• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends: Leaked Wii-U Trailer

Not enough actual platforming featured for my tastes. Hopefully it's just the trailer and the level design will be along the same lines as Rayman Origins. I'm 50/50 on the visual changes. The characters and animation looks pretty similar, sans the shading. The backgrounds look a bit lazier though.

As for the Skylander-ish stuff, I just hope I don't have to buy a bunch of useless figurines to fully enjoy the game. I could take or leave the touch screen stuff as well.

At any rate, more side scrollers is never a bad thing. Here's hoping the game reaches the same heights as Origins.

luffeN

There is going to be only one pad controller in the box, so that's all you're going to see in trailers from third parties irrespective of whether the system supports more or not.
Yeah, I know, but that does not automatically include only one pad support, as you said. It is a little more than a month now to E3, we need to protect the little sanity that's left xD

As for the Skylander-ish stuff, I just hope I don't have to buy a bunch of useless figurines to fully enjoy the game. I could take or leave the touch screen stuff as well.
I think that all upcoming special editions of Ubisoft games will include some items with NFC and you can probably also buy stuff from the Ubi shop. Hopefully it will not limit the full enjoyment of the game.

AniHawk

oh...ok. Just another one of those superfluous gimmicks that Nintendo loves to add then. Thanks

Man, I really can't wait for this game now. I hope Wii U is backward compatible... so that I can play Xenoblade on it too at launch. Rayman Legends + Xenoblade would make a good time if I have to suffer launch window blues.

Edit 2: Still only one tablet + other controllers. Did Nintendo fix the only one tablet works per system thing or not?

you should be stuck on xenoblade right through christmas. it's been a very very long time since i've played the same game for more than three weeks without seeing the ending. like, i'm 70 hours in and endgame's probably another 20-30 hours away.

There is going to be only one pad controller in the box, so that's all you're going to see in trailers from third parties irrespective of whether the system supports more or not.

There was also just one Wii Remote and Nunchuck in the Box of the Wii and yet Red Steel advertised 4 player play.

I guess the reason that they don't show more than one tablet is pretty much because they are only using one tablet for this game at any given time.

Amir0x

Banned
you should be stuck on xenoblade right through christmas. it's been a very very long time since i've played the same game for more than three weeks without seeing the ending. like, i'm 70 hours in and endgame's probably another 20-30 hours away.

Do we know if Wii U is backward compatible yet? Nintendo had to announce Xenoblade right after I sold my Wii, so I'm anxious to play it...

guek

Banned
But why make a trailer with dev kit controllers? That's odd. I mean, fake that they're wireless if nothing else...

It could be an internally circulated trailer they made with the intention of reshooting those scenes for when they actually debuted the game

Game-Biz

Edit 2: Still only one tablet + other controllers. Did Nintendo fix the only one tablet works per system thing or not?
They haven't commented on it since E3. But my guess is that it will technically be able to do so, but most devs wont bother to incorporate it any kind of meaningful manner since the bulk of Wii U owners aren't going to front the cash (I'd guess $70+ easily) to buy an extra one.

Which means, don't throw out your wiimotes, cause your going to need them to play multiplayer. Shortsighted you say? Well, Nintendo doesn't give a fuck:p

Teknoman

I never understood why the face buttons are UNDER the second analog. Looks extremely uncomfortable. Not in Rayman though because of the 2D nature of it, but for 3D games.

Now that you mention it...i'm not sure how you would play 3D games with that style of analog placement either.

But why make a trailer with dev kit controllers? That's odd. I mean, fake that they're wireless if nothing else...

Because that's all they have? They won't have final controllers yet, they certainly won't have final console hardware (so no shots of that in the video) so they'll use what they have.

antonz

1 padlet or more we really dont have any true confirmation support wise.

That said it seems like gimmick being assigned to the padlet player would be complicated by more than 1 padlet user.

guek

Banned
Do we know if Wii U is backward compatible yet? Nintendo had to announce Xenoblade right after I sold my Wii, so I'm anxious to play it...

yeah totally backwards compatible but it doesn't upscale wii games or improve them visually in any way

Rich!

It could be an internally circulated trailer they made with the intention of reshooting those scenes for when they actually debuted the game

Either that or it's unfinished.

They can EASILY erase out the cable in after effects or something similar.

amqqbj.gif

jimi_dini

Yes, it's 100% hardware backward compatible to Wii. Gamecube not included (probably because of the Gamecube-discs).

AniHawk

It's mandatory for Nintendo's platforms, you know that. They have to add as much crap gimmicks to their consoles as possible to get the non-gamers interested. I'll just ignore it. At least it's not Kinect, since the controller is preeetty traditional. Glad also to see it's traditional controller oriented and not wiimote oriented

you can probably get through the game just using a sideways wii remote like a normal person. this game is going to be on the ps360 too. unless they make you use kinect and move with the game on those machines, the level design should be standard platforming across all three versions.

Luigiv

Yes it is. Don't expect any image enhancements though, beyond a cleaner image due to HDMI cables.

guek

Banned
you can probably get through the game just using a sideways wii remote like a normal person. this game is going to be on the ps360 too. unless they make you use kinect and move with the game on those machines, the level design should be standard platforming across all three versions.

I'm anticipating CCP support cuz why not, right?

Now that you mention it...i'm not sure how you would play 3D games with that style of analog placement either.

That way the entire point of using a tablet doesn't interest me anymore if the actual control of the game is uncomfortable. If I have to play most games with my classic controller anyway I'm out and just buying the Nintendo 1st party titles.

Wow I never even realized that. That does look uncomfortable.

LOL did this NEVER come up in the Wii-U threads or were people just blinded by excitement? :D

udivision

Wow, that looked pretty cool although I guess it doesn't differ too much from Rayman O.

As a side note:
I would buy 151 Pokemon Figurines if that meant I that allowed me to use Pokemon with special movesets/abilities/stats in the inevitable Pokemon Stadium Wii U.

Cyport

Amazing.

Funny how one trailer leak can give us much more. I wonder if this will be coming on Vita. I really enjoyed Origins and it was the best replacement for my iPhone on train journeys and such. The social games look fun and I hope they are cross-platform.

Wii U looks interesting can't wait to see more but I've told myself to wait out this time (final price depending)

I LOVE RAYMAN

Feep

Banned
I'm sure someone has said this, but why the hell does the trailer have a song from How to Train Your Dragon's soundtrack? o_O

Edit: And BttF?

Top Bottom