• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham S3 |OT| Not Filming In Vancouver - Mondays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... I guess we can't get through a season without Bruce getting nabbed, and Alfred getting his ass kicked <_<

C'mon Alfred, YOU HAD ONE JOB! ;)
He's still great though, but he needs an upgrade knowing that Bruce is starting to purposefully ruffle some feathers, but that's a seemingly tough opponent anyway.

Damn I missed this show!

Dude went through 5 different Jokers with that laugh.

Late, but yeah, it's awesome.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Wonder if they'll get into the "unkillable" aspect of the Talons. Or is there only one?

Tabby

I can tell this Ivy thing is going to bug me, good season premiere other than that though.

Didn't Barnes die in season 2? I remember him dying.

Luigi87

I can tell this Ivy thing is going to bug me, good season premiere other than that though.

Didn't Barnes die in season 2? I remember him dying.

Nah, just critically wounded, which going from how he was after Gordon and Bullock left his office, is having more of an internal effect than he's letting on.

Dunlop

I love this show, but it is counterbalanced by how much I fucking hate Fish Mooney and I am resigned to the fact that the show will never be rid of her

Did they give a name for that old guy working for Fish?

I think his name was Marv.

Loved the episode, so glad it's back. I was wondering if the hissing guy in the oversized poncho thing was supposed to be somebody, I lost my shit when it was Man-Bat.

Sucks that Peabody is gone, but I can't wait to see the other villains this season.

Kevin

Enjoyed the season three premiere. Thought it was pretty on par with the season two premiere and season in general. I always feel like this show is mostly solid but rarely is amazing. Still it's definitely fun and I have no reason to believe that season three will be any different. I look forward to seeing where the story goes this season.

This episode was meh for me. Vampire Bono (man-bat), Emo Bruce doing street magic, Barbra seems a little to manic. Can't wait to see how how hot ivy get now that she got aged just enough. Penguins eat fish! Hoping the season picks up.

I think his name was Marv.

Loved the episode, so glad it's back. I was wondering if the hissing guy in the oversized poncho thing was supposed to be somebody, I lost my shit when it was Man-Bat.

Sucks that Peabody is gone, but I can't wait to see the other villains this season.

Thanks.
Was wondering if he was someone I should know and didn't even catch the name.

Agreed, so glad this is back.

slider

Dammit. Not coming to the UK until next year apparently. Humph.

Edit: Gah, gotto stop dipping into this thread.

Magwik

Banned
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. That premiere was awful. Everything felt rushed and had way too many plot threads going on in the hour. The cinematography seems to be a step down aside from Penguin and Riddler talking.

I should've written notes while I was watching but haha Jim got Radioactive'd! Still loving Krazy Barbra Kean and Tabitha *leoknucklebite.gif*. LOL at discount Flash or maybe Quicksilver but still, lol. Interested where clone Bruce is going to go but I got a feeling I already have a decent idea. Hot woman with a young teen girl's mind is going to be creepy as fuck more so now that we see how it's happening. I hope the Fish arc is short.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Oh man, that Ivy thing was so contrived. I wasn't really feeling this episode. There was a lof of table setting, which you would expect for a premiere but it felt jumbled with all the plots going at once. It didn't really feel like a complete story so much as "Here's this person. And this person. And remember her? She's here too!" Might have been stronger if they had held back on some stuff for the second episode and tightened up what they had.

I liked Butch and all his scenes though. And it's nice that Fox is working for GCPD now.

Kifimbo

I'm not sure I understood the first scene of this season. Did I missed something ? Gordon visits Thompkins with flowers, looks at her through a window, sees her pouring wine for her and another man, and that other man was Gordon ?

Sölf

It was an okay start. Could have been better, but it's interesting to see what they were doing and that they have a "good" explanation as to way these monstern don't just run around abusing their power.

Also, RIP to best assistant.

RS4-

Had me at Valerie Vale.

I actually didn't finish the last 3 eps of s2 until last night/this morning, then the premiere.

Not bad.

Penguin

I get it, but one of my least favorite type of premieres which is the table-setting.

We have so many characters and plots to update that there's really no good flow to the episode.

Oddduck

Here's what I liked about the premiere.

+ Jamie Chung who plays Valerie Vale is great so far.
+ Any scenes with Penguin and Riddler are usually fun. The scene they shared together was great.
+ Bruce and Alfred scenes have been consistently good for a long time now. That board meeting with Bruce and Alfred was a cool scene.
+ I like the idea of Lucius Fox working temporarily in the GCPD. Because it means that we'll get more fun scenes with him.
+ I like the idea of Barbara and Tabitha having a Sirens club.
+ I think Erin Richards (Barbara) does a great job playing a psychopath.
+ Butch is always great in this show. One of the most underrated characters in the entire series.

Here's what I didn't like about the premiere.

- Juggling way too many characters and stories in this episode.
- Too much set-up/table-setting for the rest of the season. The flow of the episode was messy.
- Introduced too many freaks and monsters too quickly.
- The premiere felt like I was watching an X-Men show instead of a Batman show. (Not sure if that's a good or bad thing)
- Remember when Donal Logue was one of the best parts about Gotham S1? I wish they would give Harvey Bullock more stuff to do in this show. He's one of the best actors on the show!
- I am not a Fish Mooney hater. I think she served her purpose fine in Season 1 to push Penguin's rise in the criminal world.
But I am officially bored of her character.

Phyranion

- Remember when Donal Logue was one of the best parts about Gotham S1? I wish they would give Harvey Bullock more stuff to do in this show. He's one of the best actors on the show!.
To be honest, this show has more good actors than it knows what to do with.

Here's what I liked about the premiere.

+ Jamie Chung who plays Valerie Vale is great so far.
+ Any scenes with Penguin and Riddler are usually fun. The scene they shared together was great.
+ Bruce and Alfred scenes have been consistently good for a long time now. That board meeting with Bruce and Alfred was a cool scene.
+ I like the idea of Lucius Fox working temporarily in the GCPD. Because it means that we'll get more fun scenes with him.
+ I like the idea of Barbara and Tabitha having a Sirens club.
+ I think Erin Richards (Barbara) does a great job playing a psychopath.
+ Butch is always great in this show. One of the most underrated characters in the entire series.

Here's what I didn't like about the premiere.

- Juggling way too many characters and stories in this episode.
- Too much set-up/table-setting for the rest of the season. The flow of the episode was messy.
- Introduced too many freaks and monsters too quickly.
- The premiere felt like I was watching an X-Men show instead of a Batman show. (Not sure if that's a good or bad thing)
- Remember when Donal Logue was one of the best parts about Gotham S1? I wish they would give Harvey Bullock more stuff to do in this show. He's one of the best actors on the show!
- I am not a Fish Mooney hater. I think she served her purpose fine in Season 1 to push Penguin's rise in the criminal world.
But I am officially bored of her character.

Not a great season opener for me. I agree with pretty much all your minus points especially the top 3, as the reason it's gets a meh rating from me.

Apoc29

Gotta love the exposition on Lucius...

Bullock: Ah, here's Lucius Fox, our resident science expert now employed by the GCPD.
Gordon: Harvey, who the fuck are you talking to? I know he's been working here for months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom