• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Beta Thread

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Got my invite at 11:00 local time (CST)

Lucious-Empire-Gun-Gif.gif

JamboGT

In fairness they gave pretty good reasoning for it.

As with most beta programs, in order for the development team to capture data in an optimal manner, the sample size needs to be increased gradually and in stages. While we begin to roll out the beta, we have decided that the time differences across the U.S. are best matched to the development team in Tokyo.

JamboGT

How does that make sense? They check the data early during work?

Well I imagine they have tests in the evenings in US, corresponds to the morning in Japan. Means they can monitor it. Place I used to work ran tests in China so we could monitor it all live in the UK.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Beta must be TINY considering like nobody has gotten in. Usually GAF has more than like 1 person who gets in.

bombshell

one track and three cars?

The beta is mainly for online events in specific time slots (like the image in the OP) and that isn't open yet. (online greyed out when he was at the main menu)

Participants will be able to choose from a select rotation of cars and tracks each day to race online against others during the beta phases. Track and car selections will vary during this period, and we made sure to offer different race class categories and course configurations to properly test our GT fans!

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/03/09/gran-turismo-sport-announces-closed-beta/

Hoping someone with lots of GT and other sim time as well as a wheel gets in the beta. Would love to know more details about the driving feel compared to GT6.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I think they had some backfire sound.

edit: Yup, went back, it sounded pretty damn good, too.

Gestault

I don't understand what's giving the guy on the stream so much trouble with these turns.

Edit: It just clicked that this is live and not a re-cut from an earlier session. Is the game auto-reseting him to the track?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
"That wasn't bad, but it wasn't good."

Nah man, it was painful to watch his driving in that race.

The sound does seem to be a lot better.

FrankWza

Hes awful. And how is there 1 person streaming on all of ps and 1 person here who got an invite? Thats really small.

Does sound better.

Why wont PD add a chase camera option that is like every other chase camera in the history of racing games?

Also I assume you still cant rotate the camera with right stick?

Gestault

Ugh. You can tell his tv is overscanning because of how the game underscans in the menu.

Cmon people. Spend the 3 seconds necessary to deactivate overscan. Not hard.

Wouldn't that mean his screen would be cut off for playing, or is there a setting for just the stream output?

FrankWza

I dont get it. Its obvious this guy has never played a racing game let alone a gt. They asked for psn i.d., cant they look at gt5 gt6 trophy info?

Transmissions sound better on the LM cars. They finally added that warble when off throttle. The over all sound fx are better than other GT games, but still seem well behind other games.

Top Bottom