• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Facebook election meltdowns and tasty, salty tears |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubsfan23

Banned
Post all Meltdowns From your Facebook News Feed, TV Media, Twitter Accounts......anything you come across. This will make it easier to see reactions years from now.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Should I feel bad that I'm kind of rooting for Romney to win just because of the ensuing meltdown on GAF and the countless amount of entertainment it will bring?

Derrick01

Banned
Should I feel bad that I'm kind of rooting for Romney to win just because of the ensuing meltdown on GAF and the countless amount of entertainment it will bring?

Considering the awful things he will do to this country, yes it seems pretty bad to want that to happen just to see how Gaf will react.

Great idea for a thread. Kudos.

Some guy from Facebook who considers himself a Libertarian:

You liberals are going to be really rustled when Romney wins tomorrow. All your lies and stereotypes got you nowhere. That's politics in America, who can out bullshit the other. It reflects into the citizens as well. Regardless of the outcome, I hope you are proud we are separated by an illusion of choice. Just know you are promoting archaism and have created the social classes you want to break down. Maybe if we started seeing it as how we are similar, instead of trying to differentiate ourselves from each other; we could live in a more peaceful and understanding world. Though, whats the point. Half of you are as lost as your cause.

Is he bracing against disappointment? Why would a libertarian eschew liberalism anyway?

Not just GAF. I almost want Romney to win just to see that.
Sigh.

Yeah, I kind of agree, actually. I want Obama to win, but a Romney win would be so much more...interesting, for better and for worse. Mostly worse.

As a person who is watching the US elections from the outside, a thread like this calls for the lawn chair and popcorn. I should keep a suit ready in case one person's meltdown goes nuclear.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Considering the awful things he will do to this country, yes it seems pretty bad to want that to happen just to see how Gaf will react.

I don't really have a dog in the fight, and Romney is going to win my state (Georgia) anyways so I probably won't even vote. Honestly I don't know enough about either candidate's policies to make an educated decision in the first place, so I'd feel kind of bad voting.

But really I'm not rooting for either, though the meltdown would be funny.

LQX

Wow, with how confident some are that Obama will win I would put my vote on Romney. That over-confidence I bet will have many staying home rather than voting as the think a Obama victory is all but assured.

Cubsfan23

Banned
Funny thing is i see more cases of overconfidence from romney fans. Saw one guy claim romney had a chance at california

Darknight

Um I really hope Obama wins. I was watching Telemundo or some crap and some lady said she wasnt voting for Barack because she is pro-life.....WTF!!! ARRGGG!! Really!?

VertPin

So I'm not so close to politics as you guys (I'm only 18) so I really don't have a strong opinion on who to vote for on my ballot. Who do you guys honestly think will win? Based on those tweets alone, looks like people want a white and rich president :/

I don't understand people that say 'Facebook is so stupid', it's pretty amazing when you think about it. The problem is that so many people use it, and so many people are stupid!

I'm fortunate enough to lack a serious amount of hardcore republicans in my Facebook circle of friends - so this thread should quench my thirst for irrational reactions.

So I'm not so close to politics as you guys (I'm only 18) so I really don't have a strong opinion on who to vote for on my ballot. Who do you guys honestly think will win? Based on those tweets alone, looks like people want a white and rich president :/

If you look at the polls, Obama has a fairly strong chance for victory. He's leading in Ohio, and has enough states locked down to get him the necessary electoral votes. But of course, everything's just a prediction until tomorrow.
If you want a quick primer on who to vote for, look up some debate summaries on YouTube. That should give you an idea where they stand.

antonz

I want Romney to win just for the meltdowns. That would be truly epic. Romney losing will have its fun but no where near the fun of Obama losing.

Romney is as far to the left as Obama is in the long run anyways

2MF

The schadenfreude is strong on GAF

It's amazing how spiteful people are about politics

I disagree. If anything I think it's more amazing how some amount of trust in politicians still exists. Although I see that trust decreasing in more and more countries.

Gannd

Banned

I want Romney to win because of it. My friends on facebook, twitter, and GAF are going to be ruined. I kind of want to feed on how silly this all is.

I have some outspoken loons on both side that post extreme political statuses frequently on facebook. I'll report back with anything interesting

This could be an excellent thread

saelz8

Yes, you should feel bad to wish meltdowns on your fellow GAF'ers.

FOX News and Republican Meltdowns would be infinitely more satisfying.

Mario007

As a Non-American college student I kinda wanna see Romney win just to see the meltdowns as well. I mean pretty much every site I visit is pro-Obama in a big way, all my college friends are pro Obama (ya know, us liberal college kids) etc.

The truth is, I'd even personally kind of love Obama to lose. Having said that, it'd be a really bad joke on you American guys if Romney won. If only there was third candidate, or if the republicans haven't chose Romney.

The comments on this website cannot be real right?

Let's take a look...

Those are just the riot threats posted today (Friday November 2nd). It is reasonable to assume that hundreds more were posted prior to today — all of them ignored by a complacent, biased mainstream media.

Interestingly, the threats made today were posted exclusively by supporters of President Obama. We weren’t able to find even one Republican threatening to riot if Mitt Romney loses.

Uh, what? Biased media? As in... going out and hand-picking twitter posts that serve your agenda? No way!

I gotta say, though, those Obama supporters, they sure are violent! It's in their ideals, like advocating war and hating the little guy, right? Right??

Everyone, come, don't be afraid, join Romney's Drum Circle for Peace and Harmony!

Malkin isn't exactly a reputable news source.
MSN reported on it too.

But I guess only Republicans say stupid things.

This is why whoever wins, I'm just gonna watch the inevitable meltdown.

Doesn't matter 'cause the person I voted for isn't gonna win.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
itt: a lot of young, naive kids who don't understand the prevalence of political influence in their lives & bank accounts

The comments on this website cannot be real right?
Sadly it probably is. But, the people saying stupid things like "I'm not voting for Obama cause he's black" or "I'm rioting if Romney wins" are the same people sending you messages on Halo 4 MP saying "I'm gunna fuck u up n00b!"

Still sad nonetheless.

Jimothy

Are you American? If so, you're a fucking idiot. This shit isn't a game.

q3m74.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom