• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 Demo was running on XBox One according to BF's official Twitter

ekim

unbenannt9ou3o.png

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
So now that we know this is running on X1 at 60 FPS, what is CoD's excuse for looking so bad? This was one of the stunners of the conference IMO.

Noirulus

You could tell from some of the low-res textures and water effects. Looked great for a launch game but could look better, I think.

Rashid

Banned
I call BS, beforehand they showed the rig that would be running it and it was a monster, dual AMD Card in CrossFire and all. They made a point of saying it was at 60fps too, leading me to believe it was likely PC footage being shown as the, well, not reveal, but of more single player footage.

kortez320

I'm really really excited for console players. Games like BF are so much better at 60 frames it's ridiculous.

Also means I'll prolly be running this thing at 120.

Edit: lol. That's hilarious actually. Only because they said it was on X1 though. It's perfectly understandable that much of what is shown now would be on PC at this point in time.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Aren't any claims of "running on Xbox One" dubious right now due to Microsoft's manufacturing issues as underlined by beloved CBOAT?

charsace

They said it would be playable in microsoft's booth. It would be stupid to show the PC version and then have something completely different running in the booth for people to play.

Maxxan

Not to be paranoid or anything, but is there any chance in hell that MS pays EA to not make the PS4 version 60fps? Cos I'll take 60fps over grafics any day

Lakitu

st5fu
Looked nice. Any threads about the website claiming it has 64 players and commander mode? Plus BF3 maps redux.

But but but

That's a backspace key

It's just a graphic though. Maybe they don't have the official in-game icons for the Xbox One controller from MS, so are just defaulting to PC icons for the demo.

Not to be paranoid or anything, but is there any chance in hell that MS pays EA to not make the PS4 version 60fps? Cos I'll take 60fps over grafics any day

Not a chance in hell. I know people get scared about moneyhatting, but that's extreme. They moneyhat to get games exclusively onto their platform, or added content, not pay to gimp the game on a competitors product. It will be 60fps on PS4/One.

Krilekk

Banned
Aren't any claims of "running on Xbox One" dubious right now due to Microsoft's manufacturing issues as underlined by beloved CBOAT?

Yeah, like Mirror's Edge 2 and Prince of Persia which were at the MS PC. Oh wait, they were not because cboat is just trolling.

jtb

Banned
they're shooting for 60 fps (I missed the conference)?

that's good. I played a lot of bad company 2 back in the day but the framerate was lackluster, to say the least. probably the only good thing infinity ward brought to the table this generation

kortez320

They said it would be playable in microsoft's booth. It would be stupid to show the PC version and then have something completely different running in the booth for people to play.

You can always hook an Xbox controller up to a PC and tell people it's the Xbox version. Would not be hard to fake at all.

ekim

Yeah, like Mirror's Edge 2 and Prince of Persia which were at the MS PC. Oh wait, they were not because cboat is just trolling.

My guess is, that he may work for the ESRB rating board and got shortened trailers? Halo's trailer could be confused with POP and the Insomniac shooter with ME2.

Krilekk

Banned
Wait so he was trolling about DR3 being exclusive? Titanfall? World of tanks?

DR3 was rumoured as being an exclusive long before cboat mentioned it. Same for Respawn's game. World of Tanks was rumoured yesterday when Wargaming staff were seen with Microsoft employees. cboat is just taking stuff that is available on reddit and Youtube and pretending to know more than everybody else. He's an imposter, he barely reaches 50 % #truthfacts. So basically it's totally random if he is right or wrong. But well, his thread is locked til after the Ubi PC and I guess his account will be banned afterwards. We already have too many "insiders" here, I bet he is laughing his ass off seeing how many people fell for him. But considering what happened with #teamreal and #teamcgi for Phantom Pain I guess that doesn't come as a surprise.

kitch9

Banned
Guys, your average wet fart could pull off good looking visuals at 720p and 60FPS.

Jesus my monitor a decade ago was 1280x1024 in res and I used to game on that at 60fps.

E3 ain't over yet buddy. Also yeah, lets forget all the other stuff that has already been confirmed.

*edit* Look at that, it was just shown.

EAT CROW Krilekk!

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I saw a mouse and keyboard. When they were panning the players. One guy was scoping with a mouse. The building going down was probably the best part. It looked like more was going on in the city than the lifeless sounds of BF3.

64 man or less squads are never that tight unless you're playing around friends.

Top Bottom