• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| Highway to the Danger Room

Dec

Did something change, could have sworn people loved batrocs boots?

They're good, I assume he means because everyone that wants them has them with ICP being out for so long.

Something like Red Skull's coat on the other hand is much harder to come by.

Oh I don't mind Batroc's Boots. I'd rather have them than some useless shitty Unique. But I already have 5 or 6 Batroc's Boots. I don't really need any more. I was hoping to get one of the actually rare ones.

Fonz72

May I be added to the super group please. I am Fonz in game.

Just picked this up again after dabbling with it for a bit last Summer. It's pretty fun. Bought a Winter Gift Box and got Wolverine in it so, I suppose that will be who I am playing with. I messed around with Hulk, Spiderman, and Captain Marvel and had a good time so far.

Ploid 3.0

I got Red Skull Coat, bad rolls but I can reroll if I end up needing it for someone.

May I be added to the super group please. I am Fonz in game.

Just picked this up again after dabbling with it for a bit last Summer. It's pretty fun. Bought a Winter Gift Box and got Wolverine in it so, I suppose that will be who I am playing with. I messed around with Hulk, Spiderman, and Captain Marvel and had a good time so far.

Logging on to see if I can add you.

inky

I got Doomsday Chair w/ fighting bonus and terrible rolls. Can't imagine who uses it tho, maybe Ghost Rider.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
squirrelgirl-doom.jpeg

inky

If you get an invite to a supergroup, where do you check that at?

It should show up as a notification in the top right corner. As an Orange box similar to legendary quests and party invites.

I sent you one a while ago, but sometimes they get missed or something, so let me know how it goes. I did your name case sensitive, but sometimes there are issues. It did say you were invited tho.

iiicon

I've been playing this game off and on since last summer, might as well join the GAF group as I've been looking to get back into it in the new year. In game name is TIconOA.

It should show up as a notification in the top right corner. As an Orange box similar to legendary quests and party invites.

I sent you one a while ago, but sometimes they get missed or something, so let me know how it goes. I did your name case sensitive, but sometimes there are issues. It did say you were invited tho.

Nothing yet. If you're on and could resend it that would be great. Just trying to level juggernaut tonight

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Nothing yet. If you're on and could resend it that would be great. Just trying to level juggernaut tonight

Did you PayPal him the $10 yet? Maybe that's why the invite hasn't gone through

Haven't played this game in a solid 6 months. Got back into it today, started Human Torch because I wanted to start a new hero. I'm addicted again. Played 7 hours today with him, Scarlet Witch, and Wolverine. Got Human Torch up to 55. Love these Midtown Madness events for leveling.

I also got Winter Soldier from a random hero box. What's the consensus on him? Fun to play? Any good?

Dec

Haven't played this game in a solid 6 months. Got back into it today, started Human Torch because I wanted to start a new hero. I'm addicted again. Played 7 hours today with him, Scarlet Witch, and Wolverine. Got Human Torch up to 55. Love these Midtown Madness events for leveling.

I also got Winter Soldier from a random hero box. What's the consensus on him? Fun to play? Any good?

He's one of my favorites but generally not regarded as top tier or very popular overall. His ranged build is far better than melee but I still play melee as that's just what I enjoy.

His whole thing is assassination, a lot of stealthing; healing while invisible, damage while invisible. If you use his execute "do way more damage to low health targets" and it kills them, you instantly go back invisible without ever being seen. And this power will one shot non-boss mobs from full health if it brutals.

Previously not a single part of the game complemented this style of play. All of the targets of value were relatively high hp bosses that you were killing for their specific items. His damage was fine, but the cool feeling of being an assassin kind of runs dry if you need to stab someone 20 times to kill them.

With the addition of danger room though he suddenly feels very capable in difficult content that heroes considered much stronger than him fail at. Assassinating targets actually works as an easy way to fill objective bars without taking any hits, and the final boss is easy because you can poke at them from stealth as much as you feel safe doing.

The recent defense review was also pretty kind to him and his defenses compare nicely to melee heroes that rely less on dodge and more on taking hits, like Captain America.

If you don't have the desire to play him melee, his ranged build is very powerful (even compared to other heroes). As I mentioned, though. His melee build is unique, has depth and is very serviceable and capable of clearing all content with ease.

Edit: Forgot to mention he has absolutely zero spirit issues. Also that his ultimate is really cool but total shit. Unless you just want to alt tab or something without stopping your dps because it's actually 15 seconds of being invulnerable and shooting things for mediocre damage (good in a lot places for sure but not many heroes ultimates are situational. Like he can deal more damage to one target in regular combat than his ultimate does to one target).

I love winter soldier, dude's awesome.

He's one of my favorites but generally not regarded as top tier or very popular overall. His ranged build is far better than melee but I still play melee as that's just what I enjoy.

His whole thing is assassination, a lot of stealthing; healing while invisible, damage while invisible. If you use his execute "do way more damage to low health targets" and it kills them, you instantly go back invisible without ever being seen. And this power will one shot non-boss mobs from full health if it brutals.

Previously not a single part of the game complemented this style of play. All of the targets of value were relatively high hp bosses that you were killing for their specific items. His damage was fine, but the cool feeling of being an assassin kind of runs dry if you need to stab someone 20 times to kill them.

With the addition of danger room though he suddenly feels very capable in difficult content that heroes considered much stronger than him fail at. Assassinating targets actually works as an easy way to fill objective bars without taking any hits, and the final boss is easy because you can poke at them from stealth as much as you feel safe doing.

The recent defense review was also pretty kind to him and his defenses compare nicely to melee heroes that rely less on dodge and more on taking hits, like Captain America.

If you don't have the desire to play him melee, his ranged build is very powerful (even compared to other heroes). As I mentioned, though. His melee build is unique, has depth and is very serviceable and capable of clearing all content with ease.

Edit: Forgot to mention he has absolutely zero spirit issues. Also that his ultimate is really cool but total shit. Unless you just want to alt tab or something without stopping your dps because it's actually 15 seconds of being invulnerable and shooting things for mediocre damage (good in a lot places for sure but not many heroes ultimates are situational. Like he can deal more damage to one target in regular combat than his ultimate does to one target).

Thank you. Right now I have Colossus, Starlord, Emma Frost, Cable, and Dr. Strange left to level up. (Of the heroes I have, not including Winter Soldier) So I have a lot of work left.

Cracklox

Thank you. Right now I have Colossus, Starlord, Emma Frost, Cable, and Dr. Strange left to level up. (Of the heroes I have, not including Winter Soldier) So I have a lot of work left.

Cable had a fairly substantial update recently and is good fun. I've only tried energy build, cos to me Cable = Big Fukn Guns, but he has multiple viable build options for ranged, melee or hybrid with both energy and mental damage types

The rest of your list will occasionally cop flack, but that's more at endgame. Everyone on the roster can pretty much faceroll 1-60. Some though are in dire need of some mechanical updates and a QOL. Emma and Colossus most notably from the ones you have listed. Emma nearly makes up for it though with some amazing VO

Rhaknar

Oh...Highway to the Danger ZONE. How did I not get that until now.

K09UvTR.gif

OK that's a good OT title, would be better if DR wasn't actually out, but still, I wasn't giving it enough credit

Dec

ye the title is just not very good, means nothing to newcomers seeing the title and makes no sense cause DR is out already

archers cool tho

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Hmmm, how did I not know about this game? I've heard the name but thought it was some mobile game.

I'll check it out tomorrow.

Cracklox

Hmmm, how did I not know about this game? I've heard the name but thought it was some mobile game.

I'll check it out tomorrow.

Haha. I thought the EXACT same thing when I started playing a year and half ago when the game had been out for close to a year. A couple of thousand hours later, its my most played game ever, and something that I always come back to it even after playing the latest 'hot' releases. If you're familiar with the license and enjoyed Diablo 2 and/or the X-men Legends and Marvel Ultimate Alliance games you should really enjoy it. Can be a little unpolished and buggy sometimes, but makes up for it with a certain charm and no shortage of things to do. A 54 'class' roster (and growing) doesn't hurt as well

antonz

Happy Birthday Queen.

Holiday buff has been kind to me. Made like 700 Odin marks over last 2 days. wish they were that common always heh

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
15 is nothing. They are giving some out for logging in every day. Check your login bonuses too as they give some out every week that way, or just play a bit. You get 1 every 8 minutes on average so a couple hours should do it but with the event going should be less.

Edit: speaking of, I got a stack of 20 a few hours ago from a jackpot lootsplosion:

mhsplinterskqpgk.png

Those are rare as they come from a special potion, but I got it for free ;P

I got this yesterday too, and 2 Ultimate upgrade tokens within 2 days. Lucks been great recently.

phinious

I tried this game last year and got to lvl 24 on Human Torch. Just reinstalled because I remember it being fun, and wanted to get my older sister playing.

I played an hour this morning and now I remember why I quit. There are soooooo many items, not much inventory space, and I have no idea wtf to do with all the crafting stuff. Should I not pick up any items? Should I be crafting stuff? What's worth the time?

Finaika

I tried this game last year and got to lvl 24 on Human Torch. Just reinstalled because I remember it being fun, and wanted to get my older sister playing.

I played an hour this morning and now I remember why I quit. There are soooooo many items, not much inventory space, and I have no idea wtf to do with all the crafting stuff. Should I not pick up any items? Should I be crafting stuff? What's worth the time?

This.

The game is bloated with items, currencies etc; I have trouble keeping up with them and what specific currencies are used for.

They really need to streamline it.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
This.

The game is bloated with items, currencies etc; I have trouble keeping up with them and what specific currencies are used for.

Try playing the game when splinters armor drives etc never went to a currency tab that only changed recently. Theres too many now. Before it was worse because australia day patricks day etc us to currency too

hamchan

Think it's been a year since I played. 2015 was just too stacked with games that I never had the chance to return. I feel something huge like a console release would get me back into the game.

phinious

I really want to buy iceman and level him, but I have no idea wtf I am doing being buried under all this loot. How do I know what to pick up or keep. Gah

Indignate

You generally don't need to pick up a single thing if you're just leveling a character and going through story mode, especially the crafting stuff. I wouldn't even worry about what the currencies are used for yet, as it's all mostly just end game stuff.

I don't want to take away from the fact that this is a loot game and some people want to sit there and look at all the slot 2s they picked up and compare them all until they find the best one to compare with your next drop of slot 2s four minutes later, so do that if that's what you want to do. My advice for those starting out would be to put autoloot on and only pick up new items every 10 levels or so since with some of these characters you can get to 60 naked. You don't need a pet to have autoloot on, but pets benefit from being fed items and there's a free pet if you log in on the 27th.

phinious

You generally don't need to pick up a single thing if you're just leveling a character and going through story mode, especially the crafting stuff. I wouldn't even worry about what the currencies are used for yet, as it's all mostly just end game stuff.

I don't want to take away from the fact that this is a loot game and some people want to sit there and look at all the slot 2s they picked up and compare them all until they find the best one to compare with your next drop of slot 2s four minutes later, so do that if that's what you want to do. My advice for those starting out would be to put autoloot on and only pick up new items every 10 levels or so since with some of these characters you can get to 60 naked. You don't need a pet to have autoloot on, but pets benefit from being fed items and there's a free pet if you log in on the 27th.

Thanks for that!

One more question. Is unlocking heroes hard? I wanna buy iceman but if it is a big investment I don't wanna waste my credits. Human torch isn't my style , but they randomly gave me him when I started

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for that!

One more question. Is unlocking heroes hard? I wanna buy iceman but if it is a big investment I don't wanna waste my credits. Human torch isn't my style , but they randomly gave me him when I started

Once ur 60 n start playing. Eternity splinters come out ur ass

Indignate

Thanks for that!

Characters are bought with splinters, which become available to drop 8 minutes after the last one did.

You get 200 splinters on your second log in day, and another 200 when you beat Doom, I believe. So from that alone, you'll have enough to get Iceman as he's a 400 splinter character. A few are 200, a few at 600, most are 400. Random boxes are 175 and a great deal for people just starting out.

It isn't "hard" to unlock heroes, it just comes naturally with playing. If you're asking if it feels like a grind, then that's probably more subjective. Most people in this thread would agree that this is one of the most playable of the F2P games out there, but some of those people also play Future Fight so you can't trust them.

Are there any guides to spending Omega points? It's pretty overwhelming.

Were you on the team that made Saints Row 2 and 3? I loved them both (especially 2).

Tonight I found this Insignia...

H76NB_jA2FRKDc7VeLKyisSZjd2lsAtkhLRjufCotCtapQRrRlatXDBZWkFf0yWzg8mG9goOwuerYgIv1iZjFKRBM7G3MBWBj8ZtZayWgsxwl8jjuWIx1OU5df3c-wMzQ_8dJG20PcvCbXK-1VUHzH7K9xxX_Fr21cI8p-B_BWBNndogriwonaiACIciOo6Q7tbK_bq-Pkb2UPaWQ-7byO-hNddqPSTCsDa0RjrDAbce21W18IOtRt-vCtlt1bdhGNZGFsuBDJKY0CfO5VjtdX3Pg-A146xLjuVFWVdBBL1yH6WoXCELdTf-KTgtmISnbGJvyG6-bN6bN6F6iaIj3EnIXrjZ6CmWtKRhr7kjPR6BlU--hAMfkjSicOMYz_jAnFnos7DksvfyfR4VTfW-9NQyB7dNlMrEUqr0qsqGNY6T4wiuYT41VHfjDM4m8C13q0hpRoDg-aZzudNndU2HcLO-GcRc-muj2-eR6UxlTlbeALNEJIz8txk2_h9rGcz55abYP2JCDdu_TZ6Usq2CXR5FgzNqOwRu9VISjEozxDfSUWB5MhAkCq9r2VMitTd7gOFn=w413-h380-no

Im no trade expert, but I thought I had a general idea of what stuff is worth and I probably would have let this go for 5 or so goks. I ask in the trade channel how much is it worth, and two separate guys say 2 goks (and one invites me to his party before I can even tell him if Im interested or not). Then someone else messages me and says to post it on the forums for 20 goks and see how it goes from there. He thought it could go for as much as 40-50 goks once it was Cosmic grade etc. Crazy. And to think I was disappointed that the Brutal damage didnt hit quad figures when I first saw this insig. I know Scarlet Witch is very popular right now, because of her top tier status and I have heard prices can get crazy on the forums, but I was still very suprized. He also said the other people were pretty much low-balling. Someone else offered me one Lizard Serum whilst we were talking too. It can be hard to tell sometimes if people are being dishonest or maybe they only know the market as well as I do.

inky

This.

I really want to buy iceman and level him, but I have no idea wtf I am doing being buried under all this loot. How do I know what to pick up or keep. Gah

Yes loot can be a bit overwhelming, but most of it was added as the game grew for people with many heroes and hours under their belt so dont fret if you are new.

Chances are anything you pick from leveling 1 to 60 and even at 60 can be replaced very easily or is not needed at all. I'm on my phone right now so I can't be as thorough (I'll post more later) but there is a small guide in the OT2 post #2 (link in the OP) of what is useful to pick. It's a bit outdated but holds true in general.

Basically, if it is a currency it goes into the currency tab and doesn't take inventory space. The only one you need to worry about right now are Eternity Splinters. They unlock new heroes so don't leave that behind. Other meaningful things like that one the game automat8cally points out for you on the map, like unique items.

The rest just pick as you need like Indignate says, and definitely mess around a bit with auto loot (under options) and turn most tiers on. Just be sure you see what different items do, that you pick something for every slot in your character equip screen and if they dont benefit your playstyle leave them behind or donate them to your crafter.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Were you on the team that made Saints Row 2 and 3? I loved them both (especially 2).

Tonight I found this Insignia...

H76NB_jA2FRKDc7VeLKyisSZjd2lsAtkhLRjufCotCtapQRrRlatXDBZWkFf0yWzg8mG9goOwuerYgIv1iZjFKRBM7G3MBWBj8ZtZayWgsxwl8jjuWIx1OU5df3c-wMzQ_8dJG20PcvCbXK-1VUHzH7K9xxX_Fr21cI8p-B_BWBNndogriwonaiACIciOo6Q7tbK_bq-Pkb2UPaWQ-7byO-hNddqPSTCsDa0RjrDAbce21W18IOtRt-vCtlt1bdhGNZGFsuBDJKY0CfO5VjtdX3Pg-A146xLjuVFWVdBBL1yH6WoXCELdTf-KTgtmISnbGJvyG6-bN6bN6F6iaIj3EnIXrjZ6CmWtKRhr7kjPR6BlU--hAMfkjSicOMYz_jAnFnos7DksvfyfR4VTfW-9NQyB7dNlMrEUqr0qsqGNY6T4wiuYT41VHfjDM4m8C13q0hpRoDg-aZzudNndU2HcLO-GcRc-muj2-eR6UxlTlbeALNEJIz8txk2_h9rGcz55abYP2JCDdu_TZ6Usq2CXR5FgzNqOwRu9VISjEozxDfSUWB5MhAkCq9r2VMitTd7gOFn=w413-h380-no

Im no trade expert, but I thought I had a general idea of what stuff is worth and I probably would have let this go for 5 or so goks. I ask in the trade channel how much is it worth, and two separate guys say 2 goks (and one invites me to his party before I can even tell him if Im interested or not). Then someone else messages me and says to post it on the forums for 20 goks and see how it goes from there. He thought it could go for as much as 40-50 goks once it was Cosmic grade etc. Crazy. And to think I was disappointed that the Brutal damage didnt hit quad figures when I first saw this insig. I know Scarlet Witch is very popular right now, because of her top tier status and I have heard prices can get crazy on the forums, but I was still very suprized. He also said the other people were pretty much low-balling. Someone else offered me one Lizard Serum whilst we were talking too. It can be hard to tell sometimes if people are being dishonest or maybe they only know the market as well as I do.

I trashed this yesterday...

fml

Wish there was a DC version of this too

Probably should just stop playing with Cyclops since Blade is the main one I want to play at 60. I only leveled him for the xp boost.

phinious

Yes loot can be a bit overwhelming, but most of it was added as the game grew for people with many heroes and hours under their belt so dont fret if you are new.

Chances are anything you pick from leveling 1 to 60 and even at 60 can be replaced very easily or is not needed at all. I'm on my phone right now so I can't be as thorough (I'll post more later) but there is a small guide in the OT2 post #2 (link in the OP) of what is useful to pick. It's a bit outdated but holds true in general.

Basically, if it is a currency it goes into the currency tab and doesn't take inventory space. The only one you need to worry about right now are Eternity Splinters. They unlock new heroes so don't leave that behind. Other meaningful things like that one the game automat8cally points out for you on the map, like unique items.

The rest just pick as you need like Indignate says, and definitely mess around a bit with auto loot (under options) and turn most tiers on. Just be sure you see what different items do, that you pick something for every slot in your character equip screen and if they dont benefit your playstyle leave them behind or donate them to your crafter.

Thanks a ton.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
"I only leveled him for the XP boost" should be the entirety of Cyclops' in-game bio.

Top Bottom