• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

P.T. has been datamined (hidden enemies revealed)

KyleCross

Xentax forums user luxox18 (who had also cracked previous games in the past, including Naughty Dogs games on PS3) has managed to finally break into a PS4 game, the game in question of course being P.T.

This has given access to all the games files, including models, textures and sound. So beyond giving access to the likes of Lisa, Norman's model, the Fetus and of course the Hallway, we also have gotten a look at a few models that weren't actually in the game (to us, anyways). Users over on the Facepunch forums are currently compiling the models and porting them over to Source, and others have already moded them into MGSV: The Phantom Pain.

k4bInLZ.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeadQvDTOiI

https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1463516

This is of course super interesting for fans of P.T. but it also has me wondering if this means ALL PS4 titles can be datamined now.

Turn me around and snap my neck if old, search turned up nothing.

Xentax forums user luxox18 (who had also cracked previous games in the past, including Naughty Dogs games on PS3) has managed to finally break into a PS4 game, the game in question of course being P.T.

This has given access to all the games files, including models, textures and sound. So beyond giving access to the likes of Lisa, Norman's model, the Fetus and of course the Hallway, we also have gotten a look at a few models that weren't actually in the game (to us, anyways). Users over on the Facepunch forums are currently compiling the models and porting them over to Source, and others have already moded them into MGSV: The Phantom Pain.

Lisa in the Rain coming soon.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
That's a weird way it came about, but very interesting. The monster with one leg reminds me a lot of a monster I have seen before, might be one of Del Toro's films but don't remember off the top.

Also the MGS rain dance video with the P.T. ghost amuses me greatly.

I Was thinking about data mining and how it wasn't a thing on PS4 the other day. I had imagined PT was one they'd like to get into.
Maybe the RE7 demo pre patch would've been interesting too

Link_enfant

I'm curious to know if we can finally determine how the hell the last puzzle works, why the lights sometimes turn red/blue/yellow and many other mysterious things.

KyleCross

LOL. For whatever reason, I'm reminded of when Sadako from The Ring and Kayako from The Grudge had a first throw/hit at a baseball game.

First I've heard of this lol.
I'm curious to know if we can finally determine how the hell the last puzzle works, why the lights sometimes turn red/blue/yellow and many other mysterious things.
I think that details going directly into the code and figuring out how to read it, which I imagine is a whole other ball game compared to extracting assets. I could be completely wrong tho, I don't really know how this stuff works.

liquidtmd

Banned
It's really overrated, IMO.

It was a free demo that came out entirely as a surprise that was excellent as an experience and even better to have been there and felt part of a movement to try and solve it

It deserves celebration, with Konami only cementing its status with Silent Hills cancellation and P.Ts store removal.

Spinky

Jesus CHRIST, I would do anything to make Silent Hills happen.

I already get depressed about it on a daily basis without shit like this popping up.

P.T. is one of my favourite games of all time. Just that alone had pretty much everything I've ever wanted in a horror game. And it may as well be considered a standalone game now.

-shadow-

This is amazing! I can't believe someone went through the trouble of changing those models with each other! :'D

That video, LMAO, I'm in tears.

But seriously, I can't wait to see what else gets datamined. That one legged monster is quite interesting, I wonder how they would have used it?

Spinky

Agree. Every time I see a post to the effect of "I want to change my PS4 but don't want to lose my beloved PT demo", my eyes practically roll out of their sockets.
It's funny, because I want to change my PS4 but don't want to lose my beloved PT demo.

KyleCross

It's funny, because I want to change my PS4 but don't want to lose my beloved PT demo.

I was able to back it up on a USB drive along with everything else when I moved from PS4 to PS4 Pro. So you definitely don't have anything to worry about. I hear it works the same way if you tether the two PS4s together with an ethernet cable if you don't have USB media.

Top Bottom