• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XboxEvent.com just registered by the same company that did Xbox's E3 presentations

derFeef

I would assume that was the original gameplan. It may still be the gameplan.

Then again, with xboxevent.com being registered the DAY after the Sony PS4 reveal, it's certainly a possibility that plans have changed based on what Sony had to show.

I hope it's not a rushjob.

I would assume that was the original gameplan. It may still be the gameplan.

Then again, with xboxevent.com being registered the DAY after the Sony PS4 reveal, it's certainly a possibility that plans have changed based on what Sony had to show.

That's definitely a possibility. I wonder if this ties to a reveal in early March? I can't imagine Microsoft would want to leave too much distance between Durango and the PS4 reveal.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
thing with Killzone is it hasnt been a huge seller/system seller for sony, so banking on that is pretty bad, i fully expect sony will have some big games for launch and ms will have to have some too.

it wouldnt suprise me if the last of us is cross gen or something aswell.

im guessing we will probs see a new mainline Fable game or a complete reset now Peter molyneux has left.

i fully expect PGR to be announced, and you then have the 4 new ips and also Ryse from Crytek and maybe a new crackdown, and this is just things that are somewhat known (apart from Fable but they need atleast one RPG and i can fully see them rebooting the franchise now peter is gone and its next gen ).

Wynnebeck

Banned
Sure, twist yourself into a pretzel to defend Sony no matter what, but you see, when I go back through the other threads, people wanted to see the console. So much so that they made their own mockups of what they hoped it would look like. Looks actually matter to a lot of people. Not showing it isn't a big deal at this point, and likewise being disappointed that it wasn't shown, or even mocking them for not showing it isn't the sign that someone is attacking your precious Sony for no good reason. Or do you think the press is out to get Sony as well since they commented on the very same thing? The irony of you calling someone else a warrior is too much. Just stop. This console war is going to be a long one. Pace yourself.

Guess I need to get rid of the Xbox 360, Wii, 3DS, and other consoles and handhelds I use on a daily basis huh? You can be upset that they didn't show the actual console all you want. It's a free country. However, Sony wanted to unveil it, get the functionality out there, and tease everyone for E3. No matter how much you whine and complain, it's not going to change that so all we can do is wait and watch. If you have any more need to discuss my apparent fanboy nature, you may send me a PM champ.

Spinluck

I agree with Baconsammy.

I want to see the case/housing. So I can start planning where I am going to have them in my home theater :)

Also I want to see if the cases actually displace heat better than what we got with launch 360s and some PS3s

You will have plenty of time for that. Have no clue why that matters so much in February. We won't have a chance to own them till fall.

Hopefully they get Usher to demonstrate Kinect 2.

Satchel

Banned
You knew hey were going to try and spoil Sonys party.

The leaks will come thick and fast for he next month or so.

Gotta love how childish these companies are. This industry will never be taken seriously.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
thing with Killzone is it hasnt been a huge seller/system seller for sony, so banking on that is pretty bad, i fully expect sony will have some big games for launch and ms will have to have some too.

Yeah, I don't think software was their focus for this presentation. Sony did not show one system-selling game. Best to wait until close to launch.

Reiko

Banned

Gotta love how childish these companies are. This industry will never be taken seriously.

I hope so. Sitting on 12 months of new info is bullshit IMO.

Guess I need to get rid of the Xbox 360, Wii, 3DS, and other consoles and handhelds I use on a daily basis huh?

And you're aware of every device the person you called out for being a "warrior" owns?

People wanting to see the console aren't wrong for wanting to see it. There's no reason to get belligerent over it. If Microsoft doesn't show it, we're going to say the same damn things.

You will have plenty of time for that. Have no clue why that matters so much in February. We won't have a chance to own them till fall.

You have no clue why some people might want to see what the console looks like? Really? Why show the games then? We won't be able to play them until the Fall. Interest is why. Hype.
Less talk.

More Ballmerize.

I Kazified my Yoshi and then Kaz never showed up. I fear that if I Ballmerize Yoshi we wont get to see Ballmer bounding across the stage. All sweaty and manly.

derFeef

Less talk.

More Ballmerize.

talk is good, but yeah. Megaman Ballmer rules.

EWDdv.jpg

Izick

I wouldn't mind having that done to my avatar. I would prefer it to be Allard but he ain't there no mo'.

I actually think if J. Allard came back I'd buy a Nextbox just out of respect.

Portugeezer

Is anyone else less hyped about MS's unveiling of Durango? After PS4, I just don't have it in me.

I don't expect them to better it. Too early for Halo to be shown, the rest of their first party is not as interesting. They will have some different 3rd parties shown but the games will be multiplats none the less.

PS4 hype took a lot out of me, yet I loved it, then PS4 unveiling actually delivered which made me even less hyped for whatever MS brings, but I will keep an open mind.

derFeef

I wouldn't mind having that done to my avatar. I would prefer it to be Allard but he ain't there no mo'.

I actually think if J. Allard came back I'd buy a Nextbox just out of respect.

He won't come back- I would not mind some Phil Harrison though.

I don't expect them to better it. Too early for Halo to be shown, the rest of their first party is not as interesting. They will have some different 3rd parties shown but the games will be multiplats none the less.

PS4 hype took a lot out of me, yet I loved it, then PS4 unveiling actually delivered which made me even less hyped for whatever MS brings, but I will keep an open mind.

