• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 wheel GAF UNITE!

Thanks! I hadn't thought about the engine being older and putting out less power, totally makes sense though. Also I understand totally about getting a feel for the bike and being comfortable with it.

A friend of mine had an older Kawasaki KLR650 until recently and he said that it would be a good starter bike. Has anyone on here ever had experience on one of those? I'd like a second opinion.

Hi, I had a KLX650 for a couple of years, which - in some ways - is similar to the KLR650, and I absolutely loved it. The KLX is more suitable for off-road use, and the KLR is apparently slightly more comfortable as a road bike.

Ah, managed to dig up a photo of the beast, here you go:
2007%5C09%5C13%5Cbikepics-1022366-800.jpg

Generally speaking though (as I mentioned in my previous post) I honestly think that a large single (==1 cylinder) is a great first bike. If you're not going to be using the bike on off-road excursions much, I'd also recommend looking into Supermotos. Something like the Honda FMX650 or KTM Duke have similar engines and setups to the larger enduros/on-offs/duals (like the KLR), but usually have a bit more grunt, are lighter, and are generally easier and more fun to ride :)

I rode a KLR 650 a few times for a friend. I absolutely do not recommend it for a first bike. It's tall with really soft suspension with crazy travel (made to handle some trail) and dual sport tires. It handles like ass on the road and feels awkward. I just felt like it was incredibly unfriendly and odd compared to the 650 standards I've ridden, which feel as easy as riding a bicycle to me.

Az

What do you guys think of the SV650 naked as a first bike. I see them cheap used, and before I get the Street Triple I think this could be decent to learn.

I rode a KLR 650 a few times for a friend. I absolutely do not recommend it for a first bike. It's tall with really soft suspension with crazy travel (made to handle some trail) and dual sport tires. It handles like ass on the road and feels awkward. I just felt like it was incredibly unfriendly and odd compared to the 650 standards I've ridden, which feel as easy as riding a bicycle to me.

Fair enough. To be honest, I haven't ridden a KLR myself, but still felt that going for a large single for a first bike was a good move, so I jumped in for some encouragement.

Man w/ Glasses: In the end though, you'll find that a lot of what constitutes comfort and overall friendliness simply comes down to personal preference. If you can, before buying your first bike it would be great to go out there and test-ride a few bikes of different types, and simply see what works best for you :)

Stronty

I would say an SV650 would be fine as a starter bike if you were very comfortable with the 200cc bikes at an MSF course. I would stay away from the SVs with the clip ons and sport bike type ridng position. Personally I rode my uncle's Yamaha TW 200 for about an hour in his backyard and then bought a new DL650 VStrom as my first bike. I have put over 25K miles on the bike and really dont need anything bigger.. suits my needs fine. I've also seen some people at MSF courses that didnt belong on a bike and were failed. I would also suggest for new riders to ride alone for a considerable amount of time before going on a group ride... I have seen all kinds of weird stuff happen on group rides and had a car pull right in front of me when I was following two other bikes.. luckily I hit my brakes fast eneough so that I didnt end up in the car's windshield.

I bought a 2010 Harley Davidson Iron a couple of weeks ago. Love it!
I plan on changing a few things- intake, exhaust, bars, seat... just to start. For now though I'm going to ride it.

Az

I had an 07 sv650 as my first bike and loved it. Now I have a gsxr and kind of miss it from time to time.

I live in Colorado and Florida and cannot believe how expensive Colorado craigslist is compared to FL. I saw a decent SV 650 for about 2-3k in FL.

I live in Colorado and Florida and cannot believe how expensive Colorado craigslist is compared to FL. I saw a decent SV 650 for about 2-3k in FL.

Seasonal. It's the same up here in Canada. Whenever Spring rolls around the prices of average bikes soars to levels of stupid that make no sense.

If anyone's thinking of getting a bike, do a BUNCH of research first, get your permit first, take a MSF class first, then buy one in the winter time, when they're sitting around the garages and people will sell them low (since there's no demand for them in winter) to pay bills or for christmas presents
Or you can buy in spring/summer, where every Tom, Dick or Harry has money to spend and all want to buy the same pool of bikes on craigslist and the buyers set their own prices
I bought in summer, and on the day We drove over with a Uhaul to Pay and get the bike the guy I bought from (a 2006 ninja 250r for 1600 with 12k miles) said If I didn't have the money for any reason that DAY, there were 7 others lined up with the cash ready to buy, I only got it because I was barely first to give an offer.
He sold it to me for under bluebook (~1750) and he used to ride and knows how to properly care for bikes, So I got a great deal, which is rare during summer gouging months

Yup, it's the only motor the Iron comes in. It can be converted to a 1200/1250, etc. though.

