• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fail & More Fail: GAF Tells REAL Stupid Owner Stories.

HUELEN10

Here is one that I have to tell right now. because it just happened like 15 minutes ago and it fails SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard.

My neighbors which I don't really know to well to begin with, got their kids a Wii for Xmas. They got no games for it, but they did get a Classic Controller as well as an additional Nunchuck Combo and a carrying case. They asked me what games they recommended, and I decided to recommend them the Animal Crossing City Folk/Wii Speak bundle, Wario Land Shake It,Mario Kart Wii, and Super mario Galaxy. I also recommended them some VC games including Super mario World, and Sonic 2 8-bit.

Anywho, the Mom asks me what VC is, and I told her. I told her that all she needed to do was put in her credit card when prompted on the Shop Channel, and get the amount of points she wanted. I also told her what WiiSpeak is, and how to connect her Wii to the internet via an ethernet connection.

Anywho, I got a call today from the mom telling me that the Wii is not working. I asked what was wrong and you won't believe it.........

SHE PHYSICALLY PUT 3 CREDIT CARDS INTO THE DISC SLOT.
HOW STUPID DO YOU HAVE TO BE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Also while putting the Wii Speak on top of her sensor bar, she apparently cracked it open. Just ugh. I told her she has to cancel her cards and call Nintendo for a 75USD repair, and now she expects ME to pay for this. Her husband is on my side of the issue, but she is steaming at me right now. Seriously, she put in 1, and thought that that one could not be accepted, so she kept putting them in and they will not come out. I might try to remove them tomorrow with her hubby while she is away on a business trip. The dude's cool, but fuck the wife...

Anywho, post your stories. Clearly there is more stupid to go around no?

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
:lol :lol :lol

I don't think anything can beat the OP.

/thread already

HUELEN10 said:
Also while putting the Wii Speak on top of her sensor bar, she apparently cracked it open. Just ugh. I told her she has to cancel her cards and call Ninty for a 75USD repair, and now she expects ME to pay for this.

Fixed.

Yazus

HUELEN10 said:
SHE PHYSICALLY PUT 3 CREDIT CARDS INTO THE DISC SLOT.
HOW STUPID DO YOU HAVE TO BE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

picard-facepalm.jpg

A whole fucking lot.

HUELEN10

Don't worry guys, I have at least 1 dozen more stupid owner stories that range from connecting a 360 to an HD set with an RF switch, to knowing people who have actually followed this "guide" that is posted on some forums. and ruined their DS.

xp7tzq.jpg

I will post more later.

Kusagari

The thing I don't get is why she put more credit cards in without getting the first one back. Has she never used an ATM before? :lol :lol :lol

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
This guy I know played through Uncharted, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Heavenly Sword on a PS3 with an HDTV... but with composite cables!

Crye

:lol :lol :lol
Is it bad that I don't doubt the OP's story at all.

Funny thing is, given time theres always someone out there who will do something even more stupid then you previously thought possible. Going to be interesting to see what can top this :lol

HUELEN10

McBacon said:
This guy I know played through Uncharted, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Heavenly Sword on a PS3 with an HDTV... but with composite cables!
Oh McBacon, I am about to die....

At LEAST tell me he put it in 4:3 mode but didn't stretch it. He did right?

RIGHT?!?!?!?!?!?

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
HUELEN10 said:
Oh McBacon, I am about to die....

At LEAST tell me he put it in 4:3 mode but didn't stretch it. He did right?

RIGHT?!?!?!?!?!?

I dunno dude, but the only complaint he had about his set up was...

get this...

BLACK BARS in Dead Space!

HUELEN10

McBacon said:
I dunno dude, but the only complaint he had about his set up was...

get this...

BLACK BARS in Dead Space!
Oh, THAT guy.

He is getting some pics too, can't wait. To that, no offense, but I really REALLY can't wait to see the pics.

painey

my friend who bought a HDTV was telling me how amazing Fight Night 3 looked, until I one day I went to his house and discovered not only was his 360 not in HD mode, but it was in stretched 4:3. I couldn't even comprehend how he couldnt tell the difference, until I saw he watches all his 4:3 TV shows stretched on his widescreen tv. My other friend had a PS3 on a 52 inch Plasma and I thought something was dodgy about the picture quality, despite him telling me it was connected via HDMI. It wasnt till I checked the back of his TV I saw he had both composite and HDMI plugged in, and the TV was taking the PS3 signal in SD rather than HD. At least this was in widescreen mode though! He started playing all his demos just to see how HD looked he was so amazed :lol

HUELEN10

painey said:
my friend who bought a HDTV was telling me how amazing Fight Night 3 looked, until I one day I went to his house and discovered not only was his 360 not in HD mode, but it was in stretched 4:3. I couldn't even comprehend how he couldnt tell the difference, until I saw he watches all his 4:3 TV shows stretched on his widescreen tv. My other friend had a PS3 on a 52 inch Plasma and I thought something was dodgy about the picture quality, despite him telling me it was connected via HDMI. It wasnt till I checked the back of his TV I saw he had both composite and HDMI plugged in, and the TV was taking the PS3 signal in SD rather than HD. At least this was in widescreen mode though! He started playing all his demos just to see how HD looked he was so amazed :lol
Too many people do this shit, my question is how the fuck? You spend hundreds and thousands on this a equipment and don't even bother doing a LITTLE research? People like this don't deserve HDTVs.

Heck, I even optimized my humble 34 Inch 4:3 SDTV setup by going into service mode and calibrating everything, fixing overscan, and degaussing. Also everything i connected via S-Video, the highest connector it can take. If I can do it, why can't those people. it baffles me at times.

Cyport

not gaming related but similar, my mum got a camera phone which were out for 5 years till she got one, when taking a picture she would put her eye to the camera thinking that was the eye viewer! :lol She did this but couldnt see anything and thought it was broken till I explained.

xbhaskarx

I... I don't believe this, no one is that stupid.

HUELEN10 said:
I might try to remove them tomorrow with her hubby while she is away on a business trip.

Take pics of the whole process and post them here.
Tell the husband you're just documenting the credit card removal for legal reasons.

You know the more that think about this story the more a think what a optimistic women.

She is obviously a little out of touch with electrons but yet she had enough faith in human engineering that she thought that Nintendo surely has put a ATM in this Pinnacle of video gaming technology.

What a awesome women, I think we can all learn from her blind faith in humanity.

Crateman

Right now there's people talking about this on Redmond:

"...and...and...and we can take this leftover e-Readers and put them on every Wii!!!! People will swipe their cards to buy Ninja Reflex 2!!!"

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
We had a customer come in to GameStop a few days ago, a black guy in about his late 20's maybe early 30's. He brings in his 360 and says he's having problems playing his XBOX games he bought on there. Thinking he was talking about BC, I told him about needing a hard drive and getting patches and stuff. So he became convinced that he bought the wrong machine or something. So he asks about a regular XBOX and he's surprised when I tell him it's $50.

Turns out the dude never realized there was a difference between the original XBOX and the XBOX 360. I tell him that for his 360 Arcade, he has to buy XBOX 360 games to play on it. He apparently missed our entire huge 360 wall to buy games from the regular XBOX bin. So the dude returned his regular xbox games and bought some 360 games and went on his merry way. Dude was so happy about now knowing that that he tried to give me a dap. :lol

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
You want fail? I didn't finish Banjo Kazooie GBA, Freedom Fighters, and Metal Arms: Glitch in the System, until a few days ago! Games that good really didn't need to sit on my shelves for 5 years, practically ignored.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Wow. She's dumb.

I just don't comprehend putting more than one in... Does she put her credit card in slots on her computer when she shops on Amazon?

HUELEN10

xbhaskarx said:
I... I don't believe this, no one is that stupid.

Take pics of the whole process and post them here.
Tell the husband you're just documenting the credit card removal for legal reasons.
I'll try to take all the pics I can. He will probably bring in the Wii tomorrow.

I'll keep you posted.

xbhaskarx

Cat in the Hat said:
She is obviously a little out of touch with electrons but yet she had enough faith in human engineering that she thought that Nintendo surely has put a ATM in this Pinnacle of video gaming technology.

If this woman ever joins GAF, that needs to be her tag.

ZealousD said:
We had a customer come in to GameStop a few days ago, a black guy in about his late 20's maybe early 30's. He brings in his 360 and says he's having problems playing his XBOX games he bought on there. Thinking he was talking about BC, I told him about needing a hard drive and getting patches and stuff. So he became convinced that he bought the wrong machine or something. So he asks about a regular XBOX and he's surprised when I tell him it's $50.

Turns out the dude never realized there was a difference between the original XBOX and the XBOX 360. I tell him that for his 360 Arcade, he has to buy XBOX 360 games to play on it. He apparently missed our entire huge 360 wall to buy games from the regular XBOX bin. So the dude returned his regular xbox games and bought some 360 games and went on his merry way. Dude was so happy about now knowing that that he tried to give me a dap. :lol
I imagine that dude playing Gears 2. . . mind blown

ruxtpin

Banned
Wow.

My story can't beat that one, but... Here goes...

About 6 years ago I worked at a local GameStop for approximately 6 months (I was a lot more impressionable then, I thought it would be a different experience.) =P Anyway... One day this old lady and a small child (turned out to be grandma and grandson) enter the store and want to trade in a first-generation fat PS2. The manager took over the transaction and started plugging the system up to a nearby TV in an attempt to test the system. Manager plugs it in and powers it on, then presses the button to open the disc tray, but no dice - the disc tray won't open or respond. The manager turns to the the lady and tells her we can't accept the system because the disc tray won't open. It is at this moment that the little boy tugs at the grandma and lets out, "I told you not to use superglue!"

Yeah. If anyone remembers the old fat PS2 systems, the front of the disc tray (with the little plastic PS logo on it) could actually come off. All the little piece of plastic did was camo the disc tray flush with the face of the rest of the PS2. But. Yeah... The grandma, in an attempt to put this plastic piece back on, glued the disc tray shut.

Top Bottom