• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

Compbros

I Agree...coming from someone new to DC comics, I never knew that Super Girl and Power Girl was the same character(recently learned this fact). My only real knowledge of the Power Girl character was the Justice League episode where she was introduced as a Clone?
all that to say- NRS making Power Girl look like an actual older version of Super girl is wonderful. Nice take IMO.

Galatea was loosely based on Power Girl, PG comes from a different Earth/Universe that was destroyed and she was the only survivor. Just like the Earth-2 comics are the same characters yet different PG is just SG but different.

shingi70

Banned
Will every character have a premium skin of some sort? Wouldn't mind paid DLC skins.

Firestorm = Captain Atom
Gorllia Grodd = Ultra Humanite
Deadshot = Deathstroke
Robin = Nightwing
Aquaman = Ocean Master

delSai

Seems like a doable Platin. I usually dont even think of going for all trophies in Fighting Games, but i'll go for it in I2.

Will every character have a premium skin of some sort? Wouldn't mind paid DLC skins.
Very unlikely. Expect people like Bats and Supes to get one, but characters like Grodd and Cheetah? I cant see it happening.

Seems like a doable Platin. I usually dont even think of going for all trophies in Fighting Games, but i'll go for it in I2.

Very unlikely. Expect people like Bats and Supes to get one, but characters like Grodd and Cheetah? I cant see it happening.

Who would Batman and Superman get? Owlman and Ultraman?

Tyaren

Dr8b2vx.jpg

OMG, is this real? XD

Slaythe

Not that hard honestly, I reached that with both Black Canary and Superman in the beta and like level 8 with Supergirl despite playing her like 15 times.

The beta is absolutely not representative of the final game, because the max levels are higher in the final version, and exp rate is different.

Remember there is that New mode that plays the characters for you and will level them up. So the characters that you dont want to play...use that.
:)

Aaah hopefully this works out then.

Also, can someone explain to me what "voting" is in Injustice Oo ?

ZeroX03

Banned
That trophy list looks more grindy than anything. The online stuff is easily boosted in a day if you don't want to play competitively. The character level and ending stuff is time consuming more than anything. I'm not sure about multiverse events?

Not sure if I'll platinum. If T7 wasn't around the corner I probably would've.

Where did you buy it?

PSN because I'm a damn fool

FHIZ

Looking at that list, depending on how lucky I get online, seems like an easy game to platinum? Unless multiverse missions are as crazy as doing all the STARS Labs missions in the first game, which doesn't seem to be the case.

delSai

Seems like a great way to leave money on the table.

It's more expensive to do those Premier Skins, so i dunno. They could make some that dont have no VAs i guess. That way they could make a Suicide Squad Harley, which would surely sell more than any other Skin.

Compbros

The beta is absolutely not representative of the final game, because the max levels are higher in the final version, and exp

Very true, I still don't think it'll be difficult. There seems to be a ton of ways to earn experience and I'm sure clearing the classic tower/arcade mode will net you quite a bit.

JAXXX

Do you guys think these special shaders will provide unique intros dialogue and clash quotes when you use them?

The first game evil superman had different lines

Alienous

I Agree...coming from someone new to DC comics, I never knew that Super Girl and Power Girl was the same character(recently learned this fact). My only real knowledge of the Power Girl character was the Justice League episode where she was introduced as a Clone?
all that to say- NRS making Power Girl look like an actual older version of Super girl is wonderful. Nice take IMO.

supergirl.jpg

6suwp9ue1nwy.png

Ah, so she tears the El family crest off of her suit, after Superman's transgressions, and is left with the boob window?

The deepest lore.

delSai

Do you guys think these special shaders will provide unique intros dialogue and clash quotes when you use them?

The first game evil superman had different lines

Does Hal get new dialogue if you change his color? If yes, i'd guess it's possible.

sinkfla87

Very true, I still don't think it'll be difficult. There seems to be a ton of ways to earn experience and I'm sure clearing the classic tower/arcade mode will net you quite a bit.

I think of it this way...
I had to grind a metric fuckton for just fight money and colors in SFV (I don't think I've cleared all hard modes yet lol). If I apply that same grind, I'm getting currency along with drops that grant new gear and colors at a much quicker rate.

Tyaren

I never knew that Super Girl and Power Girl was the same character(recently learned this fact).

I didn't know either. I just now read her backstory on Wikipedia.
So, I guess the reason why she is the same person but her boobs are blown up to the size of melons, is due to the special atmosphere or maybe gravity field of Earth 2, that she landed on? Also, how conveniant that this version of Kara just left a hole in her suit were the "S" symbol was supposed to go.

Thank God. XD

Khezu

Powergirl looks like Supergirls rebellious mom who hosts drinking parties for her daughter and friends, and has innapropriate relationships with highschool boys from said parties.

These are positive things.

I've been going in blind for this game since the first trailer and I can't believe it's almost here. Quick question, do we know when the embargo date is?

The first game evil superman had different lines[/QUOTE]

I doubt it.

There were technically were two version of Supes in the first game's story mode, Regular Superman and the Regime Superman. So him having different lines was necessary for the story in order to differentiate the two character wise.

In the case shaders, the only shaders that are said to have additional dialogue are the premium skins, which are different characters entirely, which is kinda similar to what they did with Superman in the first game. I don't think we'll gain anything new with the simple color shaders.

Spinky

Dunno if the DLC characters will get any (doubt it), but I sort of hope Starfire gets a Blackfire premier skin for... reasons.
Does Hal get new dialogue if you change his color? If yes, i'd guess it's possible.

There's specific dialogue for it, there was a video where he was purple/Indigo and Dr. Fate said he'd crossed the emotional spectrum.

Ryce

It'd be a ton of work, but the emblem should change along with his name on the HUD (Yellow Lantern, Red Lantern, et cetera).

Then you're in luck, because...

Blue and red were already shown off on a stream. It annoys the hell out of me that the emblem doesn't change, though.

Perhaps they'll have the option to alter his emblem in the gear section. That way, everyone wins.

Boo-urns! That would bother me more than anything. Then again, I'd like a premium skin of Hal with the different Lantern abilities.

Q8D3vil

Just finished year 3, Constantine
is the definition of asshole bastard anti hero.
I really hope they include him in the dlc.

Power Girl is also Kara Zor-L, albeit from Earth 2. She is older than Supergirl and her powers are more developed, but otherwise they are physical counterparts. Power Girl and Supergirl are very distinct characters however. Power Girl is blunt, confident, tough and punches first.

I do wish they had given her different hair from Supergirl, just to differentiate her a little more. I'm also sad we won't see alternate costumes for Powergirl.

Top Bottom