• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A PS1 game has appeared in the Vita European Store.

Chesskid1

Banned
RE2kd.jpg

mWcWK.jpg

B8qxz.jpg

SNF2H.jpg

hBztz.jpg

saw this was posted in the PS vita thread

doesn't seem to work atm so most likely a glitch but something has to be happening in the background. release soon, please!

error code C1-2749-2 when trying to run the game, file corrupt when trying to view the manual.

source and a lil more info: http://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/ssalg/ps1_game_on_eu_psn_store_vita_errors/

Whoa I came to be snarky but when I saw it downloaded and installed AND there's already a PS1 classic background picture for it when you are on the Live Area Screen. This is...arousing.

Finally I can finish that whore of a game UmJammer Lammy. Fucking broken fucking game. Fuck you lammy. Fuck you. Oh yeah um PS1 games whoooooooo

sajj316

This is good news. Hopefully the announcement will be soon and I can finally buy a Vita. I have tons of PSOne games from PS+ and my own purchases.

Either it was a mistake, seems unlikely that the Vita would even show it, or there's an incoming firmware update that will enable it.

Hopefully all this tame it took they were working on improving the emulator to allow for a native resolution increase.

Chesskid1

Banned
Either it was a mistake, seems unlikely that the Vita would even show it, or there's an incoming firmware update that will enable it.

yeah i was thinkin since they put it up, even if it was a mistake, we're going to see a firmware update with ps1 support real soon since they are configuring everything i guess, which is why i thought it was threadworthy.

jiggles

Banned
For £3.99, I decided to confirm that this is legit and poke around a bit. The thing boots into the PSP emulator, which would initially suggest it's just mislabelled or something, but the custom Live Area background confirms the support is coming.

I tried to pull up the parental controls and size for it, but it just gives a blank screen.

2012-04-26-0116576ojy1.jpg

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
it's like they knew it would be leaked onto the store so they chose a game no one would want to buy

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
*pats 128gig of Vita storage*

come to daddy (with filters and enhancements a la ePSXe please)

klee123

I still don't understand why Sony is having trouble with PSone games on the Vita. I mean, this should have been included day 1.

jiggles

Banned
The only other thing I could really do is look at the error logs and see if it gave any more info.

2012-04-26-0128359rr64.jpg

Nope. Oh well.

Minions

I still don't understand why Sony is having trouble with PSone games on the Vita. I mean, this should have been included day 1.

You don't see how testing compatibility of every psone game could take time? Let alone writing a hopefully better emulator than the one that runs on the Xperia play.

Omikaru

I imagine they just ported the PSone emulator from PS3 over, but now it's the matter of testing it out. They're probably testing it with every game from every region currently available to make sure there's no unexpected surprises.

I guess they had to test every PSP game too, and that seemed to be the number one priority for launch.

Shiloa

While PS1 games are no doubt coming to Vita, this is probably just a mis-categorisation (is that a word?) from the SCEE peeps.

Chris R

I'm certainly glad I managed to get that 32GB card for $40 from that pricing mistake a while back now.

I'm kinda bummed I missed out on that deal. I current just have the 4GB card that Amazon gave me for free. Might just get a 8GB card to hold me over until cheaper 32GB cards come out (if they ever do).

with this appearing they must have folders as well right?

i can imagine Ps1 games could fill most of those pages , especially given (by the pic) that it installs like the other stuff.

Zee-Row

Banned
Its probably taking long because the Vita is new hardware and the games all have their own unique emulator for 100% compatibility. If they used a universal emulator a few games would probably run like crap.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
They also have to work on getting all the Minis working on the Vita. It's so frustrating getting so many of them from PS+ and almost none of them working on the Vita.

Venfayth

Once PS1 games are playable on my Vita, it will return to being the work-destroying time-consuming beast that it was when I was playing P3P.

Top Bottom