• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition: Free update arcade mode & more; $40 game+DLC bundle

jett

D-Member
The gold gradient they slapped on the new UI looks tacky.

It's definitely tacky in general.

Code:
[IMG]https://cdn.capcom-unity.com/capcom-unity.com/user/strumslinger/large/468a4aa118519459e57e4d911ff36cd8.jpg?v=202200[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/images/news2/Street-Fighter-V-Gets-Gameplay-Screenshots-V-Trigger-Mechanic-Details-484017-14.jpg[/IMG]

Gonna stick to the old HUD myself.

7Th

『Inaba Resident』;251015045 said:
Calling Bengus lazy is some dumb shit.
Its real easy to put out garbage art when you're likely being rushed and have a large amount to do.

"Even rushed Bengus is better than Udon."

That better? I honestly just wanted to express my distaste for Udon.

Blueblur1

"There is never going to be a Turbo or Ultra release."

Of course not because the are calling it Arcade Edition. ;)

This looks like a worthwhile package though if you have not jumped in yet.

I know you were making a joke but this is a free update to existing owners so there should be zero concerns about getting screwed over by new version.

Allforce

WTF Season 1 & 2 characters included! I'm selling my basic shit

I did this awhile ago when they started offering the Deluxe Edition on PSN for 40 bucks all the time during sales. Season 1 and 2 plus Base game was 10 dollars more than 1 single season pass so I sold the game disc for 15 bucks to the local store and went digital.

Lulubop

DLYXPYPVwAA956E
Looks like an old schoolish css, I honestly prefer the current one.

And just like that, I'm back in. Been waiting for a bundle with all the new characters and junk so this is perfect. Can't wait.

Ive seen her in a couple of finals and she is overall good imo
Which got me to thinking
Will her new.m vtrigger be vism from zero 3...
Cool. I hope she isn't too complicated to use. I'm better with quarter circle characters, I suck with charge characters.

Allforce

What's more expensive: buying Season 1 and 2 packs for the base game or $40? I'd like all the new characters.

Buy this in January. Season Passes are 30 dollars each when they're not on sale.

So 40 bucks plus 30 to get Sagat and the other 5 characters for Season 3.

Zyrox

WOW!

UI01.jpg

Same face : (

Much more so than Ken's ugly mug I wish they'd fix all the clipping in the character select screen (like the hair through Ken's shoulder here). I don't care about it in gameplay but in the CSS it just looks terrible and amateurish.

Metalmarc

Balls i thought there was gonna be a full street fighter collection coming out covering the classic street fighter games, looks like it was this all along.

not a fan of the new character select screen or the new in game HUD.

Gold life bar when at full health.. eh. Hope there's an option to keep it the same

Whales

Banned
Not sure I like the new char select background/ VS logo.

The rest though? Hype as FUCK

Just also patch the ndtcode up a bit and this update is perfect

Jawmuncher

What's more expensive: buying Season 1 and 2 packs for the base game or $40? I'd like all the new characters.

Dunno if it'll be on sale again. But the last few times they've been selling the digital version of SFV with Season 1 and 2 already for this $40 price. It's definitely cheaper to get this (especially if you have GCU or something).

will this be released to the Arcades in japan? just like what they did with Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition.

I'm going to japan in march and I would love to play this in the arcade.

Gbraga

It really makes sense to go with Arcade Edition, given how much people requested that mode, but looking at the new aesthetic, it really should've been Gold Edition.

The original is basically $20 at this point. Wouldn't it be better just to get that since all the updates are coming free for existing owners anyway?

Neoxon

The original is basically $20 at this point. Wouldn't it be better just to get that since all the updates are coming free for existing owners anyway?
This includes the first 12 DLC characters from S1 & S2, so you'll be able to stock-pile Fight Money for Seasons 3-5 if you just wait for AE.

Menitta

Some of the menu/HUD changes im not a fan of but this is quite the update. I'm super excited.

Now announce Q and Dudley and I'll be a happy.

Neoxon

Pleasantly surprised Ibuki made the cut.

And I'm digging the new character, stage select, and VS screens. Seeing that they have a new VS screen makes me wonder if load times were improved at all... but I doubt it. I'm still really psyched for this though! Show me those new V-triggers.
I'm honestly surprised that Menat isn't on the key art.

Top Bottom