• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monolithsoft WiiU trailer - X (Takahashi x Tanaka x Sawano, Xenoblade x/multiplayer?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
44689904.jpg
Reminds me of Joffrey ):

Shulk! Omg!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
You can't turn it off?

No, but honestly I don't think the game would work very well without auto-attacks. Toward the beginning of the game you end up with "downtime" between arts because they take so long to cooldown and you have so few. Late in the game your arts on the bar are cooled down quick enough that having to mash a button to attack while also selecting and using arts would be really cumbersome.

This game looks to alleviate that somewhat by apparently having more options during battle (secondary weapon options/switching? and attacking body parts), but still doesn't make you constantly mash the A button to keep attacking. Could be a good way to balance it out.

I'm sad knowing that I missed my chance to play Xenoblade.

But this looks really neat. Since it'll probably be more widely available and on the eShop I won't run into the same problem.

Seanspeed

Banned
I am more inclined to believe its a new ip (or a xenogears related title at my most optimistic.) What point win there in not just calling it Xenoblade 2, if that's what it is.
The battle interface basically looks just like Xenoblade's.

As for not calling it Xenoblade 2, there could be multiple reasons. Spin-off. Prequel. Just dont want to go the boring #'d route.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Forget the character's face designs.

Can we get some armor that doesn't look like complete shit in this one? I felt like, whenever I got new armor in Xenoblade, I groaned every single time. Somehow they looked dumber and dumber with each upgrade.

Zarovitch

Can we get some armor that doesn't look like complete shit in this one? I felt like, whenever I got new armor in Xenoblade, I groaned every single time. Somehow they looked dumber and dumber with each upgrade.

:) so true, i hope armor looks better.

botty

Banned
I think this game should have been launch window. It would have helped the general public see the Wii U in a more serious light. This is pretty much a game that can deliver what everyone wants from a HD Nintendo console.

majik13

yeah I hated the costume and character design for xenoblade. This seem to be geared a bit more toward western tastes, but still seems a little lackluster and generic in that department. despite the actual game looking excellent

ultron87

There are two enemies. He killed the enemy he was targeting, and got the drop, but the other enemy jumped on him and killed him at the same time.

Isn't he targetted on the jumping one the whole time as shown by the indicator above that monster's head which tries to follow it as it goes off camera?

I'm sad knowing that I missed my chance to play Xenoblade.

But this looks really neat. Since it'll probably be more widely available and on the eShop I won't run into the same problem.

Is it not still available from the Nintendo Store or ebgames online stores?

I got in December in anticipation of getting a wii u.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
untitlehddgs1s65.gif

Is that seriously a scrolling "warning" banner to convey you are low on health? Haha.

I want to say Xenoblade had something like that as part of the battle HUD. Had the red bar, but I think it only had one warning thing and not some scrolling text.

Margalis

Banned
Xenoblade was a bit strange in that the enemy designs both organic and mechon were great but the character costumes were mostly atrocious.

This looks fucking amazing. Like, between this and Wind Waker HD I now want a WiiU.

I will say one thing though.. I hope the colors don't look as washed out in the final game.. If this game can land with a great IQ and richer colors it will be beautiful.

I had no interest in a Wii U until I watched this trailer... holy crap if this turns out to be a great rpg, I think I'll have to get a Wii U...well played Nintendo

A.E Suggs

yeah I hated the costume and character design for xenoblade. This seem to be geared a bit more toward western tastes, but still seems a little lackluster and generic in that department. despite the actual game looking excellent

Western games don't have bad armor or character designs?

D_prOdigy

I think this game should have been launch window. It would have helped the general public see the Wii U in a more serious light. This is pretty much a game that can deliver what everyone wants from a HD Nintendo console.

It would be great if developers could finish their games with a slap of their cocks.

Do you think Monolith had like a year-long road trip after they finished Xenoblade?

duckroll

Isn't he targetted on the jumping one the whole time as shown by the indicator above that monster's head which tries to follow it as it goes off camera?

Yeah actually he is. Did he kill the monster in the back with collateral damage? Or did the monster in the forefront actually die from the last hit? I guess we'll never really know!

wrowa

Got to admit, I'm a little disappointed. The trailer reminds me very much of the Monado unveil: The trailer is pretty rough and the colors seem to be very washed out for whatever reason. Maybe my display just sucks, but I don't think it's quite supposed to look like that...

Generally, my only beef with the trailer is pretty much the lack of colors. Xenoblade was so amazing thanks to its vivid and colorful areas, but X's fields look comparably dead in this trailer. I hope they'll change something about that, respectively that there will also be more colorful maps similar to the plains in Xenoblade.

The big difference between this one and Monado is of course pretty important: This time around the graphics are quite amazing, lack of colors or not. And I'm sure that the next trailers will be much better, just as it was the case with Xenoblade. :D

I hope it won't be too much multiplayer focused (Player 1, 2, 3 etc made it seem as if large parts of the trailer show multiplayer stuff), but in the end Xenoblade already was already kind of a multiplayer game played offline, so I don't think that a multiplayer mode would screw with the single player mode.

Would be pretty funny if Nintendo decides to not localize this one.

They will. Just look at it. It's the most graphically impressive Wii U game Nintendo has shown so far; it'll probably be some kind of flagship title for them to show the hardware power of the Wii U.

Yes, he's absolutely locked on to the one jumping and didn't kill any monster. The PC even turns with the monster as it moves through the air. I don't think that box that popping in from the right is any sort of drop. It has a shield icon which makes it seem like some sort of defense skill activating, but the PC dies anyway due to such low HP.

Lissar

Reluctant Member

I admit, I kind of wished they hadn't had the armor changes and just had one static model. Partially because they could have maybe, at least, had concentrated more on lip syncing, but also because the designs just weren't all that impressive.

Although after playing The Last Story (as much as I love that game) I almost wished to go back to Xenoblade armor. TLS armor was not really made well...

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I love how the game looks but I kind of hate this trailer, looks like test footage quickly edited without any semblance of cohesion.

I would've like a more proper trailer, with better edited footage. Oh well, the game still looks amazing but this reminds me a lot of when they first showed Xenoblade (Monado at that time) at E3 2009.

wrowa

Yeah actually he is. Did he kill the monster in the back with collateral damage? Or did the monster in the forefront actually die from the last hit? I guess we'll never really know!

Actually, I think the splash of blood you see in the background comes from the second monster. The targetted monster is not only squashing you, but also the other monster. :eek:

Portugeezer

You chose some really awful screenshots to show off Dragon Dogma :/ And I don't really see your point.

I am just emphasising how good X or Xenoblade 2 looks. Especially if it's native 720p and smooth unlike Dragons Dogma (a game I enjoyed a lot).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom