Good example. Again, at the extremes I won't argue, but we're not discussing extremes.

And yes, 7s get turned down. All the time. I don't need OKCupid to measure shit.

DominoKid

What does your roommate say and do?

It's hard for me to explain it well, because he relates to people in a vastly different way than I do.

The best way I can put it is that he feasts on girl's mental insecurities because they're easy to manipulate.
The results don't lie so I have to say he's damn good at it.
"I got a thing for the girls who don't love themselves" as he once so eloquently put it.
I thought it was pretty funny tbh but sad.

It's hard for me to explain it well, because he relates to people in a vastly different way than I do.

The best way I can put it is that he feasts on girl's mental insecurities because they're easy to manipulate.
The results don't lie so I have to say he's damn good at it.
"I got a thing for the girls who don't love themselves" as he once so eloquently put it.
I thought it was pretty funny tbh but sad.

How I Met Your Mother - Barney. The girls with daddy issues are the easiest.

Having read the article, it seems like yes on the surface. It's kind of an impossible standard the author is holding up.

Then he later goes on to make a joke about a girl who says she has 'Dick Sucking Lips'.

The article itself was pretty terrible and seemed targeted at such a small population of women as to be irrelevant. No article guy, women don't like Negging, you just hang around stupid women. And telling a woman that being sexually empowered isn't sexy? Please. It's obvious to me he's intimidated by this type of woman. If that turns you off guy, then great, but a sexually promiscuous woman who doesn't care if you know she is sexually promiscuous is part and parcel with an era where women aren't socially constrained as much as they were 60 years ago.

So his ideal woman is one who doesn't play hard to get, but isn't slutty, and threw something fucked up about Negging in there for no reason. But it's a cracked article, what the hell did I expect?

Reading their science articles is painful enough, I'll avoid anything on Cracked about this topic from now on.

Psst. Just read John Cheese's articles. Love those.

And Seanbaby's book reviews slams.

Bleepey

Different from a guy, how?

Yeah, you use Kelly Brook as an example of the average girl. Good example. Again, at the extremes I won't argue, but we're not discussing extremes.

And yes, 7s get turned down. All the time. I don't need OKCupid to measure shit.

1) different from a guy in that I can let my standards fall to a 1/10 at the end of the night and i can still get shot down.

2) You missed my point, guys like gosling are handsome yet they can still get shot down left right and centre if they have so much as dirty shoes. Girls like Kelly Brook will have to say and do some extreme shit for a guy to at the very least not fuck them.

Oh and DK, my friend said there are too many hot girls with low self-esteem for him to date an ugly girl.

marrec

Banned
1) different from a guy in that I can let my standards fall to a 1/10 at the end of the night and i can still get shot down.

2) You missed my point, guys like gosling are handsome yet they can still get shot down left right and centre if they have so much as dirty shoes. Girls like Kelly Brook will have to say and do some extreme shit for a guy to at the very least not fuck them.

Oh and DK, my friend said there are too many hot girls with low self-esteem for him to date an ugly girl.

Your version of reality is disconnected from anything that actually happens. You are not the arbiter of sexual desire in women and if they've rejected you in the past it shouldn't color your opinion on them now. Men can get fucked just as fast as women.

Your version of reality is disconnected from anything that actually happens. You are not the arbiter of sexual desire in women and if they've rejected you in the past it shouldn't color your opinion on them now. Men can get fucked just as fast as women.

Not as often. And the rarity goes up with the increased attractiveness of the woman.

Bleepey

You miss the point. Guys like Chris Evans, LL Cool J or whoever can go out every night and not pull. Gabaray Sidibe can. I can't believe I am arguing over whether a girl can get laid anytime she damn well likes whilst it's not something a man can replicate.

Satch

Banned
You miss the point. Guys like Chris Evans, LL Cool J or whoever can go out every night and not pull. Gabaray Sidibe can. I can't believe I am arguing over whether a girl can get laid anytime she damn well likes whilst it's not something a man can replicate.

Well, okay I guess, but is there supposed to be some alternative to this?

Playing hard to get is really annoying. If someone acts like they're not interested I'll assume they're not interested and move on. I'm not a fucking mind reader.

