• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Fragments" "Young Conker" appearing on the Windows Store?

Warxard

Banned
Posts from the Fragments trademark thread
What's Wisteria? (EDIT: Ahh, the color of the background).

Nevertheless, there are more apps popping up.

CZ-BI1YVAAAvqyd.png

CZ-CSWXUEAAoh8F.png

Young Conker? (Perhaps sequel to Conker's Bad Fur Day?)
P.S. Sunset Orange is also referring to the color, not Sunset Overdrive.
Whatever it is, it's shown up on the Windows Store. It’s obviously not meant to be viewable yet so you can’t search for it, but you can get there by entering this run command:
Code:
ms-windows-store://pdp/?productId=9NBLGGH5GGM8
CZ7uYf4UsAAIYwj.png

Note that Young Conker is in the 'games' section of the Windows Store while HoloStudio is in the 'apps' section.

I figured this would be good enough to warrant a new thread. If not, I can request mods to lock it up.

ekim

Maybe add the Fragments picture as well. Interesting to note is the Mature ESRB rating for Fragments. I suppose it's some Quantum Break mobile spinoff though.

Wasn't there something from some famous wrestler a little while ago talking about doing some VO work for a "Top secret squirrel game" or something like that a while ago as well.

RK128

"Young Conker"......maybe it might be Rare taking the unfinished prototypes of Conker's 12 Tales 64 and releasing it as part of the Rare Replay collection or as a unique game on the Xbox Store? Could see that, as I doubt they are making a new game.

Finishing up some levels and adding some polish to the builds of 12 Tales they have complete could be a really cool celebration of the series and a nice treat for Rare fans not interested in Sea of Thieves this year.

Edit: Its rated T apparently.....maybe Rare is giving the Rare Replay team or some staff to make a small-scale 3D platforming using the Conker IP then. I could see Insomniac taking a shot at making this, considering most of there Ratchet games on the PS2 were rated T. We will likely hear more about this during E3.

I expect a number of announcements from Rare this year in addition to Sea of Thieves and the long rumored Battletoads game, so looking forward to this :).

Camjo-Z

I young Conker game could be interesting take on the series.

Most of Conker's appeal stems from the fact that he's a cutesy character partaking in ridiculous amounts of debauchery 24/7, so I'm not sure what aging him down could do for the series.

"Young Conker"......maybe it might be Rare taking the unfinished prototypes of Conker's 12 Tales 64 and releasing it as part of the Rare Replay collection or as a unique game on the Xbox Store? Could see that, as I doubt they are making a new game.

Finishing up some levels and adding some polish to the builds of 12 Tales they have complete could be a really cool celebration of the series and a nice treat for Rare fans not interested in Sea of Thieves this year.

It'd be cool but it's equally unlikely, since Twelve Tales wouldn't warrant a Teen rating.

Warxard

Banned

Could be what the Rare Replay team is doing on the side as a budget Platformer.

RK128

Could be what the Rare Replay team is doing on the side as a budget Platformer.

That could be the team making this I guess :). Rare is quite large and I could see the Rare Replay team work on two projects at once (Rare Replay being the focus with Young Conker being the second project, with that going into full development early August when Rare Replay released).

oh yes leaf
everyone remembers conker fondly for pocket tales

And being one of Diddy's friends in Diddy Kong Racing ;).

Arials

The only way I see something named "Young Conker" work is with time travel.

They want to make a child friendly platformer and they want to piggyback it on a popular platformer IP they already own (hypothetically). Conker is a popular platformer IP they already own but is associated with adult themes... solution: make a game called "Young Conker" and have it start Conker as a kid to justify using that IP for a mass market family game and avoid backlash from the fanbase.

daTRUballin

Bringing Twelve Tales back from the dead wouldn't make any sense at this point. Conker is already an established M rated character, no matter what his origins were. Plus, this new game is supposedly rated T. :/

statham

Just to add, the Xbox event thingy is next month.

Things usually get trademarked before events, e.g. KI

We know they have two teams and a third exploring ideas, The big team is working on the pirate game, the second team wouldn't have enough time for a huge game, so maybe a smaller arcade game? since this is already rated? Battletoads has to be also in the mix, not the one in Rare Replay.

RK128

We know they have two teams and a third exploring ideas, The big team is working on the pirate game, the second team wouldn't have enough time for a huge game, so maybe a smaller arcade game? since this is already rated? Battletoads has to be also in the mix, not the one in Rare Replay.

Exactly, Rare likely has this, Sea of Thieves and Battletoads being games in production/coming out this year.

My question, is if Young Conker is a full-on large scale 3D platformer or a smaller scale platformer.

Just to add, the Xbox event thingy is next month.

Things usually get trademarked before events, e.g. KI

The news items from the invites said it was an event to play their Spring line-up. Im not saying anything won't be announced but... I wouldn't expect it. MS will save stuff for around E3, if I had to guess (or maybe in one of their GDC talks)

RK128

Jet Force Gemini got trademarked recently, right?

I don't think that means anything though; Rare and MS likely want to retain ownership of the IP (considering they used it for Rare Replay) so trademarking it again is logical.

I would expect Insomniac to make that game though honestly (like how KI was made by Double Helix/Iron Galaxy); studio in good relationship with MS thanks to Sunset Overdrive, could allow them to bring Ratchet-like game to Xbox users and allows for them to use there skills making Ratchet games over the years for a long dormant IP.

But I don't expect anything to come out of that trademark though.

Jet Force Gemini got trademarked recently, right?

It was filed at the same time as all their other Rare Replay re-trademarks back in June last year, for some reason Jet Force Gemini was just published 2 months after all the others were, I don't think it means anything

I don't think that means anything though; Rare and MS likely want to retain ownership of the IP (considering they used it for Rare Replay) so trademarking it again is logical.

I would expect Insomniac to make that game though honestly (like how KI was made by Double Helix/Iron Galaxy); studio in good relationship with MS thanks to Sunset Overdrive, could allow them to bring Ratchet-like game to Xbox users and allows for them to use there skills making Ratchet games over the years for a long dormant IP.

But I don't expect anything to come out of that trademark though.

It was filed at the same time as all their other Rare Replay re-trademarks, for some reason Jet Force Gemini was just published 2 months after all the others were, I don't think it means anything

Ah. I see. Oh well.

Though, I like the idea of Insomniac taking on that IP. Hadn't thought of that honestly.

Are we sure that what would constitute as a Conker game with profanity etc would still fit the ESRB age rating of "mature" in 2016? (Or perhaps they just don't consider it necessary to go that far? idk)

Top Bottom