Ah yeah, I rode the 883 then the 1200 right after that. The 883 feels like a hunk of metal with an engine strapped on it and the 1200 is a beautiful piece of machinery.

The 883 looks much more badass though!

Ah yeah, I rode the 883 then the 1200 right after that. The 883 feels like a hunk of metal with an engine strapped on it and the 1200 is a beautiful piece of machinery.

The 883 looks much more badass though!

Which 1200? The Nightster? I believe that they have the same chassis and are very similar with just subtle differences other than engine size.

Az

I thought you can upgrade the 883 to 1200 and keep the same blacked out look of the smaller one. Must be mistaken.

I thought you can upgrade the 883 to 1200 and keep the same blacked out look of the smaller one. Must be mistaken.

You can, but it's not a stock option.

ridethepiggy: Are you sure that the Nightster's suspension wasn't already upgraded? They are both known for having rough rides, and I'm pretty sure they are the same. Well, depending on region anyway. I think that the UK has taller shocks by at least a couple of inches. The US Iron and Nightster are lower.

Heck, a lot of guys put solid struts on them. ;)

Yeah just make sure you switch the belt/final drive components appropriately (they are different ones). I watched a custom 883 > 1200 converted Sportster shred its belt on a group ride. The owner said it had happened before. He suspected it could be because the belt setup on it was still from the 883.

rkn

New rider, a couple of months in. I did things the "right" way, MSF course (totally worth it, but really brutal schedule). Picked up a 09 Ninja 250 - had a pretty worn down rattle can paint job, so I pulled everything off and re-rattle canned it matte black. Lots of little knicks here and there, probably was dropped, but clean title, go figure.

So far I've pretty much experienced a little bit of everything in my short time riding - streets, night, fwys, rain + fwy (never, ever, again if I can help it).

Just wanted to chime in on the 250 vs 600 debate. There are times when I'm on my bike where I feel like I can handle something bigger - and there are times when the bike still manages to surprise me. So far, I think the choosing the smaller bike was the correct choice for me, thing is, I think as a new rider, any time you hop on it, its just fun as hell.

Muddimar

"..rain + fwy (never, ever, again if I can help it)."

I think most people you talk to aren't going to be a huge fan of this scenario. Having a larger rear and front tire (with the bigger cc bikes usually) will make you feel a little bit safer. But the power in a 600cc/1000cc can be super dangerous in the rain if not properly handled. I always ride up 1 gear in the rain to prevent a squirrely back tire. I never, EVER, cheap out on tires.

Dougald

Looks like the heatwave we've been enjoying in Europe is coming to an end this weekend - I've not even touched the car in 2 weeks! Nothing quite like riding a bike in to work, especially with some of the traffic I get on the motorway in the mornings. I managed to get the brake pads all changed with (relatively) few problems. The easiest way to do the rear pads on the Bonneville was actually to take part of the rear exhaust off, but luckily I had the haynes manual.

Has anyone done any Touring in France before? I am making plans with a friend this summer to take our Triumphs out to Bordeaux, then down to the south coast of France, and hopefully loop back up to Calais via Monaco (I just want to ride my bike there) & the Riviera. We have 2 weeks and will be staying wherever is cheap (camping + hostels), but any recommendations would be awesome if you have them.

daw840

Looks like the heatwave we've been enjoying in Europe is coming to an end this weekend - I've not even touched the car in 2 weeks! Nothing quite like riding a bike in to work, especially with some of the traffic I get on the motorway in the mornings. I managed to get the brake pads all changed with (relatively) few problems. The easiest way to do the rear pads on the Bonneville was actually to take part of the rear exhaust off, but luckily I had the haynes manual.

Has anyone done any Touring in France before? I am making plans with a friend this summer to take our Triumphs out to Bordeaux, then down to the south coast of France, and hopefully loop back up to Calais via Monaco (I just want to ride my bike there) & the Riviera. We have 2 weeks and will be staying wherever is cheap (camping + hostels), but any recommendations would be awesome if you have them.

Wow...that sounds fantastic.

Okay GAF, I would appreciate some advice.

I passed my motorcycle test (UK, specifically Northern Ireland) in October '09. In NI, not sure about mainland UK, you are restricted to 125cc bikes for 2 years. So as of October 2011 I have my full unrestricted licence.