IceCold

I'm surprised that some people here say that men can get laid just as easily as women can. An average to above-average looking woman will have a much easier time getting laid than an average to above-average looking man. I honestly don't see how anyone can debate the contrary.

You see the difference though right?
Yes, I know the fact guys have to work harder is the reason they call those who don't an embarrassment and sluts.

Most truly hot guys I know have no problem at all to get laid and reject girls they don't find attractive, same way more normal-looking girls don't get proposed mad humping every other second.

I'm surprised that some people here say that men can get laid just as easily as women can. An average to above-average looking woman will have a much easier time getting laid than an average to above-average looking man. I honestly don't see how anyone can debate the contrary.

I don't think anybody is making that argument.. We're rejecting the notion that guys can't get laid easily, that women are never shot down, and that men are never approached by women.

I can understand #3. I don't generally judge people by their sexual behavior but I had a male friend who went through a divorce a few years ago come and stay with me and the single-mindedness with which he pursued sex and his lack of standards while doing it made me more than a little disgusted. Everyone in my group of friends found him incredibly creepy during that period.

Bleepey

Yes, I know the fact guys have to work harder is the reason they call those who don't an embarrassment and sluts.

Most truly hot guys I know have no problem at all to get laid and reject girls they don't find attractive, same way more normal-looking girls don't get proposed mad humping every other second.

They are the 0.1%. I doubt say Ll Cool J would get messaged more than an average looking girl on pof.

marrec

Banned
They are the 0.1%. I doubt say Ll Cool J would get messaged more than an average looking girl on pof.
Ladies do love him..

I am still not convinced that women find it exceptionally easier to get laid then men, but I think its an irrelevant argument. The discussion is better focused on this idea that if a girl were to practice a promiscuous sexuality she would be lambasted as a slut much more quickly then her male counterpart.

Bleepey

Ladies do love him..

I am still not convinced that women find it exceptionally easier to get laid then men, but I think its an irrelevant argument. The discussion is better focused on this idea that if a girl were to practice a promiscuous sexuality she would be lambasted as a slut much more quickly then her male counterpart.

Any girl with an internet connection can find a guy to fuck her. Let this be a GAF challenge thing. Go create two lot accounts. Create an account with a plain looking girl, just have something like "looking for sex lol" and then have a profile that is well thought out witty and interesting. Have a girl write it based on what she thinks makes a good profile. Set the girl's status to looking for casual sex' let the guys say looking for dating or something like that. The girl will get more messages in 10 minutes than he will in a week. I'd bet good money on it.

marrec

Banned
Any girl with an internet connection can find a guy to fuck her. Let this be a GAF challenge thing. Go create two lot accounts. Create an account with a plain looking girl, just have something like "looking for sex lol" and then have a profile that is well thought out witty and interesting. Have a girl write it based on what she thinks makes a good profile. Set the girl's status to looking for casual sex' let the guys say looking for dating or something like that. The girl will get more messages in 10 minutes than he will in a week. I'd bet good money on it.
Yes, the internet is the perfect place to test that, good idea.

Hahaha using the internet as your example? Christ. Might as well throw a girl in a den of hungry lions.

Prostitutes don't count.
Says something about you if you think that'd be the only way.

I've been on both OKcupid and POF and yes, we get an insane number of messages. Barely a 1% would be given any thought. I don't know why unwanted attention is considered here. Fat, ugly or creepy girls won't approach you because they know the answer, but if you did you could easily get laid.

Yes, we have it easier. But guys don't have it nowhere near as hard as you paint it, not we have it as fucking easy, assuming some sort of standards. Maybe if all guys stopped going for the ultra-hot chick they'd realize it.

Still, even assuming we just needed to whistle for three oil covered Brad Pitt's to show up, it doesn't make us who do like to have some no strings attached fun any less worth.

EDIT: and the Internet is not a good place to test this. What I said regarding guy's success comes from clubs and parties.

Who is likely to get more sexual gratification out of a one night stand? A man or a woman? Who is likely to feel more safe going home with someone they don't know? A man or a woman? Who has a higher sex drive during their late teens to late 20's when people haven't settled down yet? A man or a woman?

There are some obvious reasons why there are more young men interested in casual sex than young women and under those conditions it's a lot easier for average women to get laid and a lot harder for average men (good looking young men and woman shouldn't have any problems).

If I asked any of my female friends if there was a night they wanted to get laid that they couldn't they'd say no (or at least that's the case with the ones I have asked).

So they shouldn't.

IMO.

I was being flippant.

Even if women have an easier time finding partners you're acting like that's so much better because you're having a hard time approaching them. As if we even want all that attention or would fuck any of the men who make crude remarks. It's not easier to fuck who you want, it's just easier to fuck.

If you're looking for a relationship, maybe. If you're just looking to get laid, then why not settle?

Standards?

I was being flippant.

Even if women have an easier time finding partners you're acting like that's so much better because you're having a hard time approaching them. As if we even want all that attention or would fuck any of the men who make crude remarks. It's not easier to fuck who you want, it's just easier to fuck.

For all the girls who don't like the attention, there are plenty who do. Depending on your attractiveness, yes, you can fuck who you want.

Step 1: Start dancing with a guy
Step 2: Make out
Step 3: Suggest fucking

For all the girls who don't like the attention, there are plenty who do. Depending on your attractiveness, yes, you can fuck who you want.

Step 1: Start dancing with a guy
Step 2: Make out
Step 3: Suggest fucking

Yes every women everywhere likes every come on she's ever got and sexual harassment is just a figment of our imagination. Just stop it.

marrec

Banned
I really feel like you aren't grasping the reality of the situation and are instead projecting yourselves into it. Not every guy is going to want to fuck a woman, no matter how attractive.

Bleepey

Yes, the internet is the perfect place to test that, good idea.

My point still stands.

Says something about you if you think that'd be the only way.

I've been on both OKcupid and POF and yes, we get an insane number of messages. Barely a 1% would be given any thought. I don't know why unwanted attention is considered here. Fat, ugly or creepy girls won't approach you because they know the answer, but if you did you could easily get laid.

Yes, we have it easier. But guys don't have it nowhere near as hard as you paint it, not we have it as fucking easy, assuming some sort of standards. Maybe if all guys stopped going for the ultra-hot chick they'd realize it.

Still, even assuming we just needed to whistle for three oil covered Brad Pitt's to show up, it doesn't make us who do like to have some no strings attached fun any less worth.

EDIT: and the Internet is not a good place to test this. What I said regarding guy's success comes from clubs and parties.

1) it doesnt say shit about me
2) I think I asked you this before in the OKCUPID thread, what would you rather have to filter a message or dozen a day something that can take no more than 5-10 minutes and then find maybe 5 messages a day in guys you are interested in. Or have to approach online dating like you are job hunting and put in hours to get responses. Look at the other responses in the thread. As for guys not having it hard, I can go on Amazon right now and find hundreds of books on how to get women, other than books on sandwich recipes women don't have need for such a thing.
3) Can you honestly tell me you know average looking girls who if they wouldn't want to could not get laid anytime they want. Can you find average looking guys that the anything impeding their luck with women are their standards?
4) Guys dong always go for the hottest girl, sometimes guys go for the 7 cos they think the 9 /10 is impossible. Like that scene in the beautiful mind.

My point still stands.

1) it doesnt say shit about me
2) I think I asked you this before in the OKCUPID thread, what would you rather have to filter a message or dozen a day something that can take no more than 5-10 minutes and then find maybe 5 messages a day in guys you are interested in. Or have to approach online dating like you are job hunting and put in hours to get responses. Look at the other responses in the thread. As for guys not having it hard, I can go on Amazon right now and find hundreds of books on how to get women, other than books on sandwich recipes women don't have need for such a thing.
3) Can you honestly tell me you know average looking girls who if they wouldn't want to could not get laid anytime they want. Can you find average looking guys that the anything impeding their luck with women are their standards?
4) Guys dong always go for the hottest girl, sometimes guys go for the 7 cos they think the 9 /10 is impossible. Like that scene in the beautiful mind.

Grass is greener. For however hard you have to work for it you deal with less sexual harassment and creepiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom