• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGO3 Delayed to Oct. 6th (consoles), January 2016 (PC)

fritzo

https://uk.games.konami-europe.com/...AIN-in-Line-with-September-1st-Console-Launch

Finally,METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN also features the dedicated squad-based competitive multiplayer component, METAL GEAR ONLINE. Newly redesigned with the familiar gameplay and aesthetic styling of the acclaimed series, METAL GEAR ONLINE introduces Tactical Team Operations and features a ‘class system’ that more uniquely defines the strengths and abilities of player characters on the battlefield. As a result of the updated timing, console versions of METAL GEAR ONLINE will go live on October 6th, with the PC version set to release in January 2016.

... I feared this would happen. But it gives me and others more time to play MGSV's campaign. And PC players, have fun Sept 1 with the rest of us!

side note: FOB online will be available Sept 1. MGO3 will be a free download for console/PC.

KONAMIIIIIIIIII

the PC version set to release in January 2016.

WAIT WHAT THE FUCK?

Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. has announced it will release the PC edition of the eagerly awaited METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN alongside the console iterations on September 1st

I'm not even happy about this, I was already ready to wait 2 more weeks because Danganronpa AE comes out September 1 and I'm so playing that game first anyways.

bIiplYg.gif

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
I knew this was gonna happen. We went too long without any substantial news or updates.

grebby

But PC version is now out on September 1st as well? Great news for players on PC.

PC version of TPP that is.

wait, so MGO was never meant to be part of the game at launch then? They say as a result of timing, but what does the PC date change have to do with the console version

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Ouch for that extra PC delay, but as for the delay overall it's probably for the best.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I am okay with this, gives me time with the single player game before dipping my toes into the craziness of MGO.

Kind of pissed GZ is included for free. What do early adopters get?

Glad to hear it is releasing day and date with consoles though, they must've listened to fan feedback.

Loakum

Banned
Kind of like what happened with Grand Theft Auto V's online portion. I'm ok with this...because I was kind of expecting it.

Kalor

I was expecting a delay since we heard nothing about it since Gamescom last year. However it's cool that the PC version also comes out on the 1st, it removes the decision that some people had of buying the console version early or waiting for the PC version.

Corpekata

Banned
Don't care too much about the MP, so just happy to see the release date for PC version got it's arbitrary PC release delay removed.

Hasney

I said in the other thread that I thought it was already announced to come after the base game, then realised that wasn't the case so now it's delayed, I can't really be too upset since it's only been about 8 hours that I was thinking it was coming on September 1st.

LQX

There are so many dates in the OP. Confusing.

First...
Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. has announced it will release the PC edition of the eagerly awaited METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN alongside the console iterations on September 1st. Pre-orders are available now via Steam, which will include a copy of its illustrious prologue, METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES, absolutely free.

Then...
. As a result of the updated timing, console versions of METAL GEAR ONLINE will go live on October 6th, with the PC version set to release in January 2016.

Edit - Fuck me. Its not the actually game that's delayed but the online portion. Ugh. That press release could have been shorter and better written.

legacyzero

Banned
Lol wow Konami. Im gonna be looking at the steam forums for this one. Gonna be a lot of angry folks over there.

Unless they delayed to make sure MGO3 has PC centric features like Workshop

Revven

This stinks but I guess it makes sense given the silence about it. I just hope MGO won't suffer the same insanity GTA:O did when it launched two weeks later... All those server issues... (oh who am I kidding? It will).

SJRB

Gold Member
Holy shit I knew they were going to pull a GTAV, I KNEW IT.

It sucks, but I'd rather see them spend more time working on it, than churn out a half-baked game.

Piccoro

A bit off-topic, but I take this opportunity to remind everyone that Metal Gear Online on PS3's Peace Walker HD is available right now.
There's still some people playing it regularly...

Do you guys want another GTA V Online?

Enjoy your single player peacefully, let them iron out the problems.

Edit: PC version 2016? OH HELL NO.

Reule

Not surprising at all. I guess it'll give everyone time to play the story. It'd be nice to get some kind of video to see a match play out in the mean time.

Top Bottom