• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4chan rumors: HUGE Final Fantasy XV spoilers (plot, gameplay) + dev talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueWord

The description of the development troubles and the present state of the game completely undermines the plausibility of all this.

Sounds to me as though someone got hold of the trailer and/or demo plans, and strung together a plausible "leak."

Only Lightning can save us now

I'm pretty sure this is fake. It seems almost tailored to foster the narrative XV is an absolute mess.
I would still totally and unironically mark out for another Lightning game

True Fire

I think the plot "spoilers" sound kind of amazing tbh. Kind of like Final Fantasy VI and VII combined.

I just can't see 2 hours of a 40 hour game being playable 3 months out from release. They would have delayed it. It's not like they haven't done so already.

HMD

The literal translation is:
The giant god's revelation.

"Trail of the Titan" would have been "タイタンの試練"

Yeah, someone predicting a Trail of the Titan E3 demo out of the blue like that sounds more absurd than the leaks themselves.

DPtheGod

This sounds like a lie. Game Informer said they played for hours and hours, so obviously they are the liars and not this 4chan user.

Aters

Leaving out what's been said numerously as important plot details, entire characters, the language and hyperbole being used.

At the end of the day what separates this and speculation then? The fact that it was said to appear at E3?

This is also from that one guy in 4chan who continually creates different personas to talk about the game at absurd lengths.

Wait a second, so this guy is actually kind of famous on 4chan?

Ray Down

Banned
Arydn being an old king twist isn't that bad honestly if true. This from the series that had X twist that the main character was dead and the whole city and home he lived in was some kind of floating dream in the ocean or some shit. Dead people willing coming back to life.

MilkBeard

The fact that he says
typical jrpg towns
kind of makes it suspect as well. We already know that several of them are going to be quite huge.

Some of the information is pretty vague with a negative slant. I wouldn't take this too seriously.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and FF XVI not being developed yet and riding on XV? Bullshit. That's gotta be a lie. SE would have already started the game. The only thing that this would affect is perhaps the full budget.

Gurnlei

I didn't read any of the story stuff, but the dev stuff sounds like complete bullshit.

The dev stuff does sound made up to get reactions but the story spoilers matched up with what was revealed today in the new trailers and demo. Not sure if they actually have real info on the entire game or just got access to the demo and trailers early. Either way it's most likely they had access to things earlier than us.

sappyday

The fact that he says
typical jrpg towns
kind of makes it suspect as well. We already know that several of them are going to be quite huge.

Some of the information is pretty vague with a negative slant. I wouldn't take this too seriously.

But we can look at it in the way where the developers/PR are just hyping the game up. I mean even at the ATR that just happened the dude was literally saying that the dubstep was "one of the best final fantasy trailers ever, no bias."

So...you're going to make a big marketing event for a game that is barely able to be played on the consoles you're releasing it on. Not only that but you only give yourself 6 months to port the assets. Yeah...this sounds like complete bullshit. They could've bought themselves a lot of time and effort by not having the Uncovered Event and buying themselves as much time as possible if the technical issues were true.

Arkeband

Banned
This sounds like a lie. Game Informer said they played for hours and hours, so obviously they are the liars and not this 4chan user.

Maybe Game Informer was busy wasting time exploring or Square Enix was very carefully leading them between playable sections.

jimmypython

巨神 could be titan, but 啓示 is..

FF games always use katakana タイタン to refer to the summon "Titan", never "巨神" (Giant God).

啓示 literally means "revelation"

"Trail" is 試練

DPtheGod

Maybe Game Informer was busy wasting time exploring or Square Enix was very carefully leading them between playable sections.

I could have swore the one dude who was bald (Joe?) Said he ran around and did all kinds of stuff (exploring, actually played ch1, etc.)

MilkBeard

But we can look at it in the way where the developers/PR are just hyping the game up. I mean even at the ATR that just happened the dude was literally saying that the dubstep was "one of the best final fantasy trailers ever, no bias."

While that's true, we have seen some footage of several of the cities, like with the boatride. I mean, it's possible that they would make it quite small but I doubt it. The game world looks huge.

I mean, if you are to compare for example to Tales of Zestiria, which is a much smaller budgeted game. That is probably the worst case scenario. Empty fields, with moderately good sized towns.

Arydn being an old king twist isn't that bad honestly if true. This from the series that had X twist that the main character was dead and the whole city and home he lived in was some kind of floating dream in the ocean or some shit. Dead people willing coming back to life.

Funny thing too, when people were talking about spoilers in an eventual Final Fantasy XV OT, I created this stupid subtitle that basically told the whole story(or the story I made up for it). One of the bits was that the main villain was
a "God King" that was the great ancestor of the Lucis royal line of kings and he was responsible for the Plague of the Stars.
I also predicted that
Luna dies for our sins.
I fully admit, all that was pulled out of my ass on the spot.

daitoqu

May be fake.
But last frames of new trailer looks very
10-years-later-ish
:/
Ck4LPQAXEAAMbNq.jpg

Elven_Star

I just can't see it. They had a huge event just to announce the release date (do you guys remember that gorgeous banner, btw?). This doesn't make any sense. There will be rough spots, sure, pretty much all games launch with them these days, but it can't be this far from complete and this close to the announced release date at the same time. Logic does not allow that.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I hate to sound like a cynic. I want this game to be good - I really do. I have the Ultimate Edition preordered.

But I feel like I'm the only one that 100% believes all of this.

For the last six-12 months, I've strongly felt this whole game was being held together by tape. The whole production just screams "ffffffffffuck." After such an incredibly long development, I'm sure they pulled in new talent, gave it a name, and the high-ups said "ship this shit by end of 2016. Period." And now everyone is just absolutely scrambling.

Could it turn out to be a masterpiece? Yes.Crazier things have happened. But right now, I do feel it's a hobbled together mess.

wmlk

Oh...

This guy made the entire 'leak' under the assumption that the Assassin's Creed/hooded guy would not be in the game since everyone assumed he would be cut. The leaks also came weeks before Tabata confirmed that he is indeed in the game.

No wonder he's missing from this.

"and xbox version barely turns on" Lol, come on.

this just reads like a huge heap of bullshit.

Oh...

This guy made the entire 'leak' under the assumption that the Assassin's Creed/hooded guy would not be in the game since everyone assumed he would be cut. The leaks also came weeks before Tabata confirmed that he is indeed in the game.

No wonder he's missing from this.

Yeah this is total BS guys.

Toth

also, a big hole I see:
If Ifrit is indeed a summon, why do you not fight him until the very end of the game?

MilkBeard

"Will it have PS4K compatible features?"
Nobody is touching it right now. There's only like 2 hours "playable" on ps4 and xbox version barely turns on. Nobody is thinking about PS4k, just porting and optimizing for PS4. Xbox build is like 3 weeks behind

Garbage lie right here.

gosoxtim

i' not surprise they lost there sense of direction once nomura left this game i mean they didn't even play yoko music in the trailer

That and
this looks very final villian-ish.
qQj9ZAv.jpg
Of course it looks villain-ish, he's the chancellor of Niflheim and wields more "power" over the country than Idolas. It's pretty much confirmed that he's one of the villains of the game, so it wouldn't be too far-fetched that he'd look villain-ish. All things considering, I think he's more
Kefka, as in how he's probably going to bump off Idolas and seize power.
than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom