• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR Modern Warfare 2 and MW1 pre order bonus for COD2016 (Xbox One?)

Ravi_elite

Banned
Mm..guess I will just skip buying the next COD and go ahead and get the digital copies of cod4 and mw2...too bad these aren't getting the $60 remasters they truly deserve..hope Activision patches the modding and hacking going on destroying these 2 best cods

Valkrai

Mm..guess I will just skip buying the next COD and go ahead and get the digital copies of cod4 and mw2...too bad these aren't getting the $60 remasters they truly deserve..hope Activision patches the modding and hacking going on destroying these 2 best cods

It'd be best if it was a remaster. The current state of the games are a shit show. Cheaters and modders everywhere :(

antitrop

There are two kinds of COD gamers. The ones who enjoy the real IW games and the ones who enjoy post IW break up games.

MW3 is really Titanfall.

That's pretty much how I feel about it. I started right from 2003 and feel most attached to the original games. It's been varying degrees of all downhill since MW2, for me.

Also I fucking love Titanfall.

Chris1

That's pretty much how I feel about it. I started right from 2003 and feel most attached to the original games. It's been varying degrees of all downhill since MW2, for me.

Also I fucking love Titanfall.
Titanfall 2 is out this holiday too, makes it that much easier to skip CoD this year.

You know whats worst..?
This.

200w.gif
If you don't like the dab, or find this a little funny I'm just gonna assume it's because you don't don't like Cam Newton....

giphy.gif

Ensoul

This would no doubt be interesting to me. The SP for MW was amazing but I couldn't really get into the MP aspect of it.

MW 2 is the game that got me into MP. Looking back now the MP in MW2 was a complete broken mess but at the time I did like playing it. It would be fun going back and playing the game again. Sucks it appears IW is just doing this for the xbox one though.

Taker34

Banned
Very far future.

Space combat.

Full on sci-fi.

That's quite depressing, imo. I think many players would like to see a more grounded approach, instead it'll have space setting like Destiny/Halo/Mass Effect? I feel like this franchise löst a bit of its identity.

Moozo

Would have expected COD4 anniversary edition in 2017 tbh but so long as it happens soon I don't care when.

Full remaster in 1080p, no changes to the mechanics is all I want.

Bolivar687

Banned
The article's source did not mention Xbox One and PlayStation retained the marketing deal for this year, so it would be amazing if these were new digital rereleases and not BC.

Because I really can't handle three consecutive years of future warfare. If Titanfall was the new standard for shooters, it wouldn't have flickered out nearly as fast as it did. It reminds me a lot of Final Fantasy - the more they try to answer the call for "innovation" from their detractors, the further they move away from what makes the games special for core fans. I truly cannot imagine why they need a franchise wide mandate prohibiting non-future games from being made. Maybe all three teams really wanted to do it but Activision should have had a contingency in place because this throws longtime fans to the curb, ripe to be picked up by someone else.

The space missions in Ghosts were cool, I wouldn't mind a few more of those but please, please, please Shinobi, say it ain't so.

Just wondering, is it worth making a thread out of Shinobi and John's comments (I can't because I was junior-ed lol)...or not? I think it's quite substantial IMO as many people think the next CoD will be modern-future era like the past Infinity Ward games since CoD 4. I think it's quite different for CoD to have a sci-fi far future space setting and thus think it's thread worthy.

So anyone wanna make the thread? :p

Eggbok

The article's source did not mention Xbox One and PlayStation retained the marketing deal for this year, so it would be amazing if these were new digital rereleases and not BC.

Because I really can't handle three consecutive years of future warfare. If Titanfall was the new standard for shooters, it wouldn't have flickered out nearly as fast as it did. It reminds me a lot of Final Fantasy - the more they try to answer the call for "innovation" from their detractors, the further they move away from what makes the games special for core fans. I truly cannot imagine why they need a franchise wide mandate prohibiting non-future games from being made. Maybe all three teams really wanted to do it but Activision should have had a contingency in place because this throws longtime fans to the curb, ripe to be picked up by someone else.

The space missions in Ghosts were cool, I wouldn't mind a few more of those but please, please, please Shinobi, say it ain't so.

PlayStation will have the Call of Duty marketing rights for a little while I'm pretty sure. Andrew House said @ E3 last year that Black Ops 3 was the first game in their partnership.

Unless I am misunderstanding what you are saying.