We dont know any of their new first part stuff, so let's wait until June before we say that.

adixon

Sonygaf reaction:
Final Fantasy XXXXVIII shown = "Wow, can't wait!@#!!"

Fable (4) shown = "Give up already Microsoft, nothing but sequels, ugh!"

All hypothetical of course, lol.

Thought I might point out that Fable 3 was basically an uninspired Fable 2 mod while every main series final fantasy is a completely new game from the ground up, with often drastically different design choices (sometimes bad ones...). New combat system, new world, new aesthetic, new (lack of) exploration, etc.

Just thought the equivalency above needed a slight reality check, outside of the whole conspiracy theory angle...

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Thought I might point out that Fable 3 was basically an uninspired Fable 2 mod while every main series final fantasy is a completely new game from the ground up, with often drastically different design choices (sometimes bad ones...). New combat system, new world, new aesthetic, new (lack of) exploration, etc.

Just thought the equivalency above needed a slight reality check, outside of the whole conspiracy theory angle...

the next fable will more than likely be a reboot now Peter is gone.

Fable III was well written, well acted and funny. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, the co-op in particular, but yes, it was rather uninspired.

The less said about the past 8 years of Final Fantasy the better.

Gorillaz

Its not childish just a reaction. Thats not even the main reaspn for why people dont take the industry seriously

Izick

I'm so curious to see what is in store from Lionhead, because Peter Molyneux departing seems like a very interesting twist for two reasons. Not only are they going to lose heat because Peter isn't going to be hyping their games way out of proportion, but now it's sink-or-swim for Lionhead. They don't have that big name guy anymore to back them up, so they're either going to cave or going to strive to do something better than ever because of all the pressure.

gaming_noob

Is Balmer even involved in the Durango project? Maybe someone more deserving can get their faces plastered onto our avatars.

Any industry that generates this much cash is taken seriously. What you describe takes place in nearly every business.

Izick

Do you understand how smart-marketing works? Microsoft is going to do anything possible to take steam away from Sony and the PS4, because Microsoft directly competes against them. It's not childish to make money.

Fable III was well written, well acted and funny. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, the co-op in particular, but yes, it was rather uninspired.

The less said about the past 8 years of Final Fantasy the better.

The problem with Fable III is that it felt like a half-finished game, not that it was uninspired. The concept of leading a revolution sounded awesome on paper, but the reality turned out to be the last half of the game turned into this weird gameplay mechanic of binary choices followed by a rushed and boring boss fight/endgame.

adixon

the next fable will more than likely be a reboot now Peter is gone.

Which I would love to see! I'm just pointing out the direction the series headed with fable 3, though, which definitely felt more like a rehash kind of sequel, rather than what the final fantasies have traditionally done. (And if you want to see how most FF fans react to lame rehash sequels, look at threads with XIII-2 and Lighting Returns announcements.)

Izick

I hope they keep the charm and general style of the Fable games, which is a mix of realism and like some kind of folksy Pixar movie (not the quality of the images, just the general style). I still love Fable (1), I think it's one of the Xbox's best games, and I think Fable II is a fun game, but a little flawed. I never played III because of the horrible reaction to it.

ekim

So they took done the site - I'm getting a 404 now. Guess they redirected it to /dev/null or to the actual (not started) server and are preparing actual content? Color me intrigued.

Edit: it's no 404 - cant figure the error code on my ipad.

Izick

So they took done the site - I'm getting a 404 now. Guess they redirected it to /dev/null or to the actual (not started) server and are preparing actual content? Color me intrigued.

Amazing avatar. Somebody Balmertize me!

I found Fable 3 to be unplayable. I enjoyed 2 quite a bit. Disliked the first. Fable 3's focus on touching just didn't work for me.

Izick

I found Fable 3 to be unplayable. I enjoyed 2 quite a bit. Disliked the first. Fable 3's focus on touching just didn't work for me.

PS4 touchpad would have came in handy.

I want a Fable 1 type of Fable, I'm sick and tired of the property and co-op subsystems that have been introduced to Fable this gen. Fable 1 was extremely charming and fresh, the game's story had really neat twists and the combat actually had some difficulty and risk to it.

Totally agree.

MormaPope

Banned
I want a Fable 1 type of Fable, I'm sick and tired of the property and co-op subsystems that have been introduced to Fable this gen. Fable 1 was extremely charming and fresh, the game's story had really neat twists and the combat actually had some difficulty and risk to it.

clashfan

Edit: it's no 404 - cant figure the error code on my ipad.

What site are you talking about?

nib95

Banned
It's a shame Ballmer is Microsoft's CEO, potentially one of the worst CEO's to have ever graced a large corporation. I think you guys should skip him and [insert here]ify someone else in Microsoft.

I want to be SUZUKI'ED :mad:

Surprised people are going Ballmer over Kudo Tsunoda.

The problem with Fable III is that it felt like a half-finished game, not that it was uninspired. The concept of leading a revolution sounded awesome on paper, but the reality turned out to be the last half of the game turned into this weird gameplay mechanic of binary choices followed by a rushed and boring boss fight/endgame.

I think it was uninspired in that it took too many design cues from Fable II; it felt like grandiose DLC.

You're right about the last half, it should have been a lot more interesting/engaging than it was.

Top Bottom