• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita 3000 trademarked?

https://twitter.com/trademark_bot/status/590044236822753281
KLqSpdB.png

Looks like Vita 3000 got trademarked in japan. It seems to come with a HDMI port this time.

Kouriozan

Please update PS TV compatibilty, games compatible in Japan only is really insulting.
I need my definite Disgaea 3 experience on my TV.

jurec84

Unconfirmed Member
Vita means life!
In japanese ;)

Seriously though, the Vita is on a roll over in Japan, so it's not surprising to see a new version.

I usually don't bother with upgrading to new versions of consoles but I'd probably have to if they switched to using regular micro sd cards instead or their usual ones unless they really dropped the price on them.

Tizoc

What about trademarking some new games ?

Fuck's sake can we stop with this idiotic joke/meme already?
There's even a thread that lists 50+ games releasing this year alone on the Vita.
...and don't give me the indie excuse; those same indies would release on 3DS and NO ONE on GAF would complain about it.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
HDMI out would be a nice addition if there's anything to this

what they really need for a potential new model is mSD support and redesigned shoulder buttons though

Thoraxes

If they brought back the OLED I would definitely buy this.

Where is the HDMI? Only see the charging port

Bottom center. At least it looks bigger than the mini USB.
Fuck's sake can we stop with this idiotic joke/meme already?
There's even a thread that lists 50+ games releasing this year alone on the Vita.
...and don't give me the indie excuse; those same indies would release on 3DS and NO ONE on GAF would complain about it.

No one would complain about it because nobody would know they existed because they'd be too busy playing the games that are released.

WITHE1982

HDMI, Micro SD and L2+R2 and you've got yourself a sale Sony. Otherwise meh I'll just stick with my OLED.

Shoulder buttons on top and bottom?

That's what I though. Just picking up my Vita now and I can see how having L2 and R2 there could work. Clicking them with your ring fingers.

DrunkDan

Give me l2/r2 and the l3/r3 buttons so I can remote play properly and I'm in.

Market it as a PS4 remote play accessory and make it reasonably priced and you might even sway a few more people too.

Skyzard

Banned
Shoulder buttons on top and bottom?

Looks that way to me.

There's also some port on the left side - maybe that's the HDMI port people are referring to.

Personally hoping for an additional memory card slot but I'd guess it's HDMI.

--Actually, it doesn't look like triggers, it looks like the hollowed-out part of the case that there is currently near the top and bottom on the edges - but larger. Maybe to hold onto (somewhere to place your other fingers).

---actually! It does look like triggers on top, the same (or possibly increased) hollowed out space on the bottom.

R2/L2 + hdmi. I assume it's still LCD due to the screen overlay.

*looks at the top view*

Aww theres no l2&r2 triggers..

*looks at the sides*

OMG... are those..?!

also whats that square thing on the left side?

could they be a slot for sd memory sticks?!
don't see anything like that on the 2k (from images off google)

oh lawd, I don't want to jump ahead of myself, but I need this...

NewDust

This is most definitly not a vita 3000. Everything is the same from the vita 1000 3g edition (sim slot, unused ext. Port) except the start, select and ps button are round like a vita 2000.

Edit: what some people believe to be l2/r2 buttons in the side views is just a bit of extended bodywork for the camera. Sorry.

Waveset

HDMI out and pairing with DS4 would tempt me into replacing my 1000 for Remote Play.

Not so fussed about memory cards - my 16GB holds enough games to keep me busy.

Top Bottom