• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

apricot

Hey, just stopping by to say thanks for linking to my iTunes tutorial, OP! I played a bunch of P&D when it first came out, but I think I'm pretty much over it. Kind of hit a wall around level 20 :/

totowhoa

Banned
Ha, I forgot about the stupid stamina meter until I decided to try a special dungeon without realizing it would cost me 15 stamina, and the first battle OHKO'd my party. Then I decided to go back to a normal dungeon but it alerted me that I only had 3 stamina :( Oh well, time to finally put the game down for a bit. Really enjoyed it.

Shady859

Thanks, I've done tutorial like 4 times now still getting 4 star junk lol. :/

Gonna look at that app since my iPhone is jail broken.

Coins

Banned
Is this a good starter?

8cd5024f0906195d2425bde97cff1449.jpg

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
There's also a "cheat/cheese" for this game, nothing too overpowered but gives you an edge in certain situations. If you don't want your fun potentially ruined then don't read.

Cheat app. It will show you several optimal paths to make multiple combos from orb colors of your choosing, using a screenshot you just took of the orbs. I tried it out and it's very simple and works perfectly, but unnecessary for anything except very difficult dungeons/stuff giving you trouble.

It's called Big Combo and is $0.99 if you decide to use it.

Warning: may ruin your fun, but can teach you how to make optimal combos or help you out with tougher dungeons. Really depends on what you expect out of it.

Flunkie

Banned
There's also a "cheat/cheese" for this game, nothing too overpowered but gives you an edge in certain situations. If you don't want your fun potentially ruined then don't read.

Cheat app. It will show you several optimal paths to make multiple combos from orb colors of your choosing, using a screenshot you just took of the orbs. I tried it out and it's very simple and works perfectly, but unnecessary for anything except very difficult dungeons/stuff giving you trouble.

It's called Big Combo and is $0.99 if you decide to use it.

Warning: may ruin your fun, but can teach you how to make optimal combos or help you out with tougher dungeons. Really depends on what you expect out of it.

I close my eyes and shuffle a gem back and forth across the screen. Cheap mode for me.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Got Hades, 5star God, on my second try! I must be really lucky lol. I'm just sending friend requests to random strangers that have at least 4star leaders... Is that a decent strategy? What do you guys do for friends? Just post the codes here and add each other? If so, mine is 387537295

Also, my Hades started level 5 already and has a +1 for Attack. Must've really hit the jackpot.

What does the third stat RCU or so, stand for, btw?

Smiley90

RCV is recovery. That is how much you heal when you match 3 hearts together.

Aaah cool.

So, how lucky did I get with a lvl5 Hades with +1 attack? I feel lucky but I might be getting too excited over nothing lol.

Apeboy

Every monster you get from the rare egg machine is viable. It seems people have this notion that you can only do well with a god monster. Monsters with less stars are capable of evolving into something great...possibly even topping most god type monsters. The only thing I would advise against is getting a "Lil dragon" only because they have a good drop rate in special dungeons.

insert bearsrepeating.jpg

I agree, the god thing is over rated. You will have team cost issues relatively early on and once you get the hang of who and how to level with getting teams together for particular dungeons having a god mob is much more of a perk than a necessity.

Smiley90

I've been playing the Japanese version for awhile but am only at rank 24.

Add me so I can bum off your godly starter rares we can help each other out!

(Wish I had known about rerolling in the beginning, I got stuck with a crappy Elf starter. :/

Friend code: 151,280,206

Tried to add you, but you're too busy rerolling!

K sent everyone who posted here a friend request! Kuro, your code came up invalid :(

Also accepted you Ashodin :)

Smiley90

Got mandrake, 4star healer with my second rare egg... Oh well. I'll take what I can get!

EDIT: whoa Mandrake is lvl30 off the bat? Insane.

Yeah this game is gooooood.

EDIT: does it matter only for the leader skill which of my monsters is the leader? Or is there something else involved? Can I just make whose leader skill I like best leader, regardless of their value?

Got mandrake, 4star healer with my second rare egg... Oh well. I'll take what I can get!

EDIT: whoa Mandrake is lvl30 off the bat? Insane.

Yeah this game is gooooood.

EDIT: does it matter only for the leader skill which of my monsters is the leader? Or is there something else involved? Can I just make whose leader skill I like best leader, regardless of their value?

I -think- Mandrake is the unevolved form of the Alraune, one of the three recommended healers.

You should make whichever monster's leader skill is the best suited to clear the dungeon your leader, but also keep in mind your leader is the monster other players see when you assist them in battle.

Ashodin

I love Venus' leader ability. I feel like a God stopping time and rearranging gems haha.

It's so much fun when it's ready!

THanks for the add Smiley!

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
If anyone needs Ancient Dragon Knight as a friend my ID is 331537297. Good to have if you're planning on dragon team (the green and dark swordsmen evolve to dragons at 5*). I don't have a ton of spots left so I may take some over others (Wood/Dark). I'll be glad when I hit the rank where I can add more friend slots.

Flunkie

Banned
If anyone needs Ancient Dragon Knight as a friend my ID is 331537297. Good to have if you're planning on dragon team (the green and dark swordsmen evolve to dragons at 5*). I don't have a ton of spots left so I may take some over others (Wood/Dark). I'll be glad when I hit the rank where I can add more friend slots.

dude is insane looking

Shady859

This game is bullshit, lol I replayed the tutorial exactly 12 times as we sat here watching Homeland. Best I got was this and someone earlier posted monster 371 of these 2 as a twin goddess with 99 cap and double the stats lol. :/ Gonna go with it for now I guess tired of trying over...

Couldn't find iFunbox in the app store or on Cydia. If you get a file program and delete the file in the OP do you still need to replay the whole tutorial?

This game is bullshit, lol I replayed the tutorial exactly 12 times as we sat here watching Homeland. Best I got was this and someone earlier posted monster 371 of these 2 as a twin goddess with 99 cap and double the stats lol. :/ Gonna go with it for now I guess tired of trying over...

Couldn't find iFunbox in the app store or on Cydia. If you get a file program and delete the file in the OP do you still need to replay the whole tutorial?

iFunbox is a Windows/Mac program; I linked it in the OP. You still need to play through the whole tutorial, unfortunately, because you are literally having the game make a new account when you delete that file.

xCobalt

I'll add you. I almost got my ADK so together, we can get a good 6.25x team going!

You'll be able to use those guys way earlier than I can. Good catch!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Gah, what to do. I've got 5 Magic Stones and I'm not entirely sure what to spend them on. I already have two god monsters (Susano and Freyja), but another rare monster would be nice. On the other hand, I'm finding that I'm running out of space in my box after nearly every dungeon, and upgrading it would probably be a good thing. Any advice?

Uthred

Anyone managed to back this up on Android in order to speed up the re-rolling? Tried Titanium Backup and ASTRO file manager but when you delete and restore the app data it seems to reset everything.

jersoc

Anyone managed to back this up on Android in order to speed up the re-rolling? Tried Titanium Backup and ASTRO file manager but when you delete and restore the app data it seems to reset everything.

do you mean like right before you pull the lever for the egg?

if so, i wonder if rooted if you can find where the save file is and back that up and restore it every time.

Ashodin

Is it possible to grind the dungeons for creatures of the same element type? For example grinding the light dungeon for light eggs.

Gah, what to do. I've got 5 Magic Stones and I'm not entirely sure what to spend them on. I already have two god monsters (Susano and Freyja), but another rare monster would be nice. On the other hand, I'm finding that I'm running out of space in my box after nearly every dungeon, and upgrading it would probably be a good thing. Any advice?
My rule of thumb is to never upgrade box size unless there's nothing you can fuse or sell away. But, since you're still early on in the game you have a good chance at getting another magic stone and doing one last rare roll before the New Year's promotion ends while still getting a box expansion. Using your stones on the machine is pretty much the standard thing to do since you'll get other nifty stuff out of it besides Gods.
Is it possible to grind the dungeons for creatures of the same element type? For example grinding the light dungeon for light eggs.
Not sure what you're trying to do, but generally yes. Later dungeons will start to mix types, usually with one major element and another less frequent one.
do you mean like right before you pull the lever for the egg?

if so, i wonder if rooted if you can find where the save file is and back that up and restore it every time.
You can't restore right from that position, because the actions you actually take are stored serverside (which is why the game requires an always-on connection). Deleting data048.bin has the effect of the game make a new account for you.

Cr0wn0

If you dont want to keep the roll you have just go into data/data/jp.gungho.paden/files and delete data048.bin. If I want to save the roll I just do a full backup move it somewhere safe and reinstall.

xCobalt

Definitely expand your box. Now that I think about it...my box size was equal to my rank as i was levelling up. I'm sitting at 85 slots now and have been expanding steadily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom