• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recooked overnight pizza safe to eat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scitek

There's half of the pie left and it sat in the oven overnight. Pepperoni and sausage ~12 hours old. If I turn the oven on again and lightly cook it, would it be safe to eat?

I know I've eaten a pepperoni that has sat that long, but the sausage is what makes it a bit iffy.

Edit: But, I think you'll be fine.

scitek said:
There's half of the pie left and it sat in the oven overnight. Pepperoni and sausage ~12 hours old. If I turn the oven on again and lightly cook it, would it be safe to eat?

Are you serious?

What kind of a pussy is afraid of pizza sitting overnight?

h3ro

I got through Med School on left out overnight pizza... if anything, it'll strengthen your Immune system!

scitek said:
im guessing u have never been to college

snacknuts

we all knew her
There are so many chemicals and preservatives in the meats on that pizza that you could probably let it sit out for a week and eat it without fear of intestinal reprisal. Bon apetit.

Stitch

Gold Member
lil smoke said:
It was in your cold dark oven all night? And it probably cooled down in there too.

I would not eat it, personally.

i'm doing this since years and it didn't kill me :D

ArtG

Stitch said:
i'm doing this since years and it didn't kill me :D

I've never even gotten sick by doing it. The thought that "this could make me sick" never even crossed my mind.

scitek

JDSN said:
Threads like this makes me wonder how many gaffers have been nominated to the Darwin awards.
:lol

Wouldn't the Darwin award winners not have bothered asking first, though?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I eat pizza that's been laying out for days...PLURAL!

I'd say the worst I ever did was in college I ate pizza that had been sitting out for a week. Popped that shit in the microwave and it was good to go!

...and I spent the rest of the afternoon pooping.

scitek

tokkun said:
I'm just curious why a half-eaten pizza was sitting in the oven.

I came home last night from work and my roommate had made it but I had already eaten dinner and never got around to it. He never put it in the fridge, so there it was.

moviedon.jpg

Do you like penicillin on your pizza?

I had a friend who would buy around five pizzas at a time and keep them in the trunk of his car and dorm room. He'd pull out this old ass peparoni pizza and start munching. After I gag and ask him "wtf", he tells me that the grease from the meat and cheese keeps the pizza from going bad.

lil smoke

Banned
You guys that enjoy snacking on spoiled foods... do you wash your hands and stuff? I bet you also wear the same drawls two days in a row.

I think these type of guys (if you're adults) probably are the dirty/nasty sort of guys.

Diablos

hectorse said:
Uhm not really
Uhh, any single time you let any type of food that can spoil go for hours without being refrigerated or frozen, you risk food poisoning. That doesn't mean it absolutely will happen, but a risk is a risk.

scitek

Diablos said:
Uhh, any single time you let any type of food that can spoil go for hours without being refrigerated or frozen, you risk food poisoning. That doesn't mean it absolutely will happen, but a risk is a risk.

I dunno! hectorse does have a point!

Diablos said:

WEll duh, but unless you are a baby without an adequate defense system, you should be OK

lil smoke said:
You guys that enjoy snacking on spoiled foods... do you wash your hands and stuff? I bet you also wear the same drawls two days in a row.

I think these type of guys (if you're adults) probably are the dirty/nasty sort of guys.

Yeah and I also drink milk directly from the gallon !!

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Diablos said:

Perhaps, but keep in mind that it is in his oven. Your oven is one of the places that has the lowest bacteria count in your kitchen, with the king being your freezer.

A day sitting in your oven is NOT going to kill you. Seriously, it won't.

weepy

lil smoke said:

wth? Eating overnight pizza doesn't kill you, doesn't make you sick, and isn't as bad as not washing your ass for a couple of days. Relax guy, really...

Tarazet

I'll eat it, even cold, if it has been in the fridge. In the oven? I'm too attentive to leave it in the oven. I don't leave food out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom