• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami seeking new main staff members for development of new Metal Gear series

duckroll

http://www.konami.jp/osirase/150320/
http://www.konami.co.jp/job/jk/spe/mgs.php

Konami has put out a press release today assuring fans of the Metal Gear series that they will continue development on the series beyond MGSV:TPP. They also announce that they will be developing a new Metal Gear series, and they are looking to recruit brand new main staff members for the team. They are seeking people with experience working in high end game development, have creative ideas, passion for games, and good communication skills.

RIP KojiPro.

Edit: Adding links to previous threads on these developments.

Kojima vs Konami Pt1: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1013350
Kojima vs Konami Pt2: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1013581

Konami Depatures Side Story: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1011271

Takao

Banned
I mean, people loved the Castlevanias, Suikodens and Silent Hills that weren't developed by people somewhat attached to the original staff. What could go wrong?

Codex5050

It's safe to assume we're going yearly, guys.

You said this in your thread also. Why do you believe that? First off they didn't say they were sticking with Solid, and the only way I can see them doing yearly is on mobile spinoffs or something.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
This reads to me as entirely ego driven.

Like, a new Metal Gear game was not normally in the cards for this moment in time... A new one is coming out and they'd normally surely wait and see the reaction before planning the next one.

But in the breakdown of talks with KojiPro, some suit was like "we don't need you! We own Metal Gear!" And this new project is actually mandated by ideology to fulfill the threats of the higher ups.

This is a spite-based Metal Gear project.

Jb

I hope Kojima makes MGS5 the best game he can to make it extra hard for Konami to keep up the series' standard of quality after he's gone.

Strike

notlikethis3rxq.gif

le.phat

This right here is the power struggle rumoured at, right? konami not ready to back down on milking mgs like a golden teat.

Alienous

You said this in your thread also. Why do you believe that? First off they didn't say they were sticking with Solid, and the only way I can see them doing yearly is on mobile spinoffs or something.

They're announcing the start of production on the next Metal Gear title earlier than has ever occurred in the series.

You have to assume that they are accelerating the release timeline somewhat, and publishers seeking yearly releases for their top franchise has become quite common. This makes it clear that they want to release Metal Gear games more frequently than when the series was spearheaded by Kojima. History has told as that this eventually leads to the pursuit of yearly releases.

Blackage

How about fuck you Konami, I'm not interested in a Metal Gear without Kojima @ the helm.

Ah that feels better. ^_^

I mean, people loved the Castlevanias, Suikodens and Silent Hills that weren't developed by people somewhat attached to the original staff. What could go wrong?

Seems like a sure fire way to continued financial success! All those series did great revenue numbers!

:(

HeelPower

It's safe to assume we're going yearly, guys.

No.

Do you really think Konami has the money,man power or resolve to release AAA Metal Gear annually ?

Even if they did.Do they even care ?

Not just anyone can milk AAA franchises properly like Ubisoft.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
It's easy to tell which Metal Gear aren't Kojima and I'd rather keep the series in high esteem until proven otherwise. What a shame.

They're announcing the start of production on the next Metal Gear title earlier than has ever occurred in the series.

You have to assume that they are accelerating the release timeline somewhat, and publishers seeking yearly releases for their top franchise has become quite common.

Other companies have multiple studios on multi year cycles to pull that off. That won't be the case here.

wrowa

This reads to me as entirely ego driven.

Like, a new Metal Gear game was not normally in the cards for this moment in time... A new one is coming out and they'd normally surely wait and see the reaction before planning the next one.

But in the breakdown of talks with KojiPro, some suit was like "we don't need you! We own Metal Gear!" And this new project is actually mandated by ideology to fulfill the threats of the higher ups.

This is a spite-based Metal Gear project.

Metal Gear is one of Konami's most successful franchises, of course they won't stop producing new games. Even if MGS5 bombs, they'd still plan to make a new one. You don't shelve one your most important IPs because of one underperforming title.

LAA

Jeez Christ. Not V isn't even out yet and they're already after making another. MGS should be special guys, not a yearly thing, please.

I just want to hope Kojima is/was involved with MGR2, or wrote something for it.

Overside

Banned
Good luck, you would have to be 10X better than Kojima MGS for people to even begin to think they might be on par.

Wouldnt touch that gig with a 500 foot pole.

RedAssedApe

Banned

You have to assume that they are accelerating the release timeline somewhat, and publishers seeking yearly releases for their top franchise has become quite common.

Or they are just doing damage control.

Top Bottom