• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ivanka Trump to get access to classified information for... reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackpot

Banned
Some people commented it's poor form to vilify Ivanka just for who her father is. Now we can vilify her as an active part of a repressive and corrupt administration.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/20/ivanka-trump-west-wing-office-security-clearance

Trump, who holds no official title in administration and is not serving as government employee, will receive security clearance soon

Ivanka Trump’s role in her father’s administration is expanding. Though the president’s eldest daughter currently holds no official title in the White House, she is working out of a West Wing office and will soon get access to classified information, even though she is not technically serving as a government employee.

Jamie Gorelick, an attorney and ethics adviser for Trump, said Monday that the first daughter will not have an official title but will get a West Wing office, government-issued communications devices and security clearance to access classified information.

Gorelick said Trump would follow all the ethics rules that apply to government employees.

And let's not forget her husband Kushner was sworn in as an official senior advisor.

Fuchsdh

Some people commented it's poor form to vilify Ivanka just for who her father is. Now we can vilify her as an active part of a repressive and corrupt administration.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/20/ivanka-trump-west-wing-office-security-clearance

And let's not forget her husband Kushner was sworn in as an official senior advisor.

I mean, she's been taking an active part in his campaign and administration since the beginning.

But lol at getting an office and security clearance for no actual defined job.

Another fucking disgusting piece of trash, like every other creature associated with T***p. On the upside, hopefully she goes down with the ship and has her life ruined along with the rest of them.

Steejee

In an example of how fucked we truly are, her and Kushner having access to classified info and Trump's ear close by is probably one of the least awful things about this administration so far.

Are they bad people? Yes.
Are they less bad than most of the other people around Trump? Seems so.

liquidtmd

Banned
She's a very good person!

The best! The best kind of person.

Honestly, I want her to have it because I have zero faith she will keep it confidential and then the administration can have another shitstorm to contend with.

I can see Spicer now internally saying to himself 'aww shit, I'm probably going to have a conference about some fuck up she's gonna make with this'

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
No official title, but will have access to classified information?
Maybe he feels like he can trust her, but can't trust the likes of Bannon.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Considering she has been by his side every step of the way, those people can keep quiet.

Xando

Hey Donald if you read this give me security clearance.
I'm tremendously trustworthy and a great person.

Got

Banned
I mean, Trump probably off-handedly says classified stuff to Ivanka in their after-sex glow, so why not?

Nafai1123

Banned
Makes sense considering Kushner hasn't even been able to prove his divestment of interests yet. Ethics means absolutely nothing to these people.

jelly

Get the fuck outta here.

I suppose it doesn't matter much when her husband is in the WH anyway but what a joke.

I want that family to go bankrupt and never be talked about again.

Spaghetti

If Putin's aim in meddling with the 2016 election was to fulfill some old Soviet-era desire to make a mockery of democracy then... well done.

So when they say she is working out of an office at the White House but not in any government capacity what will she actually be working on? o_O

Matt

To be fair, the First Lady is also not an official position, and they get an office and staff in the White House.

Add another idiot to the pile of idiots Trump needs around him to keep him functional.

Plus Ivanka is clearly aware of her Dad's misdeeds and in a Whitehouse full of leakers he can trust her.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I swear he is preping for her to run for presidency and if she wins he will gloat his daughter was the first female president

Buckle

Well this is fucking gross.

Blatant "come at me, I don't give a shit" nepotism by Trump. He wears corruption on his sleeve.

I've been saying it for awhile, this is the end game. Trump is trying to create a political dynasty, and he wants Ivanka to be his successor.

Yea I said it in another thread in the past. He wants to create a political name. Heck this is one of the first google image results. I know its a meme but in Trump's head its probably the goal.

Let's hope the train stops here in 2020.

FeA68AY.jpg

Get the fuck outta here.

I suppose it doesn't matter much when her husband is in the WH anyway but what a joke.

I want that family to go bankrupt and never be talked about again.

This.

Well this is fucking gross.

Blatant "come at me, I don't give a shit" nepotism by Trump. He wears corruption on his sleeve.

Yup. And no one will stand up to this unprecedented shit, all of which is supposed to be not allowed, but Trump gets away with it...

Matt

makes more sense than his daughter receiving the same.
I'm not really sure it does...

I makes sense for their to be another, informal position to help with State ceremonial business, but why that couldn't be a daughter instead of a wife I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom