• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop employees please help: Changing from Comdata deposit to bank account deposit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

Just got hired at Gamestop for some part time cash, however they pay us using a Comdata cash card (deposit money into it). I'm trying to figure out how to get it changed from this to direct deposit into my own bank account.

The paper that I filled out to do so said something about attaching a voided check and faxing it to the number, yet i'm not sure what checks they are talking about.

Just take a normal check out of the check book for the checking account you want them to deposit into and write void across it across it in big letters and then fax that. That gives them all the account info they need on that voided check, make sure to write void across it in big letters though...

Teknoman

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Just take a normal check out of the check book for the checking account you want them to deposit into and write void across it across it in big letters and then fax that. That gives them all the account info they need on that voided check, make sure to write void across it in big letters though...

Gotcha thanks. Wait, just the check itself or the form and the check?

Write Void across the check and I'm assuming they want you to fax both. You just want to write void because without that it's still a live check and if someone wanted to be an ass they could write in an amount and use it but writing void across it voids it so no one can use it.

Teknoman

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Write Void across the check and I'm assuming they want you to fax both. You just want to write void because without that it's still a live check and if someone wanted to be an ass they could write in an amount and use it but writing void across it voids it so no one can use it.

Alright, thanks again.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Note, I got rehired at gamestop for my last year of college, and sent in that paperwork, and they never got it done. Our store had tons of issues with the human resources department. If you really want to make sure it gets done, you have to make sure you're in constant contact with your DM or get your SM to call human resources a lot.

aoi tsuki

For the record, most companies don't need an actual check. Just give them the account and routing numbers, which can be found on the bottom of your check. When i sign up for direct deposit, i just write those numbers down (i've got them memorized) and have them fax that info to HR.

"For the record, most companies don't need an actual check. Just give them the account and routing numbers, which can be found on the bottom of your check. When i sign up for direct deposit, i just write those numbers down (i've got them memorized) and have them fax that info to HR."

It really doesn't matter, unless he's super short on checks and needs them before he gets more in there's no real reason to not give them one and they usually do it that way so it's easier for everyone.

Teknoman

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"For the record, most companies don't need an actual check. Just give them the account and routing numbers, which can be found on the bottom of your check. When i sign up for direct deposit, i just write those numbers down (i've got them memorized) and have them fax that info to HR."

It really doesn't matter, unless he's super short on checks and needs them before he gets more in there's no real reason to not give them one and they usually do it that way so it's easier for everyone.

Yeah i've got alot (never use them anyway) but im going to send in both. Noted on the HR department issues.

TxdoHawk

I dunno, back when I worked I had no issue getting switched over, it just took a little time. That said, I can't believe the default payment system is basically set up to bilk you out of money with transaction fees. Then again, Gamestop probably gets a cut and views it as another revenue source. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom