• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Hopefully the other SVC games follow suit! These collections are, to date, my favorite ways to play these games. For those who don't know, they were developed by M2 and they're masterful ports.

Hopefully come Nov 12 we'll be able to purchase 360 games and claim 360 GwG right from the XB1 dash.

I don't own a 360 right now. You can do it via the website of course, but it's annoying because of the way the system differentiates between your XB1 and 360 account.

Wonder if there is a chance that WWE '14 would be BC. Probably not with the new one just coming out plus 15 already being on the system. I am a sucker for the wrassling games but only have the funds for Battlefront and Fallout so... the new ones will be on the back burner for a bit.

EvB

Nope :( and I've actually tried that but when I get to the store page the 'Install' button is missing. It's really weird.

Have you got the same region set on both machine? It won't show up as purchase able if it isn't available in the machine's region

Hopefully the other SVC games follow suit! These collections are, to date, my favorite ways to play these games. For those who don't know, they were developed by M2 and they're masterful ports.

Yep, just added the other titles under rumored. I don't see why they also wouldn't come over. We knew Sega was on board, so I'm expecting big things from their catalog!

jbug617

Banned
saw this on twitter
CSXfq3bWoAQe1wh.jpg

https://twitter.com/ID_Upload/status/659178859657633792

amardilo

If SEGA allow more old Mega Drive/Genesis XBLA ports via backwards compatibility I might buy some more even though I own loads of them on cartridge and own the SEGA 360 collections disc (as long as I can afford them).

How are the Sega Vintage Collection bundles in terms of emulation quality?

If I remember this right, Phil Spencer promised backwards compatibility for over 100 Xbox 360 titles in November.
The BC launch date now is 12th November and Forza Motorsport 4 as well as Forza Horizon 1 are among the Top60 requested games for BC on the Xbox feedback page.

Should I buy cheap used copies NOW, before people start selling their old games for over 15 bucks again? They're both under 8€ used now on Amazon...

im_dany

If I remember this right, Phil Spencer promised backwards compatibility for over 100 Xbox 360 titles in November.
The BC launch date now is 12th November and Forza Motorsport 4 as well as Forza Horizon 1 are among the Top60 requested games for BC on the Xbox feedback page.

Should I buy cheap used copies NOW, before people start selling their old games for over 15 bucks again? They're both under 8€ used now on Amazon...

I don't have high hopes for games with a lot of licensed music like racing games, honestly.

Also, FM4 is not available on Games on Demand so that's more work for them.

Well, MS showed FM4 and FH1 at Gamescom in the BC announcement. Seems like an odd thing to do if there were potential licensing issues.

Okay, added Dirt 3 and Dungeon Siege 3.

By the way, the OP is totally up for suggestions if people have more preferred way of organizing games/getting info to anyone who needs it.

Given that they knew they were going forward with BC, it occurred to me that MS may include all the X360 titles that have been given since the E3 reveal. Even though they said it would be from this month on.

Does anyone have a list of all the titles that have been given away since E3 or shortly before?

Given that they knew they were going forward with BC, it occurred to me that MS may include all the X360 titles that have been given since the E3 reveal. Even though they said it would be from this month on.

Does anyone have a list of all the titles that have been given away since E3 or shortly before?

Here you go: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Games_with_Gold_games

May:
Mafia 2 - 2K are one of the featured developers brining games to BC...this would therefore be likely.
F1 2013 - Codemasters are one of the featured developers brining games to BC...this would therefore be likely.

June:
Just Cause 2 - already confirmed as coming, is a pre-order bonus for Just Cause 3
Thief - wouldn't expect this, Thief is already on XB1

July:
Plants vs Zombies
Gears of War 3 - already confirmed, also part of Gears of War Ultimate

August:
Metro 2033 - wouldn't expect this, already on XB1
Metro Last Light - wouldn't expect this, already on XB1

September:
Battlestations Pacific
Crysis 3

October:
MGSV: Ground Zeroes - wouldn't expect this, already on XB1
Walking Dead Season 1 - wouldn't expect this, already on XB1

I mean, most of them are already existing on XB1 in some capacity, or are already confirmed

All i need is Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix on my Xbox One.
Hope they will make it. Or make the Capcom Digital Collection compatible, because this game is on the disc.

Top Bottom