• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Shaneus

EatChildren said:
Got the gig at JB. Awww yeeaaah.
When do you start? I'll come in and say "hi", for sure. Also, I will ask if you can pricematch with reptilescorpio's Ozgameshop.

Everyone who is cool has played Shadows of the Damned. Only lamers don't want to play it.
I really need to. I really, really, really do. But I have too many games that are still in their fucking shrinkwrap:
Ace Combat 6 (actually, just unwrapped last night)
de Blob 2
Deathsmiles
Child of Eden PS3
Bioshock 2 PC
Pure
The Saboteur (played, originally traded then rebought for cheap)

Plus all my Steam backlog games (which I consider still shrinkwrapped if I haven't fired them up at least once).

Ugh, catching up on this thread is going to be fucking MURDER.

Edit: Page 3 girl boy. Still didn't make the first page, but it'll do. Mark is pleased.
red-bull-extended-mark-webber-contract2.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Danoss said:
That's pretty poor form man, you have to admit.

"These games are crap. I haven't played them, but they're atrocious"

We clearly haven't met. Let me introduce myself. Hi, I'm EatChildren. I talk shit and like to troll, especially when it comes to Sony games, and especially when I haven't played them.

Shaneus said:
When do you start? I'll come in and say "hi", for sure. Also, I will ask if you can pricematch with reptilescorpio's Ozgameshop.

Heading in to put my name on papers tomorrow, should be starting some time next week.

Danoss

EatChildren said:
We clearly haven't met. Let me introduce myself. Hi, I'm EatChildren. I talk shit and like to troll, especially when it comes to Sony games, and especially when I haven't played them.
Now that you work for JB, this will be exciting. I would like to hear of some Sony games "breaking street date" from you. Choc isn't angry enough about random things, where the target of said anger changes 3 times per page.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Box of Bunnies said:
Season 4? Nah, the general idea tends to be that the decline starts around season 9. I tend to agree with that, but think 9 and 10 are still generally more good than not.

Yup, It's up to 9 is all good, then after that 10 and 11 have a handful of good eps, then its shit.

Shaneus

Gazunta said:
There are 221,073,919,720,733,000,000,000 unique possible combinations of Xbox LIVE gamertags. (36 possible characters for each of the 15 characters in a Gamertag)

That is 1,279,362,961,346,840,000 days worth of Gamertags.

Which is 3,505,104,003,689,960 years worth of Gamertags.

BUT!

Most will be unreadable combinations of random characters simply chosen because people's preferred Gamertags are taken.

Man, I'm glad I own my simple Gamertag. It won't be long until all the readable ones are gone.
And only one Shaneus. Fucking take THAT, guy who stole @Shaneus Twitter account.

RandomVince said:
Lucky bastard. Ive been listening to the L@G album for the past three weeks on heavy repeat. Never gets old, even the Doctor? fuckup sounds good.
They're definitely awesome, but their music can be really fucking tiring, either too relaxing or too intense. I haven't fired up a track of theirs for far too long. But, if you like them, check out the best ambient song that has ever been made. It's like someone recorded the sounds that go through your head when you're finally at peace, right before you die. Heavenly.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Danoss said:
Now that you work for JB, this will be exciting. I would like to hear of some Sony games "breaking street date" from you. Choc isn't angry enough about random things, where the target of said anger changes 3 times per page.

My goal is to enrage Choc as often as possible. I'll do my best.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Someones already spoiler Skyward Sword on my forums, fucks sake.

Yagharek

VOOK said:
Someones already spoiler Skyward Sword on my forums, fucks sake.

Thank fuck I just closed my browser window on your main page.

Shaneus said:
They're definitely awesome, but their music can be really fucking tiring, either too relaxing or too intense. I haven't fired up a track of theirs for far too long. But, if you like them, check out the best ambient song that has ever been made. It's like someone recorded the sounds that go through your head when you're finally at peace, right before you die. Heavenly.

Listening now, thanks for the tip.

edit: oh wow, and only 3 minutes in so far. Getting this song and whatever album its on, should compliment Wipeout HD Zone sessions nicely tyvm.

edit 2: outside of itunes, which I wont use, what is the best way to (legally) acquire this song/remix?

Deeku

Oops, decided to scan the Mario 3DS thread to read some impressions and now I've spoiled some stuff for myself..:/

Shaneus

RandomVince said:
Listening now, thanks for the tip.

edit: oh wow, and only 3 minutes in so far. Getting this song and whatever album its on, should compliment Wipeout HD Zone sessions nicely tyvm.

edit 2: outside of itunes, which I wont use, what is the best way to (legally) acquire this song/remix?
It's nigh-on impossible to get pretty much anywhere, but I'll gladly hook a brother up if I have the wherewithal to find it amongst my grossly disorganised collection.

I think Amazon sell it too, but pretty sure it's a right bitch to try and buy stuff from there. Also, all the dance music (legal) MP3 sites I know of don't have it either. I think you're safe on this one. Also, Chicane's earlier stuff (when he was big in dance but wasn't really big commercially) are amazing for chillicious sounds:
No Ordinary Morning (a personal fave)
Offshore (original mix and his first track, but still freaking awesome)
Saltwater (a little dancier, not as ambient but still a really nice track)

I could go on, but the longer I think of stuff the further I'll get from the reason why you like that remix of Offshore '97 so much.

