• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jessica Chastain to join cast of Iron Man 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Will Jon Favreau still be Iron Mans driver?

That would be kind of awkward...
So many great cameo possibilities: Jude law, whedon, Howard lol, Paul walker, bana, norton
Sorry, but TH sucks in Iron Man. That's just the way it is. DC isn't perfect, but he's way better in that role than TH.
It stems from TH getting signed early and to a huge contract to lock him up. He got paid more than rdj. Everything went downhill afterwards. They lowballed him for im2.

I thought he played Rhodes really well.

Slayven

Having read extremis I still wonder how much it'll follow the book. For those who haven't it was marvel trying to give tony stark the equivalent of a mutant power. Nanomachines hide his iron man suit within his DNA so he just wills his suit to appear on his body. Kind of a dumb concept but it was a pretty good read actually. I just don't know how well some of those ideas will play on the big screen.
The suit hides in the hollow sections of his bones.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Extremis and Mandarin all in one film?

Someone hold me :')

But yeah Extremis might be a hard sell in a movie.

Anyone have a links to how people know these behind the camera happenings of the Iron Man movie franchise.

I hate the inconsistency in the series.

Terence Howard gave IMO the perfect performance, actually looks like he could be in the armed forces, whereas cheadle does not and phoned in his performance.

I'd like to know the full dirt on this as well as Favreau's departure as director.

IMO Maggie Gyllenhaal swapped in for Katie Holmes was the only time I ever thought doing an actor swap was a good decision.

Anyone have a links to how people know these behind the camera happenings of the Iron Man movie franchise.

I hate the inconsistency in the series.

Terence Howard gave IMO the perfect performance, actually looks like he could be in the armed forces, whereas cheadle does not and phoned in his performance.

I'd like to know the full dirt on this as well as Favreau's departure as director.

IMO Maggie Gyllenhaal swapped in for Katie Holmes was the only time I ever thought doing an actor swap was a good decision.

*sigh, tear*

efNHi.jpg

Extremis is an Awesome arc for iron man. making him a legitimate super hero because he essential becomes a cyborg. Him deleting his brain as a result of complications later makes it all worth it.
Also written and directed by shane black of Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Lethal Weapon fame. Cant wait.

Kaizer

Banned
Extremis and Mandarin all in one film?

Someone hold me :')

But yeah Extremis might be a hard sell in a movie.

At least the premise sounds way better than the entirety of IM2. I still enjoyed that film, but man did the plot suffer and it dragged alot in the middle.

Terence and RDJ did have fantastic chemistry, but I can't see the Rhodey character being as important now they've gotten the introduction of War Machine out of the way (and the idea of Iron Man is settled in with people now he's an Avenger so the conflict over Stark being a "vigilante" isn't a factor) so Terence isn't a huge loss this time. Plus, I'd rather they keep things as consistent as possible from here on out, bringing back Terence would be fucking weird. (Also, he sounds like a prat and deserves to not be involved with this film and the buttload of money it will bring in)

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Terrance was a terrible Rhodey. TERRIBLE. That any of you think that the character he portrayed would ever suit up in something as gruffly named as the WAR MACHINE suit: you're crazy. And terrible. Yourself.

He played a good damp squip foil to Tony, but Rhodey as a character is a hell of a lot more than that. He doesnt believe in non-lethal weaponry like Tony does, he often busts out "ends justify the means" rhetoric, and is a grumpy ol' bear a lot of the time.

She is extremely talented. I would hate to see her waste that talent on Iron Man 3. I'd love to see her work with Jeff Nichols again. Take Shelter was fantastic.

Don't think this deserves another thread, so I'll put it here:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/170357-andy-lau-joining-iron-man-3

Super Hero Hype! said:
NeonPunch (via Twitch) is reporting that Andy Lau is in negotiations to play an old friend of Tony Stark in Marvel Studios' Iron Man 3.

The site says the friend "represents China’s technology sector – and will use China’s armored heroes to HELP Iron Man defeat “The Mandarin” who is seen as a terrorist against both the US and China."

He would be joining a cast that includes Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Ben Kingsley and Guy Pearce. Shane Black will direct the third installment, scheduled to be released on May 3, 2013.

As we previously reported, the film will be co-produced in China. Filming will start in May in the United States and move to China later this summer.

So Extremis and the Mandarin?

I am worried, because Marvel.

I think they need an overarching villain like the Mandarin, especially as the end of the trilogy. I'm not sure Extremis is epic enough. I think it would be bitching as the start of a new trilogy (if we were forced to get that many) or as a 4th, stand alone film.

I am just curious how they are going to incorporate everything. Mandarin is the evil hand behind everything to date, or just a new villain? I assume he will have to be behind Extremis as well, because two completely separate plotlines just would not work.

edit: Apparently there was a subsequent Mandarin-Extremis plotline. I guess they could incorporate that with the initial Extremis arc. Hrmmm.

Jasoneyu

I am worried, because Marvel.

I think they need an overarching villain like the Mandarin, especially as the end of the trilogy. I'm not sure Extremis is epic enough. I think it would be bitching as the start of a new trilogy (if we were forced to get that many) or as a 4th, stand alone film.

I am just curious how they are going to incorporate everything. Mandarin is the evil hand behind everything to date, or just a new villain? I assume he will have to be behind Extremis as well, because two completely separate plotlines just would not work.

edit: Apparently there was a subsequent Mandarin-Extremis plotline. I guess they could incorporate that with the initial Extremis arc. Hrmmm.

I can see how they can combine both but i just hope they don't make it a clusterfuck of different villains and try to shoehorn in a coherent plot (spiderman 3).

Nizz

Deadline said:
Marvel then began lining up meetings with actresses like Diane Kruger, Gemma Arterton and Isla Fisher.
Mmmm.

Not familiar with the actress cast in IM3, but many here believe it's a great choice so I'll go with the flow. Marvel's really striking while the iron's hot...

Blader

Oh, that's nice.
Is ScarJo returning?

Nope

Though the cast of the next addition to the Tony Stark saga is filling up rather quickly with a bevy of notable and formidably talented actors, Scarlett Johansson’s Black Widow will not be joining the adventures on this one. The actress told us she would not be appearing in Iron Man 3 at the start of our interview with her and The Hulk himself, Mark Ruffalo, at The Avengers Los Angeles press event last week. Johansson did, however, pitch the idea of a Jason Bourne-esque super hero movie featuring the Black Widow character.

Zen

Banned
Oh, that redneck girl from The Help. She was all right in that.

Nobody watched The Tree of Life, guys. The movie grossed a whopping $13 million domestic.

Yeah but motherfuckers steal the rental copies. I'm serious. All the Blockbusters around me...there's like one fucking copy left and it isn't the Blu Ray. People swiped all of them :(

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
I like the Extremis storyline, so I'm looking forward to it.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Thank fuck Black Widow will not be in IM3. Have even higher hopes for the movie now.

Like I give a shit about the Iron Man "plot" after 2. Scarlett was the highlight of that trash.

Yeah I really don't understand how Sam Jackson could be considered the best part of Iron Man 2. Unless you count a few winks to the audience (YO WATCH OUT FOR AVENGERS!) as scene-stealing.

Sam Rockwell owned the screen in that movie.

Scarlett and Sam Jackson's being shoehorned into that film is what hurt it.

The crappy sickness plot was the bigger problem. They didn't want to do the alcohol stuff so it the stuff in his chest sickening hm. His degrading health and sanity could have been done so much better. Instead we get a horrible CGI Monaco race and a party scene worse than Bruce's in Batman Begins.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, only 15 minutes of the actual film was about Iron Man.

The Nick Fury/Romanov bits were undoubtedly shoe-horned in. That was some blatant shit.

Yet, they weren't the parts of the film that annoyed me. I felt they worked. The Justin Hammer stuff was what bothered me- although Rockwell's character was great fun, I felt the actual plot revolving around him wasn't particularly exciting. So I guess the true problem with S.H.I.E.L.D. being crammed into IM2 was that it took up space that could have been used further developing the Hammer/Whiplash plot. Not to mention the War Machine stuff. Ah well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom