• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Assassin's Creed Empire details?

dex3108

After that nudle mission in WD2, I have to agree, though they did seem shy on diversity issues at first. I hope the former slave is expounded on, and what that means for that era, since it could easily get muddy. I really don't know how I'll feel if they go civil rights preachy.

They already tackled slavery with ACIV and especially ACIV Freedom Cry.

Ampsicora

I know it's a debated topic, and exactly because we will possibly never know for sure, I wouldn't see it as a problem if they went for a character reflecting a "modern" Egyptian.

I still don't get it why it's problematic. Considering North Africa had and have even today large variety of skin colours, how some people can think Ancient Egypt could be only rapresented with one skin colour? I mean, it's pretty obvious that there were black and mediterranean egyptians even back then, and that's because the nile was populated from north to south. Probably Ancient Egypt was a better multiethnic civilization than United States will never be.

EDIT: ok, maybe the last part was a little bit an hyperbole, sorry for that

atr0cious

Remember we're talking about the same series that had you murdering slave owners with the same machetes used to chop sugar cane and the same whips used to whip slaves.
I know, this is a different era, some I'm wondering what they will do to differentiate. Not just blacks were slaves back then.

dr_rus

- The world is over three times larger than that of Assassin's Creed: Black Flag.
So what means of fast travel are they planning to implement into the game to make this work?

Seriously, enough with the map sizes. As someone who've spent most of the weekend fucking driving from one side of Mafia 3 map to the other side I honestly can't fathom anymore why game marketeers think that "world size" should always be bigger than in previous game(s).

Free running in a desert sounds boooooring.

Nah. Imagine a vast wasteland with tombs and spots of treasure found inside. Some of the best loot, but the greatest danger. Will you have enough water to make it to the next oasis?

Potential. Will Ubisoft capitalize? Find out next time on, Streamline My AAA Game!

BigEmil

This is the closest next-gen Prince of Persia i will get from Ubisoft.

Will buy this day 1 and not buy any other Assassin Creed games this whole gen they're all too samey and released too quickly before like annually

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Why do open world developers always focus on the "size of the world"?

You can still have a really good open world game on a small map that has a lot of variety and better stuff to do.

atr0cious

This is the closest next-gen Prince of Persia i will get from Ubisoft.

Will buy this day 1 and not buy any other Assassin Creed games this whole gen they're all too samey and released too quickly before like annually

If this is anywhere near true as far as level design and they drop the for honor combat system in there, I'm right there with you.

MUnited83

For you.
Black Flag and Egypt? Pls have ship fighting
a0bb96d39185e0f09262ddf95c8bac1f.jpg

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
- The next game will be a sort of prequel for the franchise.

I hope this means that they're going to leave behind the current modern day story since it hasn't gone anywhere in the last couple of games. At this point I wish I could hit a button to skip those when they come up.

Everything there sounds fantastic, except I hope Ubisoft kept in mind ancient egypt was a very lush and vibrant setting. More jungle greens and waters, not just brown and rock/sand deserts.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

You can still have a really good open world game on a small map that has a lot of variety and better stuff to do.

It's a statement that means a lot or nothing depending on who says it.

If Rockstar says, "GTV6 will have map 2 times the size of GTAV", I'd be REALLY excited because they put in an insane amount of detail to every inch of their maps, and now spread across 2 times the size map, would be awesome.

If Ubisoft says it, though, it doesn't mean much. Watchdogs 2 had a pretty small map and it still felt pretty dead, so a map being soooo much bigger in their next games means nothing, it'll just be as dead as all their other open world games.

AGITΩ

I only hope they bring back a desmond like character, last game hinted on his son, heres hoping for a return to form on the overarching story.

dcx4610

I really hope they get back to the Ancient Aliens vibe with lots of puzzles that has been missing from the series lately. A prequel set in Egypt seems like a perfect setting.

jdstorm

Banned
The whole fun of Black Flag was the sea and your ship, upgrading it, taking other ships and forts, etc. What are they going to fill a desert with? How will you get around? I'm not that encouraged by this news tbh.

Hopefully Pyrmaids(Tombs) to raid. Id love if the series returned to the puzzle tombs of AC2

Hopefully Pyrmaids(Tombs) to raid. Id love if the series returned to the puzzle tombs of AC2

This is what I am hoping for as well. The most fun I have had in this series were the tombs in AC2. This series was such a fresh evolution of Platformers last gen, but it's sort of tried to establish itself as "something different" but I feel it is worse off for it. Granted... I enjoyed the Murder Mystery puzzles that Unity introduced as a decent replacement, but I'd llike to also explore some puzzle riddled tombs as well. The idea of booby trapped sarcophagus' and the traps leading up to finding it as a new method of puzzle solving intrigues me.

TheRatedD

I can't wait to finally see this. Though, I worry we'll have to wait until E3. Typically when AC games got announced around March, they either got leaked, or had deals with the media for promotion like Game Informer covers.

Certinty

It sounds good. But after Syndicafe (which was amazing out of nowhere), I would have preferred something similar.

well, my interest will heavily depend on how ancient is that Egypt

Truth. I was really excited for FC Primal because I thought it would be 'dawn of mankind' sort of thing but there were still civilised encampments etc.

Not that I'm expecting such an ancient Egypt, but to actually capture the 'early civilization' mysticism would be amazing.

Come on Ubi, please break your cycle and give us a main line Assassin's Creed game with a solo female assassin, that's all I'm asking for.

Black Flag remains the best in the series, no shock it was the least relevant title in terms of the overall story of the series, which turned into shit many years ago

Hexa

Former Slave, access to royalty, incarcerated for murder, Jewish Protagonist, Perchant for Alternative history. We are getting Moses arent we.

I think that might be a bit too far, even for AC. Though I certainly won't complain if they do. :p

smik

Hopefully the story can be great again, ac1 to 3 was progressive and easy to follow. After that it wasnt about story anymore and became just fetch quest and sea battles.

Going back to the altair arc is a + on my book

sjay1994

Being the huge AC lore nerd that I am (despite it being massively shoehorned after they fired the franchise's creator after 2 launched, it's still got some interesting nuggets), there was a point after the cataclysmic event revealed in Revelations where those who came before lived with humans. They did this mainly to survive and rebuild... if this is ancient enough this shit could be awesome...

Better move that modern day story to completion, the franchise would benefit from it. Mainly, they built Minerva to be a massive villain but did jack shit with it.... I want to kill her.

You mean Juno?

There is stuff happening in the comics, but its some of the biggest fucking drek I've ever seen.

My only hope to make modern day even anything worth while is have Juno win, have a time skip so the modern day mirrors the past, and the reason for going back to the past is to find a way to kill her.

Because holy fucking shit the modern day has become the actual fucking worst.

sjay1994

Because size gives the illusion of more content, which translates to more bang for your buck to the average consumer.

When we see the scalding reception games recieve for being less than 10 hours for 60 dollars USD, its understandable why this trend exists and why linear games have almost been scraped from the AAA side.

Made by the black flag peeps??

Oh, I'm definitely in. Replaying the game for the 3rd time so I can finally take out every legendary ship, and still enthralled by the location, art design, ship combat and MC. Edward kenway is easily my favourite MC in the AC series.

RedSwirl

Speaking of black flag, is that game well optimised now ? Last time I played it, it ran like shit on my 1080.

Try turning off the in-game vsync. Vsync temporarily locks the game to 30 whenever the framerate stutters even a little bit.

Top Bottom