• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 15 Reveal on May 5th

JABEE

lj256hp.jpg

EA said:

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSNHL/status/462656345745797120

Expected to be the first Next Gen NHL. Exciting week ahead for game reveals!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Next gen bugs! All new features are recycled old features!

EA killed my love of video game hockey. If you can't fix your fucking game save bugs, don't release the fucking game. It was I believe 11 and 12 where my sim got stuck at the trade deadline. I restarted thinking it was just bad luck, nope.

Gurish

Is it expected to run on the same engine as LIVE, FIFA and MADDEN?

If so we shouldn't expect an impressive game in terms of visuals...

Bsigg12

Is it expected to run on the same engine as LIVE, FIFA and MADDEN?

If so we shouldn't expect an impressive game in terms of visuals...

And UFC which looks surprisingly deep and graphically pretty good.

It'll get better with each new release of a game since it means more and more devs ha..wrong on it.

sector4

I have faith that since they skipped next gen last year, and they said something to the effect of "we wanted to do next gen right" that 15 will be a big step up.

bradigor

Really hope it is Next Gen so I can at least do my Be A GM mode on the Vita whilst out and about.

Be interesting to see if they bring anything new to the table, or if it is just improved graphics and physics.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Thank God, it's been so annoying having to use the 360 for NHL. Can't wait, very excited.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Can't wait to see it. It's not 2k but alas it will have to do. I usually buy one Hockey game a gen so this one had better be good.

Arment

Really enjoy NHL 14 (minus the fact I have to re-create my create-a-team every time I update rosters...) so my hopes are high for this one.

But in my experience the first sports title of a next gen system is usually weak.

We still going to have curve shots, dead zones around the net, bouncing pucks in the corners, and shitty/cheating AI? Oh, and are defensemen still going to have a FACEOFF stat? Are we going to be explained to as to what each stat does?

Strider

I was actually thinking just the other day I wanted to give a hockey game a try soon. Haven't played one since the N64 days. These games are generally considered really good right? Gonna keep my eye on this for sure.

Haven't played Hockey games since NHL 04, and the super-fun minigames and 2v2 in 2K5/2K6

Do these games have anywhere near those fun features?

I'm ready to jump back in

Top Bottom