Edit: (to keep Banshushackazulu happy) Someone posted this futuristic racer (free!) on another gaming forum I visit. Haven't check it yet, but the videos make it look like some Motorhead/POD (the games, not the bands) hybrid.

Yagharek

Shaneus said:
It's nigh-on impossible to get pretty much anywhere, but I'll gladly hook a brother up if I have the wherewithal to find it amongst my grossly disorganised collection.

I think Amazon sell it too, but pretty sure it's a right bitch to try and buy stuff from there. Also, all the dance music (legal) MP3 sites I know of don't have it either. I think you're safe on this one. Also, Chicane's earlier stuff (when he was big in dance but wasn't really big commercially) are amazing for chillicious sounds:
No Ordinary Morning (a personal fave)
Offshore (original mix and his first track, but still freaking awesome)
Saltwater (a little dancier, not as ambient but still a really nice track)

I could go on, but the longer I think of stuff the further I'll get from the reason why you like that remix of Offshore '97 so much.

Well it gives me some stuff to look for anyway. Even if I dont find the exact one, I'm always happy to have another recommendation to check out.

legend166

I went to the dentist today.

He told me I have 'fantastic' teeth that are 'virtually perfect'.

I've flossed maybe once in my life and don't brush twice every day.

Yay genetics!

Too bad it doesn't extend to my eyes.

Shaneus

legend166 said:

Yay genetics!

You cunt. I have to get three fillings on Wed. and sometime shortly after, get a wisdom tooth yanked. But I've been pretty woeful with my dental hygiene the last
five
years :/

legend166 said:

Yay genetics!

Used to never floss then a couple of years ago I just started doing it for some reason. Now my mouth feels weird if I don't get my floss on in the morning and evening.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Was wondering why Ausgaf wasn't up the top of my subscription list. Wasn't expecting 5 yet.

I guess I'll check back next week for 6.

Vince you will be back on the Naughty Dog hype train as soon as the Unkarted reveal trailer hits Youtube.

Jintor said:
I only ever watched episodes on television irregularly and therefore on an episode by episode basis, so I don't really have a sense of where they go in seasons. I know a shit episode when I see one though.
Tonight's was actually pretty good. Lots of well executed pop culture references. No heart though. Worth the watch but I won't ever want to see it again.

RandomVince said:
I do love reading Edge reviews of bad games. Boiling Point and 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand were the best from memory. I think they said 50c would be the kind of game one would make if you had been stabbed 8 times and shot.
Blood on the Sand was actually a hell of a lot of fun. Really good third person shooter with really strong mechanics. Solid pickup for $30.

EatChildren said:
Man I haven't even played either game and they're still terribad.
Oh sorry, I assumed you had played them and had issues with their quality.

RandomVince said:
Also, I'm going on a ten page no-complaining moratorium. To kick things off, here is one of the best songs I wish I had the chance to see played live.]
Underworld - Scribble. Such a happy song. Doesn't fail in cheering me up.

Fredescu said:
You're right about Infamous for what it's worth.
Certainly Infamous 2 cannot fit the Terribad description. What is terribad about it? They tightened up all the controls, the powers are varied and more useful than before (aside from the throwaway pre-order ones) and the enemies are a hell of a lot of fun to takedown. Also a challenging game, you can't just breeze through you actually have to use strategy to avoid getting fucked up. When you are gliding across the final zones taking out 4 or 5 different enemy types without breaking a sweat you feel like god damned Superman or something. User generated content is continually getting updated so the new editor can basically make Infamous 3 at this point. All they need to add in is a Voice Acting option.

Jintor said:
I just wait for the crud to get distilled and for it (impressions) to end up here
Best course of action really since everyone in here knows the rules and are fairly nice (well, not lately, but I am sure everyone will get the sand out of their vaginas sooner rather than later). The mods have been really diligent with thread titles spoilers lately which is good.

Tntnnbltn said:
Lego Rock Band arrived today. Waiting on Rock Band 1 to come in the mail (ETA next Monday).
Interested in Beatles Rock Band?

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Underworld - Scribble. Such a happy song. Doesn't fail in cheering me up.
It was okay live, but when I first heard it, it was such a departure from their previous awesomeness that I've not bothered with any of their new stuff. Sorry to sound like a Brendan Brewer, but everything post A Hundred Days Off (and some during, save for Two Months Off) has been kinda disappointing.

Still fucking LOVE this though. First video I ever saw that was done entirely in one shot.

Shaneus

BanShunsaku said:
154g7ls.png

(thanks Bern!)
It's so emo to not tag things correctly.

Kerrby said:
I thought you were just posting shitty old songs :p.

That Ultra song was my favourite song when I was five :(
I never post things that aren't relevant to the thread's interests. You should know that.

Kritz

Banned
Jeeze, guys, slow down. Only 19750 more posts to go! At this rate we only have 23 more days until we're on the next one.

Top Bottom