• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon Days (Gorillaz) vinyl is finally being repressed after 12 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaidenZR

How do the monthly swaps work on this site? If you don't want the monthly free vinyl then you can choose from another pool of selections?

My brother had the OG pressing for this and my dad threw it out when we moved. Still upsets me to this day. It's a great record and quite rare..

Still not signing up for a subscription to get a record. Lame.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
How do the monthly swaps work on this site? If you don't want the monthly free vinyl then you can choose from another pool of selections?

yes, whatever is available in their VMP selection series. so past ROTM, Special Pressings and such.

I've been with the site for 2+ years now. They've definitely gotten better. also offering referrals ;)

wenis

Be warned, one month plans are sold out!

For some reason, VMP has sold out of their allocations for one month plans, so the only way to get the album now is to buy the multiple month passes!

well they only pressed what they could. so they pressed for all current members and then allotted another batch for all on-boarding members and separated that batch into the Monthly/Tri-Monthly/Yearly new subs. Then there are the incidental pressings reserved for damaged LP's since those do happen.

Pretty standard. They've definitely done this in the past.

RaidenZR

yes, whatever is available in their VMP selection series. so past ROTM, Special Pressings and such.

I've been with the site for 2+ years now. They've definitely gotten better. also offering referrals ;)

I signed up for a three-month to sample it. How frequently does the pool of swaps refresh or change?

Tesser

...its been 12 years.....oh my god...

...and coming up to 11 years for the live performance they made into a DVD (which I still have somewhere) - one of my favourite live recordings of an album/artist next to Daft Punk's Alive 2007. Some of the renditions of Demon Days' tracks are sublime.

well they only pressed what they could. so they pressed for all current members and then allotted another batch for all on-boarding members and separated that batch into the Monthly/Tri-Monthly/Yearly new subs. Then there are the incidental pressings reserved for damaged LP's since those do happen.

Aaah, I thought they hadn't pressed them yet. I figured this was like a glorified pre-order scheme where they'd print them after they'd tallied the orders. I also apparently have no idea how long vinyl manufacturing makes.

Work has fucked me, since i can't commit to a 3-month plan until at least the end of the week. I am beyond fucking sad : (

wenis

I signed up for a three-month to sample it. How frequently does the pool of swaps refresh or change?

Well ROTM are every month, so you have a pretty large pool to pick from as a new member, tho plenty are sold out. Then they do monthly special edition pressings and those can be as few as 4 a month to as many as 7 a month. Those are usually limited colors, limited pressing numbers or special packaging. Again these all depend on how many were available initially and how many will still be when the store opens for members.

they recently introduced a rule that members get 1 per album on all their orders. they struggled for a minute with flippers that would order 5 of the same limited record and flip for triple the price on ebay/discogs.

Aaah, I thought they hadn't pressed them yet. I figured this was like a glorified pre-order scheme where they'd print them after they'd tallied the orders. I also apparently have no idea how long vinyl manufacturing makes.

Yea, this would have been in the works for months now. Especially if the album is going through a complete remastering process as well as being a half speed master. Those details really take time to work on and then the physical pressing of the record takes time. Not the process necessarily, but the machines are so overloaded with demand and they only have a small pool of pressing manufacturers to look to do these special jobs.

but the world totally needed another pressing of Herb Alperts - Whipped Cream and Other Delights on white vinyl.

NMFried

This is literally the last of my holy grail records I need. Oh man.
Thanks for the referral, guys!

Now, are they all out of one month subs?

pablito

Work has fucked me, since i can't commit to a 3-month plan until at least the end of the week. I am beyond fucking sad : (

Told my best friend about this and his work blocked the website and he wasn't able to sign up for the 1 month. He can't justify doing the 3 month :|

wenis

They don't charge your card till April 2nd is what someone here was saying.

That is correct.

Side Note:

These are also all the records in the store that I believe are eligible for the ROTM flip for all of you taking the shot at the 3 months sub.

7oM7Bifl.png

dhkhXg8l.png

FdR2mRcl.png

JsspvIXl.png

FMJB5hsl.png

pwYiWs5l.png

Lx11I6jl.png

CRS

anyways to know what the stock situation is like? i kinda only want DD

staff might reply if they're asked and the info might already be out there but your best chance to get the Demon Days repress is to get the 3 month sub (if you haven't already). Waiting for it to hit the store will set you up in failure.

All I want to know from this repress is if they used the same CD master for the original LP.

wenis

anyways to know what the stock situation is like? i kinda only want DD

no idea on demon days. the site runners usually don't release the numbers till after shipments have happened. I'd be willing to bet we're looking at <5,000 but >10,000

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
no idea on demon days. the site runners usually don't release the numbers till after shipments have happened. I'd be willing to bet we're looking at <5,000 but >10,000

staff might reply if they're asked and the info might already be out there but your best chance to get the Demon Days repress is to get the 3 month sub (if you haven't already). Waiting for it to hit the store will set you up in failure.

All I want to know from this repress is if they used the same CD master for the original LP.
i got the 3 month pass. i am just wondering what'l happen if they run out

wenis

oh they won't run out. they're closely watching the new sub numbers against their stock. that's why they shut down the one month memberships. they'll do the same to the 3 and yearly when they meet their numbers.

-GJ-

They remastered it for this release. And according to the podcast on the Demon Days page this release has been in the works for years. So I'm pretty confident we're getting a great sounding record.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
oh they won't run out. they're closely watching the new sub numbers against their stock. that's why they shut down the one month memberships. they'll do the same to the 3 and yearly when they meet their numbers.

ok thats all i wanted to know. thanks for the info. i guess ill just wait now.

CRS

Would love a referral code if someone would be so kind.

I'll take a referral if someone has one.

Quote this to see my referral.

Oh, they'll run out but you'll get yours. When you sign up for the sub, you automatically reserve your own copy. That's why they stopped selling the 1 Month plans since they sold the amount they had reserved for the 1 month plans.

They remastered it for this release. And according to the podcast on the Demon Days page this release has been in the works for years. So I'm pretty confident we're getting a great sounding record.
This is cool. I still have my original copy but I'm still getting this since it's my favorite album.

Been looking for a reason to get into vinyl.

I'm down for a referral if anyone has one. Thanks.

Edit: Thanks to wenis, Crayons & NMFried.

-GJ- had the quickest draw, however.

-GJ-

Been looking for a reason to get into vinyl.

I'm down for a referral if anyone has one. Thanks.

Edit: Thanks to wenis, Crayons & NMFried.

-GJ- had the quickest draw, however.
Take one of the other guys' links if you want :). Other people in this thread already used mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom