• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samsung Galaxy S8 · S8+ |OT| - Available April 21, 2017

Pepiope

I preordered from Tmobile on the 31st. Still holding out hope it gets out of "ready for UPS" and is delivered tomorrow.

GS8Speedtest1_low.jpg

umm, that is crazy. Sure, its a self contained test with optimal conditions, but damn. The phone can handle speeds that high? Whoa, im sweatin.. VIDEO

Yep, now we just need unlimited tethering😜

JayB1920

I'm thinking about switching over from iPhone 6 Plus for the AMOLED and Superior Camera. In regards to the screen what setting is generally best? Adaptive, Cinema, Photo or Basic? Cinema seems to be accurate for DCI-p3 color space, photo for adobe color space and basic for sRGB.

BFIB

I'm thinking about switching over from iPhone 6 Plus for the AMOLED and Superior Camera. In regards to the screen what setting is generally best? Adaptive, Cinema, Photo or Basic? Cinema seems to be accurate for DCI-p3 color space, photo for adobe color space and basic for sRGB.
I just use adaptive.

rather impressed by the battery life looking at that youtube video, 50% after 4 hours of mixed use is rather shockingly good.

And I say that as a nexus 6p owner who loves his battery life.

Whales

Banned
I have a note 4 and the touchscreen turned to crap now ( lots of scratches, etc) and I seriously want to buy a new phone

my only problem is that i'm wondering if I should wait for them to show off the new note 8 first or just get a S8+... what do you guys think? Are the power differences usually big enough to wait it out between the note and the galaxy series?

mochicat~

been using the phone since monday. i am in LOVE with this phone. I LOVE how you can swipe down on fingerprint scanner to pull notification shade and swipe up for samsung pay.

jrcbandit

I'm angry that Best Buy initially showed/promised release date arrival, but now the order has been updated to April 25 ;p. Bait and switch.

Ultryx

Dammit Samsung. The website says order by 12:00 PM EDT on 4/17/17 to get it delivered by 4/20/17.

I ordered mine the day it was announced. Where the hell is my shipping information! Still says preordered!

Dammit Samsung. The website says order by 12:00 PM EDT on 4/17/17 to get it delivered by 4/20/17.

I ordered mine the day it was announced. Where the hell is my shipping information! Still says preordered!

I'm not sure if all Samsung departments workis way, but when I ordered my TV from them, it just said pre-ordered until it was outside my house haha. Once the product was delivered then I was given shipping information.

Limit

I had ordered the s8 and s8 flip cover from samsung only days apart but I get the sense that I'm gonna get the flip cover no sooner than next week. The tracking isn't even working for the flip cover right now.

Anyways, looking forward to playing with the gear vr in 2 days. I haven't tried anything vr so far. However lo-fi, should be fun for first few hours just for novelty alone.

NeOak

Based AT&T

Black S8+ and Samsung Folio case are showing up tomorrow!

I preordered on 3/31 if that matters

The UPS page updated. Supposed to deliver tomorrow to my office. End of day according to them. The UPS guy usually shows up before that. Hope that's the case.

T-Mobile hopefully delivers.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Has anyone that ordered from Samsung had their phone ship?

I have mine scheduled for delivery tomorrow by end of day. T-Mobile, ordered in-store, orchid gray here. I bought two cases for it, I'll decide which to keep. Or maybe keep em both, who knows.

Jayhawk

My delivery of my S8+ arrived on Tuesday. I was able to easily transfer what I wanted out of my S5. The phone feels really nice so far, but I am afraid a little bit until the case I ordered arrives. I don't think I will go with a screen protector this time.

Finally received my tracking # and my phone's will arrive Thursday. Would've preferred today, but I suppose I'll live.

Of course the case I ordered arrived broken thanks to poor packaging and the lovely USPS.

BriGuy

Stupid question, but can anyone tell me what the shipping package weighs? I ordered it through AT&T without getting so much as a receipt, but I got a delivery notice from UPS about a 2lbs package arriving today and have no idea what else it could be.

I have a note 4 and the touchscreen turned to crap now ( lots of scratches, etc) and I seriously want to buy a new phone

my only problem is that i'm wondering if I should wait for them to show off the new note 8 first or just get a S8+... what do you guys think? Are the power differences usually big enough to wait it out between the note and the galaxy series?
The last few times they were the same SOC

If you want the S Pen, get the Note

Mine is still a couple of states away, still scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Looking forwards to getting home from work tomorrow night. It's a shame my Gear VR is usb micro so won't work with the S8 and I'll have to wait for the free one to ship but I think I'll manage.

Aesthet1c

Stupid question, but can anyone tell me what the shipping package weighs? I ordered it through AT&T without getting so much as a receipt, but I got a delivery notice from UPS about a 2lbs package arriving today and have no idea what else it could be.

UPS shows my package is 1.1 lbs.

Just woke up to see my tracking has been updated to delivery today! Can't wait!

Top Bottom