• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix RPGs on sale on North American PSN

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
LINK: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...enix-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-9_SQUAREENIXSALE

Such detailed OP. I was gonna make a thread too with the list.

Well here's the list anyway.

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (Vita) $19.99
Chrono Cross (PSone) $4.99
Chrono Trigger (PSone) $4.99
Final Fantasy Origins (PSone) $4.99
Final Fantasy III (PSP) $9.99
Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection (PSP) $9.99
Final Fantasy V (PSone)
Final Fantasy VI (PSone) $4.99
Final Fantasy VII (PSone) $4.99
Final Fantasy VIII (PSone) $4.99
Final Fantasy IX (PSone) $4.99
Final Fantasy Tactics (PSone) $4.99
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions (PSP) $4.99
Dissidia 012[duodecim] (PSP) $9.99
Dissidia Final Fantasy (PSP) $9.99
Front Mission 3 (PSone) $2.99

UPDATE: ADDED GAMES
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (PS3) - $19.99
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3) - $9.99
Lightning Returns (PS3) - $24.99
Crystal Defenders (PS3) - $4.99
Crystal Defenders (PSP) - $4.99
Elevator Action Deluxe (PS3) - $4.99

Such detailed OP. I was gonna make a thread too with the list.

Well here's the list anyway. THIS IS INCOMPLETE.

PSN isn't fully updated so the sale is only active on Vita store right now. Here's what's on sale for sure.

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (Vita) $19.99
Chrono Cross (PSone) $4.99
Chrono Trigger (PSone) $4.99
Final Fantasy III (PSP) $9.99
Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection (PSP) $9.99
Final Fantasy VI (PSone) $4.99
Final Fantasy VII (PSone) $4.99
Final Fantasy VIII (PSone) $4.99
Final Fantasy IX (PSone) $4.99
Final Fantasy Tactics (PSone) $4.99
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions (PSP) $4.99
Dissidia 012[duodecim] (PSP) $9.99
Dissidia Final Fantasy (PSP) $9.99
Front Mission 3 (PSone) $2.99

Doing what the OP couldn't.

Good I'll buy FF6, Chrono Cross and Chrono Trigger.

DJ_Lae

Well, looks like I may finally bite on the Vita version of FFX/X-2. My tipping point was going to be both for $30, but I'm more likely to play it on the Vita and I'll just wait until the PS3 version is $10.

Does it have cross-saves?

Hesemonni

Banned
I won't drone too much, but let's just say these threads make me hate the difficulty of playing US games on EU Vita.

KalBalboa

Banned
Well, looks like I may finally bite on the Vita version of FFX/X-2. My tipping point was going to be both for $30, but I'm more likely to play it on the Vita and I'll just wait until the PS3 version is $10.

Yup.

yes, plus you can suspend/resume on the vita which makes it the best way to play these game!

hwy_61

Banned
Don't buy Chrono Trigger. It's an awful port. There's a delay right before you start a battle EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME.

NolbertoS

Hmm, Chrono Trigger and Front Mission 3 for me. FFVI loading times kill it for me on PS1. Might bite on FF origins again.

DJ_Lae

Awesome, sold.

Though I'm dreading downloading the game. I don't think I've had a device as slow as the Vita as far as network speeds are concerned.

yes, plus you can suspend/resume on the vita which makes it the best way to play these game!

Yeah, I've found I play a lot of RPGs before bedtime on my handhelds because it's so easy to just bang out half an hour and then put the handheld to sleep. Doesn't matter if the save points are too far apart at that point.

Tizoc

Beat me to it lol.
If you live outside the US, just make a US PSN account and grab PSN cash codes from Amazon.com, use a random US billing address and bask in the glory of 60 Hz PSX games. Everybody does this.
^Add this to first post OP.

...and EU GAF, just do it, just make a US account and enjoy these games on your PS3.

Valnen

I beat the PS1 port of Chrono Trigger and if it's the only way you can access the game it's still worth it, because Chrono Trigger is just THAT good. But if you have a DS, play that version instead.

hwy_61

Banned
GAF, is the PSOne version of Chrono Trigger worth $5? I've heard nothing but bad things.

Fuck no it isn't. Buy it on the Wii virtual console if you can. Also, the DS version, but that may be more difficult to find on the cheap. I have the DS port and it's great.

ocean

Banned
Getting FF VII, VIII and IX along with Chrono Cross (haven't played that one!).

Sony, my wallet :(

Edit: FFVII still shows at 9.99. It also tells me that I'm not eligible to purchase this content when I try to add to basket. Never had this error before. Anyone know what's up?

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Now to finally get the 60hz version of FFIX and pray that multiple accounts will come to Vita one day.

OG Loc

God damnit no Tactics Ogre on sale ;_;

It was actually on sale for like $9.99 back in late April during the Golden Week sale. (That's when I purchased it for like the 4th time) It just wasn't advertised/broadcasted by the PlayStation Blog.

Jb

Cool, I'll finally grab FF Tactics: War of the Lions. It's a good remake of the original right?

Tucah

you speak so well
GAF, is the PSOne version of Chrono Trigger worth $5? I've heard nothing but bad things.

If you have any other option at all, then do not buy the PS1 version. It is easily the worst version of the game available.

Top Bottom