• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Super Ultra Confirmed, Revealing October 19th, New Art

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Update 3:

Mass Effect 3 multiplayer super ultra confirmed.

PC PowerPlay said:
PCPP#197 On Sale October 19!
Posted: October 10, 2011 by: Daniel Hindes

That’s right - Mass Effect 3 is getting multiplayer! We travel to BioWare’s office in Edmonton for hands-on time with the series’ first foray into online gameplay, and chat with Mass Effect Series Producer and Mass Effect 3 Project Director Casey Hudson about the decision to go multiplayer in the epic battle for the galaxy.
Source: http://www.pcpowerplay.com.au/2011/10/pcpp197-on-sale-october-19/

pcpp197coverl892.jpg

Update 2:

I'll just repurpose this thread.

screenshot_267319z7kc.jpg

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.co...-next-month/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS

158884k7uy.jpg

Source: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/8424862

Original:

I'm guessing it's the multiplayer unveil.

EA said:
2:37 Andy Katkin:
Aaryn Flynn, General Manager, BioWare Edmonton is now on stage to talk about Mass Effect 3.

2:38 Andy Katkin:
Unfortunately the ME3 presentation is also under embargo so we won’t be able to share the news being announced here at the Vegas Game Show. Sorry folks!

2:38 Andy Katkin:
I’ll give you a hint … its big news that a lot of you have been eagerly awaiting. Check back in a few days for more on this exciting announcement.

2:53 Comment From TheDCD
Do you know when that Mass Effect info will be announced officially?

2:53 Andy Katkin:
I don't believe the embargo date has been made public, but I think I can go out on a limb and say soon... within the week!
Source: http://www.ea.com/news/ea-vegas-game-show-to-be-live-blogged

Update:

Lifejumper said:
LoL.

Chris Priestly said:
Chris Priestly wrote...

I think I need to step in here as the expectations seem to be quite high. There is no "big announcement coming this week". This was specualtion from a guy who works at EA who was at the event in question. There is lots of cool Mass Effect 3 information still to come between now and March 6, but there is no planned "big announcement" or whatever planned for the immediate future.

kamspy

Cancel ME3 and reboot please.

We need the real ME2 first. An extension of ME1 instead of a regression. ya know?

I think I know what it is because I heard they had it ready for gamescom and pulled it at the very last second.
And its better than you all expect it will be.

Mikey Jr.

Why are people so against multiplayer?

Lots of games that were single player focused integrated multiplayer and it worked out great.

Uncharted
Assassins Creed
Grand Theft Auto
Metal Gear Solid (kinda sucks? People loved it)

Probably some more in there.

iavi

That big hint is referring to Tali's face. There's nothing else people have been waiting for from this game.

XPE

The only Multiplayer I think a game like ME3 needs is some coop based, like a survival mode like cod zombies

V_Ben

Banned
Mass Effect Horde mode, where you bring your custom Shepherd into a combat arena along with a bunch of friends. Weapons earned in the multiplayer carry over into the single player.

FStop7

Banned
Mikey Jr. said:
Why are people so against multiplayer?

Lots of games that were single player focused integrated multiplayer and it worked out great.

Uncharted
Assassins Creed
Grand Theft Auto
Metal Gear Solid (kinda sucks? People loved it)

Probably some more in there.

Because Mass Effect was supposed to be an RPG that was a mix of of investigation, exploration, and combat. But with 2 we ended up with a corridor shooter. I still like the game, but it's just not what it was supposed to be.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
-Pre-order the full DLC package to get an exclusive 'Hawke skin' from the beloved Dragon Age 2 franchise(tm) to shoot your friends online with. And don't forget to pre-purchase the, also exclusive, Kirkwall mappack!(Available Day 1 for 1600 MSP, or free for pre-orders placed previous to Jan. 1, 2002!)

Can't wait!

kamspy

XPE said:
The only Multiplayer I think a game like ME3 needs is some coop based, like a survival mode like cod zombies

Because this is a natural mode for all "make your own adventure" RPGs.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
CrazyDude said:
I bet you guys it's a FemShep trailer, I will give Neogaf my soul if that is not the case or you play as a reaper.
They actually announced on the livestream when embargoed trailers were on stage, but didn't mention a trailer here.

CrazyDude

FStop7 said:
Because Mass Effect was supposed to be an RPG that was a mix of of investigation, exploration, and combat. But with 2 we ended up with a corridor shooter. I still like the game, but it's just not what it was supposed to be.
What investigation and exploration were there in Mass Effect 1?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
CrazyDude said:
What investigation and exploration were there in Mass Effect 1?

Nothing dramatically different from ME2. Citadel had a lot of running back and forth between talking heads(a couple hours-worth more than the average city planet of ME2). And there was a LOT of Mako driving. Otherwise, games were pretty damned similar. Not sure myself why people get so hung up on ME2 being shit. Both were great, and both had a TREMENDOUS amount of corridor shooting. ME2 wasn't mutually exclusive there as some may believe.

They'll probably spoil everything that happens in the game for no reason.

"Here's every companion character you can get!"

"Here's who you can romance!"

"You can actually die at the end!"

"Garus is actually a Reaper AND SAREN'S BROTHER!!!"

Just shut up and let the game come out. Put multiplayer or even Co-op if you really want, just don't put major plot points in the trailers or info dumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom