• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 official Floor Plans (Nintendo, Square Enix, Sega...)

Namomura

Posted ? pretty small compared to last year as expected... same size for all. Nintendo's booth has actually the size of the bathroom.

nintendoe3booth-thumb.jpg

forget it...

As if we needed any more reminder that getting an E3 invite doesn't actually mean much of anything:

TWENTY BY TWENTY.

Nintendo's booth < a studio apartment.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Hahaha, Sony Online Entertainment has a booth as big as Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Sega, uh, everyone actually.

Take-Two literally has a cubicle. As big as Atlus!

Vrolokus

Banned
Kobun Heat said:
As if we needed any more reminder that getting an E3 invite doesn't actually mean much of anything:

TWENTY BY TWENTY.

Nintendo's booth < a studio apartment.

I'm picturing a guy sitting behind one of those folding card tables, with a cardboard box full of brochures.

Acosta

Namomura said:
forget it...

Thanks to the gods...

Give me a room with the last portfolio of games and bring people I can interview. I don´t need more (good riddance to "booth girls", crowns of people, and the rest of bullshit of the E3).

However I think the hotels around will have their own spaces, so I figure Nintendo will reserve a bigger space in a hotel around the place.

Vrolokus

Banned
I'm glad I finally got to attend E3 for the first (and last) time last year... but honestly, I don't blame the game companies at all. What a madhouse that was. You could see how it was a waste of time, energy and cash.

The funny thing about this E3 is that despite being kind of dead, it's likely to offer more GAFertainment than any of the recent, full fledged E3s. Why? ****ing Killzone, man. It doesn't even matter what it looks like, it will still melt NeoGAF.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Mr_Furious said:
I believe the old style E3 will return after this year's failing ;)

...or every publisher will just separate and have their own small independent events

Edit: GAF is going crazy again

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
wtf, my high school science fair was bigger than this E3.

That's it... I'm not attending... out of protest.

Soul4ger

I expect to start seeing an immediate increase in quality of games, now that companies no longer have to worry about the cost and planning necessary for E3 in the past.

Totalriot

The pre-E3 press conferences of MS, Sony and Nintendo are still the same and they are the most important things of E3 anyway.

element

some of those aren't even as large as booths at GDC for say Nintendo or Sony. That is sad. The back booths are 5x5, which is insane. How can you even do business or show anything off in something that small.

grandjedi6 said:
...or every publisher will just separate and have their own small independent events

Edit: GAF is going crazy again
There's no way these "independent events" can generate the amount of hype and buzz on the global level that E3 did. Love or hate it but E3 was the largest, most successful industry show in the world. For whatever lame reasons this year's E3 is turning out the way that is will hopefully be worked out so that the old E3 can resurface next year at its normal time/place.

I freakin hate what's happened to E3

Game Journalists that think this is good? Screw you. We don't care you had to work like dogs for a couple days.

E3 was the greatest gaming holiday. And a great way to break up the lull that is the Gaming graveyard of May. Things have been so slow in news, game releases, etc.

At least in the past we had that but the buzz and anticipation of E3. Such great times

You guys quickly forget the hotel stuff...

For example, Nintendo is in two hotel "rooms" - a ballroom and a smaller "salon".

The first room is over 34x36 and 1224 square feet and holds around 100 people at anytime. The second room is 28x27 and is 756 square feet. With the 400 square feet turnkey, that's over 2400 square feet. I'm sure that's not altogether bigger than last E3's booth from Nintendo, but that's still a good deal of space.

Again, the Hanger is just a casual area which will have like 1 game of each at the major booths, and probably not even every game being shown. The Nintendo booth will probably be the same as the GDC 2007 booth.

arne

for a moment I thought I was on livejournal with all the drama and shattered dreams in here.

also wtf at the premature calls of how bad it will be. typical gaf overreaction.

Ponn

Banned
fallout said:
I still don't know why the people who stay at home care that much.

I don't. I rarely saw any floor coverage that showed anything of interest. All I cared about was the pre-events and announcements and trailers. No reason why we still shouldn't get those.

Now, if we don't thats a different matter...

Phthisis

TSA said:
You guys quickly forget the hotel stuff...

For example, Nintendo is in two hotel "rooms" - a ballroom and a smaller "salon".

The first room is over 34x36 and 1224 square feet and holds around 100 people at anytime.

The second room is 28x27 and is 756 square feet.

Again, the Hanger is just a casual area which will have like 1 game of each at the major booths, and probably not even every game being shown. The Nintendo booth will probably be the same as the GDC 2007 booth.

Here's what I don't understand: if the journalists wanted to do less work and the companies wanted to spend less money, what's the point of having three different sites for your entire showing? It forces people to shuttle around Santa Monica between hotels and Barker Hangar, using time they otherwise could be using to get work or interviews or impressions write-ups done. Makes no sense. Everything was pretty easy to locate when it was all centralized.

Acosta

gketter said:
I freakin hate what's happened to E3

Game Journalists that think this is good? Screw you. We don't care you had to work like dogs for a couple days.

E3 was the greatest gaming holiday. And a great way to break up the lull that is the Gaming graveyard of May. Things have been so slow in news, game releases, etc.

At least in the past we had that but the buzz and anticipation of E3. Such great times

Well, the feeling is the same at the opposite side. E3 shouldn´t be a theme park.

I have to "work like a dog" everyday, right now here I am, at 2AM writing non stop. Working is not a problem, the problem is not being able to work in a proper enviroment, which is a waste of effort and money for publishers and press.

I hope the format works and stand as it is. I still think that this is just a part of the full event. Most of the action will happen at hotels and big conferences around LA.

Owzers

Totalriot said:
The pre-E3 press conferences of MS, Sony and Nintendo are still the same and they are the most important things of E3 anyway.

Quoted for triple truth. And even if they aren' tthe most important part, they are my favorite. The rest of E3, after the conferences, always seemed overly busy without enough info.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Explains why Nintendo is also attending TGS this year, it'll be the biggest gaming conference from now on.

PS360 said:
I like how SCEA and SOE get their own spaces. Very tricky Sony.
You can never make enough space for Untold Legends.

Acosta said:
Well, the feeling is the same at the opposite side. E3 shouldn´t be a theme park.

I have to "work like a dog" everyday, right now here I am, at 2AM writing non stop. Working is not a problem, the problem is not being able to work in a proper enviroment, which is a waste of effort and money for publishers and press.

I hope the format works and stand as it is. I still think that this is just a part of the full event. Most of the action will happen at hotels and big conferences around LA.

yea i sort of regret posting the screw you part. I normally don't go on rants. But i hate what happened to E3. It just feels neutered

If it got too big, scale it back in people attending but man it was such a great 3 day gaming holiday in May that i always looked forward too and was lucky to attend twice. But i think instead of limitting the number they should make it last even longer and actually open it up to the real gamers and not make it just a "trade show"

Instead of 3 days the way it was, have the couple days with a very exclusive group of the major media folks and then have the next couple days opened up to the public as a convention. Sort of like the San Diego Comicon or TGS, etc. Sell tickets and let more fans of games go.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
would be nice if you're actually going since you dont have to deal with all the stupid people and see most of the stuff in the time you actually have.

if.

so the big 3 are still having their own conferences?

Top Bottom