• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom has burned any good will they ever had away

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
You made DLC that was already on the disc

You cancelled Mega Man Legends 3.

Bionic Commando. I'm not going to even try and explain that one.

DMC by Ninja Theory?

You take a full generation to make a sequel to a beloved game series and announce Breath of Fire 6 for Smart Phones? It doesn't even look like Breath of Fire.

How could you be so dumb? How could your be so mismanaged that shit like this happens?

I'm done Capcom.

52176-Jack-Nicholson-middle-finger-W7V2.gif

Negator

I am fucking done with Capcom. I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD I will never buy another one of their games ever again.

SmokyDave

Dropping the Vita (though understandable) certainly rustled my jimmies. That said, they're sitting on some great IPs so they aren't dead to me yet.

I like Dragons Dogma, Street Fighter, Monster Hunter, Remember Me, the new Strider looks cool, among other things. They're fine with me. They make some fun games.

Viewtify

Banned
As much shit Capcom has pumped out this gen, they have also released some fantastic games within it.

Capcom will always have special place in my heart no matter how shitty they become.

It's days like today when I ask myself why I even bother with this hobby anymore. Everything I ever loved about it has been dying for the last decade because of these imbeciles.

Nyoro SF

As much shit Capcom has pumped out this gen, they have also released some fantastic games within it.

Capcom will always have special place in my heart no matter how shitty they become.

That delicious corporate loyalty that Capcom adores.

Dio

Banned
Don't forget outsourcing Lost Planet 3 to a Western dev with a terrible track record and sending it out to die with no advertising whatsoever.

Into

People were wondering where Capcom was during E3, they showed Deep Down for PS4 during that reveal and Dead Rising 3

Now you know...lol

I still love you Capcom, more RE games pls

Carbonox

I may have enjoyed some of their games this generation but their shit output far outweighs their good output. A decline spanning an entire generation littered with hilarious and dumbfuck decisions, Capcom isn't even close to being a top tier publisher anymore. Last generation they were my favs along with Insomniac. This generation they're a walking disaster. Doesn't exactly help that all their top talent (Mikami, Kamiya, etc.) left. When you fuck up a blockbuster title like Resident Evil 6 because you're utterly clueless and directionless, you know you have issues.

It's comical that their best game of the last couple of years was DmC and that was developed by a developer arguably more despised than Capcom. :lol

Meia

Dropping the Vita (though understandable) certainly rustled my jimmies. That said, they're sitting on some great IPs so they aren't dead to me yet.

One by one they're whittling those away too.

RE? Nope.

DR3? Lot of spin, on wait and see status now, should have been a sure thing.

LP? lawl.

AA? Great we're seeing a new one, digital doesn't fill me with hope we'll ever get any more.

MH? Haven't they kind of made some awful decisions as the games have gone on?

Megaman? Celebrated with a fan game and nothing else. Nintendo officially did more.

Devil May Cry? Ummmmm....

They do have that like one fighting game though, so bully for them.

It just seems that Capcom is killing more franchises than they're keeping around now. That can't be a healthy thing, can it?

Recall

I loved Street Fighter 4 and all its incarnations (costumes aside) and Dragons Dogma and its updated version Dark Arisen. Yeah it's shit about BoF6 but we were never going to get a full fledged new Breath of Fire game anyway :(

rvy

Banned
Well, yeah. There's not much left for them to do other than let Spark handle RE7, Slantsix make a Mega-Man reboot and announce Street Fighter V by Ninja Theory.

I think DD 2 is gonna be outsourced to Double Helix too. Hopefully the new Monster Hunter by Airtight Games is good.

Pretty much this. Their lack of Vita support is more than a little annoying and is grounds to ignore their output, but they are also sitting on some fantastic IP and as much as I protest about their lack of Vita support, I'll be there day one when they release a new Dragon's Dogma, Dead Rising, Asura's Wrath or a new Resident Evil in the same style as Revelations.

I began this gen with so much hype/enthusiasm with titles like RE5, DMC4, even LP2 to an extent when they were revealed....what happened to PS2/GC era Capcom?

They just don't have anything in the works that appeals to me, and recent offerings have also been of no interest.

They're certainly in the toilet, but they haven't pulled the flush yet. SF5 is a long way off though.

News Bot

Banned
I can only continue to buy their games in the hope that sooner or later things will get better.

It is masochism at its best.

I can't relate to that. Sure their on-disc DLC was a crap move. What they did with RE6 was a crap move. But they gave me Lost Planet, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Dragon's Dogma and they do very good PC ports. They're actually one of my favourite developers.

QuiteUndead

Neo Member
Well, yeah. There's not much left for them to do other than let Spark handle RE7, Slantsix make a Mega-Man reboot and announce Street Fighter V by Ninja Theory.

I think DD 2 is gonna be outsourced to Double Helix too. Hopefully the new Monster Hunter by Airtight Games is good.

I feel kinda sick after reading this.lol

V_Arnold

That delicious corporate loyalty that Capcom adores.

That delicious need to think in extremes.

Things are complex. Corporations are even more complex.
I adore people that do not punish certain teams over capcom for other mistakes that different capcom branches make.

If Capcom makes a shitty tablet mmo of BoF6, then I will respond to that not by boycotting the awesomeness that is going to be USFIV, but simply I wont buy BoF6. Or even write an email to them, complaining about THAt decision. Maybe even praise USFIV/SFIV/UMVC3 on the way.

Add no SF V for next gen consoles to the list.

With their output in last 2 years i wouldn't even care if they went iOS exclusive

Dio

Banned
I feel kinda sick after reading this.lol

MeGaMan - now starring a disaffected youth struggling with his sexuality and wields guns he picks up off of the dead kingpins he kills - and he kills them because they murdered his family. 30fps, Unreal Engine, Skrillex and Combichrist soundtrack.

Don't forget outsourcing Lost Planet 3 to a Western dev with a terrible track record and sending it out to die with no advertising whatsoever.

Dingofist, is that you? From Dynamite Glove?

Capcom has been pretty "eh" this generation. They did some amazing work, along with some facepalm-inducing bullshit as well. I honestly don't see how they're going to handle the extra costs that will come next gen with such a haphazard output.

Steroyd

They're not dead to me either, but that what I bolded is exactly why they're ticking me off.

Top Bottom