Anyway, I hadn't been on a bike since the day I passed my test, that was until a week ago when I had a go on my friends Varadero 125. It made me want to get a bike, and my father just mentioned the idea of me getting one (I paid in to a car both me and my mother use, he wants to buy me out
3AQmK.gif
)

So, I don't want to get a 125 because I don't really like them (gutless little machines). I was looking at an '08 FZ 600. My question is, when I was on my friends bike, I was a little bit rusty having not been on one so long, however I'm pretty confident that a few hours on the road would have me back at my best.

Do you guys think a 600 is a decent idea? Varadero's are pretty big and weighty bikes for 125's and the size and weight didn't bother me (other than that, I've only ever been on small 125's when I was learning).

Again, advice would be appreciated.

Dre3001

Im an idiot who needs help!!

Recently bought a bike this past december since my car is falling apart and doesnt get good gas mileage and now I dont know if I can even keep it.

Now I am a broke college student who lives with 3 other roommates and we are leasing the house from this one gentleman. Now beforehand I asked our landlord of the house if it was okay to get a bike and he said yes and that I would only have to get it inspected by the HOA (Home Owners Association) to make sure it wasnt too loud and what not. So I figured everything was okay and went and purchased the bike.

Fast forward to today and I decide its time to take the bike out since the weather has been starting to get really hot.

So I go for a nice ride running errands around the city and when I comeback the security guards (gated community) at my front gate wont even let me inside. Apparently I need a special bike permit to get inside with a bike even though I have one already on my car and live in the neighborhood.

After about 5 minutes I finally convince the guard to let me inside my own neighborhood and that I would go to the office and purchase one.

What happens next is even worse. I arrive at the office only to be told that motorcycles are not allowed inside the neighborhood UNLESS you are the homeowner. Apparently if you are leasing you cannot own a bike.

The lady at the front office said the guards wont allow me inside unless I had a pass and the only way I can get pass is if I am homeowner.

So now I am stuck with a motorcycle that I cant even leave the neighborhood with.

What doesnt make sense is I see kids ride their motorcycles into the neighborhood all the time and the guards let them through and their is no way in hell they are homeowners.

So GAF do I have any options in this situation??

Can I fight it?

I would really hate to sell the bike because I have already paid for the MSF class for the permit, bike registration, insurance, helmet, gloves, jacket, boots, etc.

Im an idiot who needs help!!

Recently bought a bike this past december since my car is falling apart and doesnt get good gas mileage and now I dont know if I can even keep it.

Now I am a broke college student who lives with 3 other roommates and we are leasing the house from this one gentleman. Now beforehand I asked our landlord of the house if it was okay to get a bike and he said yes and that I would only have to get it inspected by the HOA (Home Owners Association) to make sure it wasnt too loud and what not. So I figured everything was okay and went and purchased the bike.

Fast forward to today and I decide its time to take the bike out since the weather has been starting to get really hot.

So I go for a nice ride running errands around the city and when I comeback the security guards (gated community) at my front gate wont even let me inside. Apparently I need a special bike permit to get inside with a bike even though I have one already on my car and live in the neighborhood.

After about 5 minutes I finally convince the guard to let me inside my own neighborhood and that I would go to the office and purchase one.

What happens next is even worse. I arrive at the office only to be told that motorcycles are not allowed inside the neighborhood UNLESS you are the homeowner. Apparently if you are leasing you cannot own a bike.

The lady at the front office said the guards wont allow me inside unless I had a pass and the only way I can get pass is if I am homeowner.

So now I am stuck with a motorcycle that I cant even leave the neighborhood with.

What doesnt make sense is I see kids ride their motorcycles into the neighborhood all the time and the guards let them through and their is no way in hell they are homeowners.

So GAF do I have any options in this situation??

Can I fight it?

I would really hate to sell the bike because I have already paid for the MSF class for the permit, bike registration, insurance, helmet, gloves, jacket, boots, etc.

Depends on the HOA, but it's likely that the kids riding in and out are probably living with their parents who are the home-owners. Talk to your landlord and see if he will get you the pass, how would they know who owns the bike outside of what you tell them?

Dougald

Wow...that sounds fantastic.

I hope so - as long as trusty British engineering doesn't let me down! I need to spend some time working out luggage - I may just get a 3rd party pannier rack to use, as at the moment I'm pretty much limited to whatever luggage I can bungee to the rear rack & pillion seat.

Okay GAF, I would appreciate some advice.

I passed my motorcycle test (UK, specifically Northern Ireland) in October '09. In NI, not sure about mainland UK, you are restricted to 125cc bikes for 2 years. So as of October 2011 I have my full unrestricted licence.

Anyway, I hadn't been on a bike since the day I passed my test, that was until a week ago when I had a go on my friends Varadero 125. It made me want to get a bike, and my father just mentioned the idea of me getting one (I paid in to a car both me and my mother use, he wants to buy me out
3AQmK.gif
)

So, I don't want to get a 125 because I don't really like them (gutless little machines). I was looking at an '08 FZ 600. My question is, when I was on my friends bike, I was a little bit rusty having not been on one so long, however I'm pretty confident that a few hours on the road would have me back at my best.

Do you guys think a 600 is a decent idea? Varadero's are pretty big and weighty bikes for 125's and the size and weight didn't bother me (other than that, I've only ever been on small 125's when I was learning).

Again, advice would be appreciated.

I bought a Bonneville (admittedly an 800 but not a sportsbike by any stretch) as my first bike after doing the direct access, so it's definitely possible. However, as you didn't do the direct access and would have taken your test on a 125, I would strongly recommend getting 1 or 2 refresher lessons on a big bike first to make sure you are ok for the bike. All training schools in the UK will have 500 or 600cc bikes you can ride which they use for direct access students, so it shouldn't be a problem..

I hope so - as long as trusty British engineering doesn't let me down! I need to spend some time working out luggage - I may just get a 3rd party pannier rack to use, as at the moment I'm pretty much limited to whatever luggage I can bungee to the rear rack & pillion seat.

I bought a Bonneville (admittedly an 800 but not a sportsbike by any stretch) as my first bike after doing the direct access, so it's definitely possible. However, as you didn't do the direct access and would have taken your test on a 125, I would strongly recommend getting 1 or 2 refresher lessons on a big bike first to make sure you are ok for the bike. All training schools in the UK will have 500 or 600cc bikes you can ride which they use for direct access students, so it shouldn't be a problem..
NI don't offer direct access though, which is rubbish because that's what I would have done given the option. Hmm.

RustyO

Has anyone done any Touring in France before?

I am making plans with a friend this summer to take our Triumphs out to Bordeaux, then down to the south coast of France, and hopefully loop back up to Calais via Monaco (I just want to ride my bike there) & the Riviera. We have 2 weeks and will be staying wherever is cheap (camping + hostels), but any recommendations would be awesome if you have them.

Don't have the time right know to really write anything now, but pm me if I don't within a couple of days and I will.

//B1G

Banned
Wow, I came in here to ask if there's any dual sport riders and then see the top of the page populated with talks about them! Cool stuff.

I'm looking to buy one myself right now -- just checked out and rode around a WR400 today that a guy on Craigslist was selling. Damn, what a ride! Was just pulling the tire off the ground through every gear.
The dude wasn't willing to negotiate much though so I ended up walking on it; telling him I'll get back to him if I don't find anything else.

I just found a nice DRZ400 that's cheaper than what he was asking, so I'm going to check that one out tomorrow. The guy's willing to budge on his price so I'll see if I can get him down to at least a grand.
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/mcy/2886774082.html

It's going to be a city bike for me mainly and it'll be my daily driver, but I'll definitely be taking it out into the desert every chance I get. There's a lot of good riding real close to me, so it's going to be really exciting if I do get one.

Dougald

NI don't offer direct access though, which is rubbish because that's what I would have done given the option. Hmm.

Really? Wow..

I would still give some bike schools a call, maybe they will have something you can use. I know when I was doing my Direct Access it took some time to get used to the larger bike I was using (GS550) vs the weedy 125. Really what you need to be aware of is there is a lot less room for error due to the extra power and weight. However I do agree that the Varadero is massive, I didn't even realise it was a 125 when I first saw it..

Don't have the time right know to really write anything now, but pm me if I don't within a couple of days and I will.

Will do, thanks!

Really? Wow..

I would still give some bike schools a call, maybe they will have something you can use. I know when I was doing my Direct Access it took some time to get used to the larger bike I was using (GS550) vs the weedy 125. Really what you need to be aware of is there is a lot less room for error due to the extra power and weight. However I do agree that the Varadero is massive, I didn't even realise it was a 125 when I first saw it..
Yeah, I had been reading about direct access when I was wanting to start out and had decided that's what I'd do. But turned out we can't do it over here. In fact, at the time I was learning you didn't have to do CBT. It's just been brought in to NI in the last year or so. So when I did my test it was theory, off road and on road.

The wick thing is, I don't even know anybody with bigger bikes who could even let me ride around on it to get a feel for it. I'll just inquire around some schools, I'm sure they must have something.

Cheers.

Dougald

Yeah, I had been reading about direct access when I was wanting to start out and had decided that's what I'd do. But turned out we can't do it over here. In fact, at the time I was learning you didn't have to do CBT. It's just been brought in to NI in the last year or so. So when I did my test it was theory, off road and on road.

The wick thing is, I don't even know anybody with bigger bikes who could even let me ride around on it to get a feel for it. I'll just inquire around some schools, I'm sure they must have something.

Cheers.

Good luck, I'm sure with a bit of training you'd be much happier with a larger bike than you would learning bad habits on a 125 before trading up..

I'm planning on going for some test rides next month just to see what I'm missing with other types of bikes. Nearby I can easily get to Triumph, Harley Davidson, BMW and Kawasaki dealerships, so now I'm just wondering what to try out. I'd like to try a BMW GS-type adventure bike, but I'm not sure what else. My plan has always been to get something completely different from the Bonneville when we eventually part ways.

Good luck, I'm sure with a bit of training you'd be much happier with a larger bike than you would learning bad habits on a 125 before trading up..

I'm planning on going for some test rides next month just to see what I'm missing with other types of bikes. Nearby I can easily get to Triumph, Harley Davidson, BMW and Kawasaki dealerships, so now I'm just wondering what to try out. I'd like to try a BMW GS-type adventure bike, but I'm not sure what else. My plan has always been to get something completely different from the Bonneville when we eventually part ways.
God I hate NI! I looked up my old instructors website today and as chance would have it he had started refresher type lessons for bigger bikes (his site claimed he was the only person in NI doing so). He had a CB500, Bandit 600 or a Z750 available to learn on. So I called him up and inquired. He said he has stopped those lessons now due to the insurance being really high. I asked did he know of anybody else who taught on bigger bikes and he said that due to the lack of direct access courses, there's no reason to, so nobody bothers. He also said that's why the insurance was high, because learners over here are rarely on such large bikes.

The best he could do was offer me more refresher lessons on a 125. Not much point really though, whilst I was rusty on my mates Varadero, I know it's nothing that wouldn't get ironed out with an hour or two on the road by myself.

Anyway, I asked what he thought about jumping on a 600 having not properly been on a bike since 2009. He reckons so long as I'm confident, don't get over zealous and treat it with respect, I shouldn't find it much more difficult.

Ugh!

As for your new bike, I've always loved BMW's, I'd love one myself. You should give them a go.

The classes here in the US have advanced courses, but you bring your own bike to those.
Well my old instructor could do that too, but I'm not wanting to hop on anything big until I've had a little experience riding around on one. And to get the bike and then have a lesson with him would mean having to ride it a bunch before I get to him.

Probably just end up having to take the plunge. Aw well.

Dougald

You know, if I were you I would just take the plunge and get the bigger bike, rather than pop around on a 125 for a couple of months and trade up. I'd take your instructor up on his offer once you have the bike and do some refresher lessons, though

Guys, I'm going to do something dumb, but awesome.

I'm selling my indestructible Yamaha YZF750, to free up some money for a Buell XB9R that crossed my path yesterday.

AiTM

Banned
From what I understand about the advanced courses, is that you arent supposed to take them until you have had your bike a while and put a few thousand miles on it.

Im loving my 650r, but recently my lease was up, so the bike is my only means of transport. Having one as a daily driver in shitty traffic can really suck sometimes.

You know, if I were you I would just take the plunge and get the bigger bike, rather than pop around on a 125 for a couple of months and trade up. I'd take your instructor up on his offer once you have the bike and do some refresher lessons, though
It sounds a bit daft, but I do feel confident that I could handle a 600, and I know I wouldn't go mad on it. Being a bit rusty after about 2 and a half years doesn't really bother me either because you don't just forget how to ride.

My issue is, if I get one, I'll have to buy pre-owned privately. So whilst I am confident I'd be fine. The idea that I would go to some guy's house to test drive his bike and possibly drop it or something freaks me out. If somebody just handed me one of my own and said okay it's yours, I'd have no problem giving it a go because whatever happened, it's my issue. Which is why I sort of fancied a few lessons on the bigger bikes because at least when I went to test drive one, I'd know what to expect.

Like I said in an earlier post, it would even be fine if I knew somebody with a bigger bike and I could try there's for a while to get the feel for it, but I don't.

Edit: Long story short. It's not the getting on a 600 for the first time that freaks me out. It's getting on one that doesn't belong to me, a friend or an instructor.

It sounds a bit daft, but I do feel confident that I could handle a 600, and I know I wouldn't go mad on it. Being a bit rusty after about 2 and a half years doesn't really bother me either because you don't just forget how to ride.

My issue is, if I get one, I'll have to buy pre-owned privately. So whilst I am confident I'd be fine. The idea that I would go to some guy's house to test drive his bike and possibly drop it or something freaks me out. If somebody just handed me one of my own and said okay it's yours, I'd have no problem giving it a go because whatever happened, it's my issue. Which is why I sort of fancied a few lessons on the bigger bikes because at least when I went to test drive one, I'd know what to expect.

Like I said in an earlier post, it would even be fine if I knew somebody with a bigger bike and I could try there's for a while to get the feel for it, but I don't.

Edit: Long story short. It's not the getting on a 600 for the first time that freaks me out. It's getting on one that doesn't belong to me, a friend or an instructor.

The concern is never that you forgot how to keep the rubber side down, it's that you forgot how to keep the cagers from killing you.

Dougald

What about going for a test drive at a dealership? At least that way it's insured.

The concern is never that you forgot how to keep the rubber side down, it's that you forgot how to keep the cagers from killing you.

Too true. A friend of mine got in a scrape with a cager who didn't see him didn't look. He was more mad at himself for forgetting that they are all trying to kill you than anything else!

What about going for a test drive at a dealership? At least that way it's insured.

Too true. A friend of mine got in a scrape with a cager who didn't see him didn't look. He was more mad at himself for forgetting that they are all trying to kill you than anything else!
You know, I hadn't even thought about that, and it's probably not a bad idea.

You know, I hadn't even thought about that, and it's probably not a bad idea.

You might also want to check out and see if there's a demo day around you some time soon. Some dealers don't allow test drives or only on their most popular models. At a demo day you're almost guaranteed that your bike will be available to ride and you can even check out other bikes to see if maybe there's something else you would like.

Two birds with one stone I'd think.

Dougald

You might also want to check out and see if there's a demo day around you some time soon. Some dealers don't allow test drives or only on their most popular models. At a demo day you're almost guaranteed that your bike will be available to ride and you can even check out other bikes to see if maybe there's something else you would like.

That's a great idea. Kyle, I remember reading that Honda UK are holding a "win big weekend" event on the 14th/15th April to celebrate the launch of their 2012 range. Not sure if it extends to Northern Ireland, but I would call your local dealer if you have one and find out. I would think they would have a larger selection than usual to test ride..

That's a great idea. Kyle, I remember reading that Honda UK are holding a "win big weekend" event on the 14th/15th April to celebrate the launch of their 2012 range. Not sure if it extends to Northern Ireland, but I would call your local dealer if you have one and find out. I would think they would have a larger selection than usual to test ride..
Cheers guys. Dougald, I'll look in to the Honda thing. Maybe take a drive around a few dealerships tomorrow and have a look.

demented

Damn you weather, it was so nice until today then it started raining and big wind :( and gonna last for few days... was about to finally get new bike but now will have to wait for few days.
Was about to close the deal with the seller, will update in few hours what happened and more info.

The Firebolt? Oh nice. Those are cool looking. Let us know how it is :)

Yeah, the Firebolt. I'll tell you guys when it's final. Still haggling over price at the moment. It needs some work, so I'm attempting to talk it down a couple hundred :p.

/edit: Just talked to the guy. Sadly, he had already sold it for 3400 (euro), which is a little odd considering I almost bought it yesterday. He didn't have the papers and the backup key (those were at this parents' place), so we couldn't make the actual sale yet anyway. Guess he was miffed cause I lowballed him just a little too much.

Oh well, the upside is that I'm over 3000 euro ahead + I don't have to deal with that disastrous Buell engine and I'm still selling my YZF750. That leaves me with just my Ducati. Since I rented a secure storage space in the neighbourhood (which was planned for the Buell), I will be parking the Monster there. That way I'll get some actual miles on that thing. I bought it two 1.5 years ago, and it still only has 3500 kilometers on it.

So, it's probably for the best. Still, I'm kinda sad I won't have that glorious Harley Davidson sound to listen to, it was absolutely brutal.

Top Bottom