MilesTeg

Banned
Another future CoD? Just wow. Can't believe Activision would allow all three studios to go in the same direction for consecutive games. With homogenization like this the series will decline faster than anticipated. It would seem that Destiny and Titanfall have poisoned the well. Really thought we would be getting a traditional CoD in the form of MW4.

cakely

If we're talking an Xbox One backwards-compatible version of COD4 and MW2, I don't know. It would be crucial to keep the original version's solid framerates and Xbox One BC doesn't have the best track record in that regard.

If a remake of just the multiplayer for those games were released for a gen-8 console, I would happily buy it. I really enjoyed those games online.

Bolivar687

Banned
PlayStation will have the Call of Duty marketing rights for a little while I'm pretty sure. Andrew House said @ E3 last year that Black Ops 3 was the first game in their partnership.

Unless I am misunderstanding what you are saying.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you think I'm saying?

If you go to the link in my post, Activision confirms that PlayStation has the deal again for this year. Since the source in the OP does not mention XB1 backwards compatibility, I'm really hoping this would be a rerelease for all platforms.

mike4001_

If we're talking an Xbox One backwards-compatible version of COD4 and MW2, I don't know. It would be crucial to keep the original version's solid framerates and Xbox One BC doesn't have the best track record in that regard.

If a remake of just the multiplayer for those games were released for a gen-8 console, I would happily buy it. I really enjoyed those games online.

Why not do both :)

BC isn´t really any work for Activision.

And a proper remaster of the MP (in 1080/60) could be done either way.

I'd at least consider pre-ordering if this was the case..

Like some other people have said, just sad that these games are over run with modders at the moment /:

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Somehow a dumb mp arena shooter gets a fantasy dagger to equip and everyone gasps that it harms the sanctity of CoD's supposed realistic and hardcore design ethic?

You people are nuts. Seriously nuts, or have never actually played cod.

shanafan

Somehow a dumb mp arena shooter gets a fantasy dagger to equip and everyone gasps that it harms the sanctity of CoD's supposed realistic and hardcore design ethic?

You people are nuts. Seriously nuts, or have never actually played cod.

I am fine with adding new weapons to the game, but when they are locked behind a random supply drop paywall, then it's a terrible idea.

I have no problem paying $4.99 for a new gun. It's fine. But when the new gun is inside a random supply drop that could cost me anywhere from $1.99 to God knows what to get that gun, then that's seriously shit. I am echo the entire community when I say that. At least the majority of it.

I am fine with adding new weapons to the game, but when they are locked behind a random supply drop paywall, then it's a terrible idea.

I have no problem paying $4.99 for a new gun. It's fine. But when the new gun is inside a random supply drop that could cost me anywhere from $1.99 to God knows what to get that gun, then that's seriously shit. I am echo the entire community when I say that. At least the majority of it.

I feel like if you could just buy the guns outright with money, then everyone would complain the game was "Pay to win." There would be complainers no matter what.

Majority of that 15 million cannot appreciate any other game from what I see. Bring games like Bloodborne, Sunset Overdrive, & The Witcher to them. They will look at you like u have jelly on your head.
You mean, the way you look at them for playing COD? You feel sorry for them? Seriously?

Auctopus

COD stopped caring how it looks after COD4.

There's nothing wrong with that second image seeing as Black Ops 3 is the best COD in years in terms of gameplay. If you wanna get outraged at that image then remember this game started out with a Solemn/Heroic tone in WW2.

BBboy20

You know whats worst..?
This.
200w.gif
...they advertised that?

Jesus what the hell happened to Call of Duty?
It went to the future.

I remember the CoD2 special edition included a documentary involving WW2 veterans talking about their harsh experiences in war

Then you look at today
All it maters for the gaming market is one-man armies; no care for the cogs in the last 6 years.

DLC melee weapons
Sword

Crowbar

Bat

Dagger
Well, I always thought a katanta would be cool in WaW...
Half-Life reference?
Wait, what? Why would you use wood? It'll shatter from the metallic parts.
...I noticed that but...in this context, it is straight-up silly.

Black Ops 3 is not a decline. It's in the top 5 COD games.
A mostly very by-the-numbers SP that seems that way because of co-op, a MP that is somewhat above BO2's MP, yet Zombies ends up being the best thing about the package, ultimately painting over cracks. BO1 is still where TY's COD was at it's prime.

Top Bottom