• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

BadAss2961

Critics over the top attacks on BvS and some on the Internet trying to follow that up backfired I think in the long run. Time and time again I see stories of people eventually getting around to see the film and some of their first reactions are to question why critics hit the film the way they did. Talk about how they liked it. How it's not even close to the bad some were saying. I remember following twitter when BvS came on HBO and it was similar there with a lot of reactions I was seeing. Of course you had the some haters but some of those appear to be people that can't stop talking about BvS. You know the people that keep dumping on it months to a year later when they supposedly hated it. I figured if one disliked something they'd stop following it or talking about it.
OT threads are mostly dominated by people who haven't liked the movies. I think the Marvel movies are garbage, so I don't watch them anymore. Barely even talk about them.

Sit down. You're fake news.

Tabby

Critics over the top attacks on BvS and some on the Internet trying to follow that up backfired I think in the long run. Time and time again I see stories of people eventually getting around to see the film and some of their first reactions are to question why critics hit the film the way they did. Talk about how they liked it. How it's not even close to the bad some were saying. I remember following twitter when BvS came on HBO and it was similar there with a lot of reactions I was seeing. Of course you had the some haters but some of those appear to be people that can't stop talking about BvS. You know the people that keep dumping on it months to a year later when they supposedly hated it. I figured if one disliked something they'd stop following it or talking about it.

It's like how before the film was released people praised about how it was a great film but then when when it was out the critics decided to hate the film and you'd see everyone hate on the movie about how it was the worst thing ever.
People just seem to be sheep and follow the popular opinion.

Sit down. You're fake news.

But you just said

I think the Marvel movies are garbage, so I don't watch them anymore. Barely even talk about them.

e4a829e2-502a-42d4-898f-f3169442026b-bestSizeAvailable.png

It's like how before the film was released people praised about how it was a great film but then when when it was out the critics decided to hate the film and you'd see everyone hate on the movie about how it was the worst thing ever.

Or folks just don't like a movie. It happens. Take BadAss2961 as a good example..

Ashhong

Before someone comes in and starts yelling at us, of course there are some that legitimately did not like the film. I feel like the hate for it is a bit over the top since it's just a movie but what can you do

Odoul

I saw Life earlier tonight.

DC needs to get that director on a fuckin property.

No spoilers but it was savage.

JL trailer was cool.

Humor wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I'm hoping this thing isn't another faceless army.

To go from Smallville/Metropolis?Doomsday to THAT would break my heart.

Ross61

JL trailer was cool.

He was on the shortlist for SS2 but idk idk.

No spoilers but it was savage

JL trailer was cool.

Good to hear. Rating? Worth watching in theater?

Tabby

Or folks just don't like a movie. It happens. Take BadAss2961 as a good example..

Before someone comes in and starts yelling at us, of course there are some that legitimately did not like the film. I feel like the hate for it is a bit over the top since it's just a movie but what can you do

And I get that, people can have their own opinions but I'm just saying; I just find it funny how before the movie was released there were nothing but positive reactions to the movie but then when it was released it was mainly negative.

I just find that odd, especially when you have Jay Baruchel saying

When he admits that BvS UC was his favourite film of last year.

JL trailer was cool.

Parademons are a faceless army. And that's fine.

Saw the trailer, liked some stuff. We'll see what happens.

IconGrist

Hell, I really like most of the Marvel movies and I'm still not really in those threads. It just seems the discussions aren't as meaty. Yea, you have to wade through a lot of shit as a DCEU fan trying to get a conversation going but when you get it it's good. I just haven't had that for any of the Marvel movies. I don't know if that's straight up an issue with those movies or if it has more to do with the way GAF doesn't seem to engage about those movies. Could be either or, or maybe even a little of both.

Effect

Of course there are people that simply don't like the movie. They say their piece and they move on. Live and let live. I'm not talking about them. I have no problem with that kind of person. I actually have more respect for that kind of person. I'm talking about the people that always find a way to work in a bash when a different topic is being discussed. Or will purposefully go into threads or conversations just to bash as if they're done some public service. You don't like A or B so why do you keep showing up when A or B are being talked about!? They seem more obsessed or invested then the fans that enjoyed the movie or topic (cause you can see this with other things). You even see it in some critics sadly who can't seem to write a review about a completely different film, on it's own merits, without putting in a bash out of nowhere months later.

Back on topic though. I'm kinda torn on if I want to see them show Superman in any of these trailers or not. Him coming back isn't a surprise but if his return is central to the overall plot then do you show him to better let people know about the plot or still hold him back?

That's different I think. One is movies or games. Entertainment. The other is a person that literally can impact if people live or die, how one can is treated in regard to their everyday life, etc based on his actions, choices, beliefs, and overall ignorance.

And I get that, people can have their own opinions but I'm just saying; I just find it funny how before the movie was released there were nothing but positive reactions to the movie but then when it was released it was mainly negative.

I just find that odd, especially when you have Jay Baruchel saying

When he admits that BvS UC was his favourite film of last year.

I'll tell you, I was one that was hype as fuck for MoS..shit just didn't grab me. Scratch that, Clark/Kent's didn't work for me. Loved Shannon and Crowe. Totally was buying BvS from the trailer (minus the ninja turtle boss). BvS theatrical was a mess to me and made me hate Clark/Supes even more. UC actually softened me a bit on him, because the movie felt more about him than The Bat.

I'm certainly not a major fan of the flicks, but imma keep watching them because I grew up with these characters. Trust if they made an Alf movie, I'd buy all the tickets lol. Just sucks that at times I can't even say I dislike them without being lumped into the "just didn't get it" crowd. Parts I really enjoy, parts that just don't gel with me..

I know that each studio has their diehards..it's impossible to miss. I just wanna watch movies, man. If it's good? Awesome..shit cost money (mostly 😏). If not, oh well. I actually thought SS was gonna be the better movie. Boy, am I glad I didn't bet any money on that nonsense lol.

As a relevant example. lol

I'm not all up in those threads discussing those movies.

I'm just fucking witchu, man..😉

I finally watched the trailer on something other than my phone.... Lawd!

Also they used the song well I think. I had something much worse in my mind when I heard about it.

Effect

I'm assuming it's an Atlantean, Amazonian, and human alliance vs. Apokolips?

That's what I assumed but the location is what I'm also curious about. There is a pillar of fire shooting up into the sky. We've seen that in BvS during the Knightmare scene and you usually see that stuff on Apokolips itself.

BadAss2961

Has to be something along those lines. That is some go big or go home type shit Snyder's trying to pull off.
I just hope it's a full-fledged battle scene and not a cliffhanger ending, which is what it might be.
That's what I assumed but the location is what I'm also curious about. There is a pillar of fire shooting up into the sky. We've seen that in BvS during the Knightmare scene and you usually see that stuff on Apokolips itself.

The whole look of everything kinda reminds me of DOOM.

Odoul

Good to hear. Rating? Worth watching in theater?

7 at the lowest.

A combo of the first Alien and Gravity. Much more horror than hard scifi.

Alot of reviews call it derivative of other movies, and it was, nut I was legit on the edge of my seat. Manages to make Prometheus look even worse. The first half is slightly better than the second but I still liked the whole thing.

Worth a matinee. Try to go in blind.

Not too much of a spoiler but just in case.
When the credits rolled I was kind of in disbelief. This thing had some BALLS.

He was on the shortlist for SS2 but idk idk.
I was thinking Green Lantern (or
Starro
).

But something a little harder edged like Suicide Squad or maybe Lobo, if they're still insisting on making that a thing.

Plus it's an opportunity to tell Gibson to fuck off so that's a bonus.

The scene was REALLY beautifull .... but WHY THE HELL IS BRUCE USING A HORSE ?

The dude could have flew there with a stealth helicopter or a boat something.

What is your superpower ? I am rich and I like horses

lol..Riding horses is awesome tho. Cleaning up after them is another story..😒

BadAss2961

Looks like quite the remote location. I imagine he used his means to get in the general area, then took a horse from there for the sake of stealth.

Ninjimbo

I'm getting tired of the fake CGI purist.
Same. I can see where they're coming from, but this has been a thing for two decades now. As long as there's a demand for fantastical action sequences, studios are going to keep using CGI. You'd think they would get used to it. Besides, in most cases, it looks pretty damn good.

Gleethor

I imagine that huge battle will be in the opening scene with the accompanying narration explaining the history of Darkseid's beef with earth, reminiscent of the last alliance of elves and men in the beginning of LoTR

Ross61

Had to tap out that JL trailer thread. There are people who geniunely dislike, and that's okay. But then there's people who are clearly forcing themselves not to like it and are trying to persuade others to also. And that's just pathetic.

Had to tap out that JL trailer thread. There are people who geniunely dislike, and that's okay. But then there's people who are clearly forcing themselves not to like it and are trying to persuade others to also. And that's just pathetic.
Who force themselves not to like something lol. I see more Posters trying to justify why the Movie will be good rather than trying to say it's bad although they enjoy the trailer.

Ross61

Who force themselves not to like something lol. I see more Posters trying to justify why the Movie will be good rather than trying to say it's bad although they enjoy the trailer.

The "I like this but I can't get hype and you shouldn't either and here's why" posters.

IconGrist

I never quite understand the notion that people trying to defend the movies outnumber or try harder than the people shitting on them. There's maybe maybe 5 or 6 posters that actively try to defend the movies. Some go after any negative critique, others (like me) really only get involved when misinformation is going around. Maybe a few 1-2 punch posters. Compare that to the numbers of those just saying whatever negative crap they thought was funny or smart and tell me there's more posters trying to justify why something is or will be good than not.

That includes "this was dope but it's going to be shit" posts.

Have you seen BvS? Snyder put horses in four or five scenes. Wonder Woman has horses. Aquaman will ride a seahorse. Can't remember most of Suicide Squad but I assume there's a horse in it. MoS had the flying alien horse Jor-el rode.

duckroll

This to me is the most intriguing shot in the trailer. I never expected to see anything of this scale happen in Justice League.

After the lavish but totally random and somewhat pointless dream sequence in BvS, is it really that unexpected? Snyder has crazy huge ideas.

IconGrist

After the lavish but totally random and somewhat pointless dream sequence in BvS, is it really that unexpected? Snyder has crazy huge ideas.

Well it was pointless in Terrio's draft anyway, lol.

Speaking of... I wonder how well structured the script is this go around since no one had their hands on it except Terrio. Goyer never got anywhere near it.

So, I have to wonder what we're going to learn at Wonder Con. They have a lengthy presentation according to that information posted in the previous thread.

Platy

Have you seen BvS? Snyder put horses in four or five scenes. Wonder Woman has horses. Aquaman will ride a seahorse. Can't remember most of Suicide Squad but I assume there's a horse in it. MoS had the flying alien horse Jor-el rode.

AND snyder already posted pics with heavy bodybuilding type of weight lifting ...

So Batman in DCCU is actualy Snyder ? =O

Man, Affleck can really do the Batvoice quite naturally. They didn't need to use the voice modulator for his regular suits at all imo, though it sounds cool.

Theorry

Question. Is the whole reason Steppenwolf is coming to earth now is because Lex let them know Superman is dead and this is the best opportunity? And why does Lex want Steppenwolf to come or was that not really his intention?

Question. Is the whole reason Steppenwolf is coming to earth now is because Lex let them know Superman is dead and this is the best opportunity? And why does Lex want Steppenwolf to come or was that not really his intention?

Nah. He wouldn't have known he was dead. He was still in the ship while The Heroes Three were fighting that ninja turtle..at least that's how that scene comes off.

Firemind

I think Darkseid is after the three motherboxes and Lex told him where they are. In the comic con trailer, you saw some Atlanteans bury one in the earth. One is in the hands of the Amazons and the other is Cyborg. Not sure if they care about Superman at all. Lex is just insane.

Top Bottom