• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders 3 (News soon?)

KiraXD

-MD-

Sure hope so, Darksiders 2 had a lot of problems but the combat system was fantastic. I'd love a 3rd and 4th Darksiders.

DieH@rd

Banned
So Joe Madureira posted some interesting things on his facebook

https://www.facebook.com/permalink....98360707&id=157043750975722&notif_t=notify_me

Does this mean it is in fact happening? who knows, but it sure sounds that way!

RaggedFlawlessDachshund.gif

This needs to happen. And it even does not have to be 3rd person action adventure. As long as it is not some F2P portable game bullshit, I will be happy.

Shaanyboi

Banned
i'm not remotely convinced that once it appears, it'll be in any form that people expect or want. Nordic doesn't exactly have a lot of money (or so I've been led to believe)...

ZiZ

I love the franchise. favorite new IP last gen. but does Nordic really have what it takes to make a good darksiders game?

Scrap errand boy death and his fetch quest-a-thon and lets get back to the awesome DS1 and War plz

I love the franchise. favorite new IP last gen. but does Nordic really have what it takes to make a good darksiders game?

From what ive palyed of Nordic's games, id have to say...no. I loved Painkiller HD and hell i even loved Necrovision, but theyre jank riddled B-tier games. And looking at their catalogue on their site, a ton of it is shovelware.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I'd love to see this coming to a next gen machine with a lovely updated graphics engine.

Tizoc

Oh I've been wanting to talk about Darksiders 3 actually. DS2 was released in 2012, with 1 being released in 2010 IIRC. Now that it's been 2 years since the 2nd game, we're due for a new one in 2015 at the latest.

Since we've already seen War and Death's characters, it's high time we played as Strife and Fury.

...and this being the 3rd game, I wouldn't be surprised if the events took place BEFORE DS1/is a prequel (come on MGS3 and DMC3 did it and those are celebrated as the best in their series). As such, I can see it starring Strife and showing how he
lost his guns that end up being used by War and Death

DieH@rd

Banned

They wont make it in-house [they are publisher-only joint], they need to find out studio that would be willing to make a game for them. I vote for French Dontnod Entertainment, they made a good-ish game with Remember Me, but they definitely need more work.

As for game itself, something like Guardian of Light would fit perfectly with Darksiders universe. Coop action across earth/other realms.

KiraXD

I'll remain optimistic, but I fear whatever we get will not be the same/ on par with DS2.

we'll see, DS1 was made with a small team (vigil was never very big) and Old Vigil team members have stated they want to be part of the next one and Nordic has stated they WANT to get old team members back for the next one... and again if joe joins up for the art direction... i think its VERY possible to get the game we expect.

El-Suave

i'm not remotely convinced that once it appears, it'll be in any form that people expect or want.

I'm thinking the same. The second game bombed too hard for a small publisher to take a chance on a current gen sequel. If it's technically possible and financially responsible, rereleasing the first two games on current gen might be the best option to test the waters and generate some money. But even then the market isn't going to be less crowded by the time they'd launch.

Vardhan

Really loved the first two Darksiders games. I'm excited to hear about news of a third one, especially with the THQ going under. Doesn't matter if it's like the first or second game, I just want it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh I've been wanting to talk about Darksiders 3 actually. DS2 was released in 2012, with 1 being released in 2010 IIRC. Now that it's been 2 years since the 2nd game, we're due for a new one in 2015 at the latest.

Even assuming the game is currently in active development, 2015 is probably being optimistic given it's only been a year since Nordic acquired the IP.

I just hope that guy(sorry, forgot his name) that was in charge of the combat and posted in GAF is in again, the combat of Darksiders 2 was so good.

Man I would be so excited if it wasn't for the 2nd game stuttering like mad when moving camera and crap.(apparently a huge issue for many but still minority)

No game does it besides Darksiders 2,I did some stuff over the past couple of months and I fixed a bit of stuttering but still happens...it shouldn't happen at all on max settings.

SPECS:

I72600k@4.6GHZ
GTX 670 SLI 4GB
8GB DDR3@1600MHZ
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

I'm sorry to put this here but this topic was the right opportunity to ask if anyone has a way around it.

Thanks, hopefully the 3RD will run better on my system.

Darksiders 1 was great. Got it on PS+ and enjoyed it enough to get the Platinum.

Darksiders 2 bored me into quitting halfway through. There was no focus, no drive. After meandering my way through yet another vast empty dungeon I gave up.

Whoever makes a DS3 will have to create something special to pull me back in.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Darksiders 1&2 HD Remake for PS4/XBO incoming

Darksiders 1 was great. Got it on PS+ and enjoyed it enough to get the Platinum.

Darksiders 2 bored me into quitting halfway through. There was no focus, no drive. After meandering my way through yet another vast empty dungeon I gave up.

Whoever makes a DS3 will have to create something special to pull me back in.

DS2 has pretty good beginning but the middle (especially the Kingdom of the Dead part) just draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaags. I remember the "To get one of the three things you need, you must first collect three completly different things!" part. Urgh. After that it get's better again for the last two dungeons and the ending is just fucking disappointing on every level imaginable.

If it's really happening, I hope it picks up from the end of the first game. Those final few seconds are probably some of the most epic last gen, I need a sequel...

Great find, loved the first 2, though I never got around to finishing the second. The massive frame rate drops really bugged me, and I'm not some frame rate elitist (play mostly on consoles)

Expectation management time: if there's a sequel I'm guessing it'll be much lower-budget and more shonky than the others, developed by a small European studio like Reality Pump (Two Worlds), Piranha Bytes (Risen, Gothic), Spiders (Bound by Flame), Cyanide (Of Orcs and Men), Deck13 (Venetica), Haemimont Games (The First Templar) or Kylotonn (The Cursed Crusade).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
we'll see, DS1 was made with a small team (vigil was never very big) and Old Vigil team members have stated they want to be part of the next one and Nordic has stated they WANT to get old team members back for the next one... and again if joe joins up for the art direction... i think its VERY possible to get the game we expect.

You need to keep in mind that Nordic's (as in the holding company) coffers are limited, and it's not as though all that money goes towards just publishing games, either.

So Joe Madureira posted some interesting things on his facebook

Does this mean it is in fact happening? who knows, but it sure sounds that way!

Hopefully. Flawed as they were in spots, I greatly enjoyed both games. It's awesome to see that style of action/adventure executed pretty well these days.

Hesemonni

Banned
Cool, I've put off even starting DS2 knowing the story might not ever be finished. Really enjoyed DS1 even with its flaws and all.

A game that took the strengths of both Darksiders and Darksiders II could be A-MAZ-ING

The more Zelda like structure and focus of the first game with the combat of the second game as a base? Yes please.

Timurse

Banned
I had bought Darksiders 2 solely because of the magnificent soundtrack, but was really surprised with the overall quality of the game. Moreover it was really interesting - enjoyed it way more than expected.

Colombo

I absolutely loved Darksiders 2. The Wii U version isn't meant to be great but I wad recommended it and it blew my admittedly average expectations. Please let it be true!

2 was one of the most bland, tedious, boring and badly designed games I've played in years.

They need to re-visit the original to see what made it a good game otherwise don't bother with 3.

I love both games. While the second introduce some stuff that need to be improved upon, I'm all for a third game. I just don't see it coming out as we'd want considering how much the second didn't live up to sales expectations.

DerpAlert

Neo Member
Darksiders 1&2 HD Remake for PS4/XBO incoming

DS2 has pretty good beginning but the middle (especially the Kingdom of the Dead part) just draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaags. I remember the "To get one of the three things you need, you must first collect three completly different things!" part. Urgh. After that it get's better again for the last two dungeons and the ending is just fucking disappointing on every level imaginable.

And that is precisely the part I stopped playing the game. Triple fetch in a triple fetch, I was afraid to get to the 3rd one to find another layer of triple fetch, like some inception trickery.

duckroll

I started Darksiders 2 earlier this month on the PC, and really disliked it. The prologue stage left such a bad taste in my mouth I haven't played it since. Hopefully they they continue making these games the next game is either more like Darksiders 1, or they just go in a wild new direction, like a run and gun action adventure game with Strife.

IHaveIce

Banned
Aaaawwwww yeaaah

Fucking amazing even with the same artist? Shit now just get a capable studio ti develop it ( nordic said it only wants to publish it) and we will be fine.

Though something better than the last team is hard to find

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
I still find DS1 overrated, but I would like to see the series continue with input from the original team. There's a great game in that concept somewhere, and they'll find it given the right opportunity. And it would be a damn shame to never follow up on that DS1 ending. Even though I was happy to be done with that game by that point, that was one badass final line and shot.

Lyriell

Darksiders 1 was amazing... totally blew my mind once I got past the slow intro and into the first real dungeon and then realised it was a Zelda game.

Darksiders 2 had the most amazing first world and fighting the boss at the end of that level was really getting me pumped!

But the rest of Darksiders 2 slowly ran out of steam. Even the half of the second world was amazing... I think anyone who knows it well enough, knows at which point it took a turn for the worst.

But that being said, I love both of them and wish for more in this series.

Top Bottom