• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team 17 announces Worms Revolution (PC, consoles - 2D gameplay) + teaser

Team 17 announces Worms Revolution

Team 17 is very proud to announce the return of earthworm warriors for a new title drawing from the original game released in 1995 but which will also surprise us with lots of new things. We unfortunately don't know more than that but this first teaser allows us to see that the 2D, turn-based gameplay was not too rushed. Worms Revolution is announced on PC and "consoles" without further details.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7miws0VhEs
Source: http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/2012/00057466-team-17-annonce-worms-revolution.htm

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just make Worms Armageddon HD already. Bloody hell. Even Acti is making THPS 1.5 HD after abusing the franchise for years on end.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
back in the day the one thing I really wanted from worms was hats. you could write names for your team and all your worms, you could change the voices - even record your own .wav files and use those, but you could never modify the worms' appearance. this is the final frontier team17.

give me hats.

I will give you money for hats.

Sentenza

How many times are they going to release the same game over and over?
Isn't that like Worms Reloaded, which was like Armageddon, which was like World Party, Which was like Worms 2?

Basically seems like what a Worms 3 should be. Side-view polygonal with more modern effects and simulation, like fluids and 2D pixel-like (voxel?) collision and deformation and such.

ZAK

A "new" worms game. Is such a thing even possible? Just make Armageddon easier to play on modern machines, try and raise some awareness of it, and bam, a good deed has been done. Maybe some money's been made, too.

OMG Aero

Hey Team 17 it would be pretty awesome if you stopped releasing Worms over and over and went back to Superfrog.
back in the day the one thing I really wanted from worms was hats. you could write names for your team and all your worms, you could change the voices - even record your own .wav files and use those, but you could never modify the worms' appearance. this is the final frontier team17.

give me hats.

I will give you money for hats.
They've already had Worms with hats.

just give us Worms: The Last One

all landscapes, worm types, missions, voices, weapons, and shit. make it play online and cross platform.

oh.....give me Vita version please.

How many times are they going to release the same game over and over?
Isn't that like Worms Reloaded, which was like Armageddon, which was like World Party, Which was like Worms 2?

Yep all worms games are the same. I spent a good hour a few months back thinking how you change worms to make it interesting again and came up with nothing. So they might as well just keep doing the same thing over and ever until people stop buying it.

V_Ben

Banned
TEAM 17 TO MAKE THE SAME FUCKING THING AGAIN CONFIRMED. ROLL NEWSREEL.

Jesus christ, another worms game. The udders surely have dried up by now.

Danielsan

How is it that after 13 fucking years we still haven't had a better Worms game than the PC version of Armageddon?
Also Team17, please stop endlessly making Worms.

abracadaver

There isnt a proper worms on consoles yet. Armageddon is missing many weapons from the old pc games. Also the multiplayer is limited to 8 worms max.

Chuckpebble

Ha, the preview for the thread title cut off right after Worms, I made a little bet with myself about which cliche video game subtitle it would use, and surprisingly, I won.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
they finally made the rope like Armageddon?

Did anybody else here play Worms 4? The camera when using the Ninja Rope is so utterly broken that the utility is literally impossible to use. I actually don't mind the game, broken NR notwithstanding, but it's painfully obvious that Team17 rushed it out for a few quick bucks. (From what I gathered, Worms 3D is even worse.)

Sentenza

Team 17 used to be a studio filled with talented and creative people.

Now they are a shovelware one-trick pony.
Like Rovio, but with much less money and recognition.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
On the one hand I am most definitely tired of these constant lame ass Worms rehashes.

On the other hand, concrete donkey.

concretedonkeyi6lsl.png

Haunted

How often can you remake the same game?

Fluid dynamics could change the formula up some (think of the arena as an underground cave, poking holes in walls to let lava through etc), but just using water bombs (you can catch a glimpse in the footage) doesn't seem particularly inspired or deep reaching.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I loved the first two games but seriously.. all I'm waiting for is "Worms: A Trillion Worms - It's Time to Worm it Up!"

Worms World Party for pc is still the ultimate worms game for me i just can't put my finger on it...I spent hundreds of hours on perfecting the ninja rope alone It was bliss

Nabs

Worms World Party for pc is still the ultimate worms game for me i just can't put my finger on it...I spent hundreds of hours on perfecting the ninja rope alone It was bliss

Armageddon for me. It took way too long for WWP to come out. I lost interest by release. :(

It's a shame they decided to kill the ninja rope.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Team17 has done other things, all weren't as succesful as Worms tho and thus never noticed

A "new" worms game. Is such a thing even possible? Just make Armageddon easier to play on modern machines, try and raise some awareness of it, and bam, a good deed has been done. Maybe some money's been made, too.

Doesn't the most recent patch for WA solve a lot of problems with running it on modern systems?

gogojira

I'd say Team 17 should work with a new IP, but given their track record, that's like opening a whole new can of worms.

Haunted

This is what mobygames has listed by Team17 this generation (since 2006).

Code:
Worms Reloaded: Forts Pack	
Worms Reloaded: Time Attack Pack	
Worms Reloaded: Retro Pack	
Worms Reloaded: Puzzle Pack	
Alien Breed Trilogy
Alien Breed 3: Descent
Alien Breed 2: Assault	
Worms Reloaded
Alien Breed: Evolution - Episode 1
Worms 2: Armageddon
Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust
Worms: A Space Oddity
Worms: Open Warfare 2
Worms
Lemmings
Worms Double Pack
Worms: Open Warfare
Lemmings

I usually dislike using Mobygames, so if anyone has a better list, feel free.

Top Bottom