• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESRB Watch: Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 rated for the Xbox 360/Playstation 3 (!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Right, been doing one of my periodical digging through the backlogs of the ESRB ratings and this time around a doozy of a rating.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 CAPCOM Teen Blood, Suggestive Themes, Violence PlayStation 2, Xbox, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3

Well, there is it, Marvel Vs. Capcom is unofficially officially coming to the HD era in some fashion, most likely as a XBLA/PSN release. You may commence the rejoicing.

gray_fox224

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Momar

aka Ryder
HOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIITTTTT

Yeah, so, this is pretty fucking awesome.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
11grbsw.gif

Wurm

Banned
Yes. PartnerNet never lies! My first GAF insider tip :D

I half wanted to post again in that Ben Judd "Ace up their sleeve" topic as I pondered if this is what he could be referring to..

yeb

I never got into this, in large part because it never had online play in any version.

GGPO netcode please?

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Thank fucking god this game already came out before the age of microtransactions otherwise the game would probably cost about $300 to unlock all the characters.

Wurm

Banned
Shard said:
Oh goodie, thank you for confirming this. (Not that there was much doubt)

Well theres nothing running on PartnerNet, just it showed up as a title with a SSF2HD icon for some reason. So to be honest I'm just going by your ESRB rating as well now to vindicate my throbbing erection and desire to be taken for a ride.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Wurm said:
Well theres nothing running on PartnerNet, just it showed up as a title with a SSF2HD icon for some reason. So to be honest I'm just going by your ESRB rating as well now to vindicate my throbbing erection and desire to be taken for a ride.

Well, that does sound like corroboration and the ESRB is pretty damn reliable when it comes to this sort of thing.

FightyF

Banned
The Xbox version of this game is hard as hell to find even used so this is GREEEAT news.

I suppose this means there's online play...eh?

Aaron

I recently went back and played MvsC2 after not playing it for years, and immediately found it pretty unsatisfying. While the assists and teams mix things up, the core fighting is really basic. I'd much rather have a lagless GGX or KOF XI online. At least KoF '98 is coming.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
gray_fox224 said:
whoa

But, I thought the ESRB were going to pull their listings from the web due to these kind of leaks. I heard that on 1up yours.

Well, here is the thing, the ESRB has attempted to get sneaky with some of the ratings, note the Xbox/Playstation 2 tags, I found this at the very back of the Playstation 3 area. It appears when an old game is re-rated for a new system the rating stays with the old date, pops-up in the back instead of the front, that is why exploration is needed at times.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
john tv said:
A lot of weird stuff turns up on partnernet -- I wouldn't count on it being 100% legit, but I sure hope it is!

Well, in this case, we have two pieces of evidence in Partnernet and now the ESRB, it presents a much stronger case then the either one would alone.

PSGames

Shard said:
Right, been doing one of my periodical digging through the backlogs of the ESRB ratings and this time around a doozy of a rating.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 CAPCOM Teen Blood, Suggestive Themes, Violence PlayStation 2, Xbox, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3

Well, there is it, Marvel Vs. Capcom is unofficially officially coming to the HD era in some fashion, most likely as a XBLA/PSN release. You may commence the rejoicing.

1zr0siu.gif

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom