• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arc System Works planning a new fighting game series for PS4.

tumblr_luhebgxsmd1qfgbebo1_500.gif

Blaz Blue
Guilty Gear
Persona 4A

This studio deserves all my money.

Road

It's gonna be an all female cast, full of waifus with big boobs and whatnot.

Have to follow the money.

orioto

Good Art™
It's gonna be an all female cast, full of waifus with big boobs and whatnot.

Have to follow the money.

Yes this, a cosplay shitfest... :\
I wonder how will they use PS4 specs and ram anyway! Should be interesting.

Kinda sad - I really like Blazblue but new one might be just as good so let's wait and see.

Also reminds me the most important question - will PS3 madcatz TE and other sticks work on PS4 ?

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Kinda sad - I really like Blazblue but new one might be just as good so let's wait and see.

Also reminds me the most important question - will PS3 madcatz TE and other sticks work on PS4 ?

I would presume not since I believe existing Dualshock 3 controllers are confirmed to be incompatible with the PS4, but since those sticks use USB, maybe if Arc was inclined to manually add support for their games, they could hypothetically do? I probably wouldn't hold my breath for it, though.

OH HELL TO THE YES!

THE GORILLA PLATE STILL TURNS!
1080p sprites... lot of work.
Depends on how they do them.
This is good. They're not recycling the same IP over and over. The PS2 generation was all about Guilty Gear, the HD generation was mostly BlazBlue peppered with some Persona and now we'll get something new for this generation.

Good stuff, man!

Midou

More like Guilty Gear less like Blaz Blue please. Didn't find BB fun at all, something felt slow and clunky compared to GG. I used Slayer and Chipp in GG, and I did not feel my playing style fit with any of the BB characters including in later releases...

I have not played P4A though.

Think I'll wait for the third version of the game

nah, maybe the fourth
I think we won't have to worry as much with this generation. Patching, size limits and content delivery will be MUCH smoother than anything this generation offered on consoles. Just about all fighting games will provide a streamlined delivery service similar to that of the SFIV series at worst and that is a pretty damn good baseline.
More like Guilty Gear less like Blaz Blue please. Didn't find BB fun at all, something felt slow and clunky compared to GG. I used Slayer and Chipp in GG, and I did not feel my playing style fit with any of the BB characters including in later releases...

I have not played P4A though.
They did drop the crazy hitstop so they probably aren't going back there for any new fighting series.

Pookmunki

Think I'll wait for the third version of the game

nah, maybe the fourth

Ding Ding.

My well of goodwill and day 1 for Arc is pretty dry after how Blazblue was handled. Half the iterations over the same span of time would have been fine, there was nothing that patches + DLC couldn't have added on their own.

The amount of exclusive support Japanese developers will show Sony this gen, is going to be fantastic.
This was a Japanese interview talking about Next Gen. Here in the West you can't even mention next gen and MS in the same sentence without MS' permission. I have no doubt in my mind that this will show up on the Nextbox in the US.

PC version is the real toss-up with this company...
You already know exactly how they're going to do them . . .
I know...
But man, if they actually went the LZ route? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiit
I know!!!

*squeals like a schoolgirl at the imagery*

Takuya

Banned
They're more talking about hardware generations than "it's only for the PS4".

Seemed to me to be talking exclusively about PS4 in almost the entire article. Either way, Microsoft is pretty much dead in Japan, regardless if they launch their new console there or not.

Toski

Seemed to me to be talking exclusively about PS4 in almost the entire article. Either way, Microsoft is pretty much dead in Japan, regardless if they launch their new console there or not.

With Durango & PS4 being more similar than different, porting should be a breeze. I wouldn't be surprised if GGX3(thats probably what its going to be) gets a PC port and cross platform play.

This was a Japanese interview talking about Next Gen. Here in the West you can't even mention next gen and MS in the same sentence without MS' permission. I have no doubt in my mind that this will show up on the Nextbox in the US.

PC version is the real toss-up with this company...

I know...

I know!!!

*squeals like a schoolgirl at the imagery*

Isn't BB Chronophantasma PS3 exclusive.

Alos whats the LZ route?

Beckx

New ArcSys IP for PS4? Count me in.

I hope P4A showed them they don't have to do fan service in every game.

Stuart444

Will they finish off the Blazblue story before hand? That's all I care about before I can care about a new series from them.

Supposed to be another game after it. Forget where I read it but they have the story mapped out and it won't be finished in Chrono Phantasm unless that's changed since then. (Read this before the arcade release)

Cool :) My body is ready for any numer of BB games as long as they add new stories :D

AAK

As awesome as the artwork is, I'm really soured by the way they handled the releases of BB. Like what Degen said, I'll wait for the 3rd or 4th revision.

Will they finally add enough animation frames to be on par with 3S, or at least Garou?
The number of frames is not the problem. KOF does better with fewer than 1000 frames iirc. BB is 1000 on average with some characters maxing out at 1200.
Chrono Phantasm ?
The story won't end there. Phantasma will sorta be the climax of the story before it winds down.
ArcSys doesn't need to crowdfund.
It's not like they have a trouble with funds or anything...
Where did this come from?

TreIII

...Alright. Consider this one of the things that could actually get me interested in buying a PS4, whenever it materializes (likely late 2014/early 2015, knowing how arcade to console port timing is).

Top Bottom