• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Voliko

I just got this game last night as a Christmas gift. Before starting up, is there anything I should do for the best experience? Any recommendations on which controller I should use? Difficulty? Thanks!
Read the manual after a couple hours, seriously. The game will make a lot more sense. It doesn't explain some pretty basic stuff.

Absol

Best place to level from 55 to 60?

If you've got a decent AOE weapon on your skell just go farm Joker. He's got like 50-60 dudes around him which are easy to kill. If you don't want to do that then wai until night time, go to West NLA gate, and there should be 3-4 level 60 things, and they go down fast with a few g busters.

klkblush.png

had to look it up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPKctR2gVvg

Finalow

I still have no idea what L + A does
gives you free exp and items.

( ≖‿≖)

most people get annoyed that Lin is a super smart 13 year old

the Flight Mod was
what her scientist parents were working on before they died that is why she wanted to finish their work

I think of it as an upgrade that ties into her story
so I look at it like she was working on Flight 2.0

as a gameplay item it works to delay the player so they learn how to control the mech on foot and limit access to some parts of the world as progression it works well for me
I know about her parents. there are lines like "we dreamed of a Skell that can fly through the air, now it's finally here" suggesting that it's something new rather than an improvement, which is why I thought it didn't make much sense.

anyway yes, it works well gameplay-wise.

Best place to level from 55 to 60?

most people would do Joker

I did the mech base in Oblivia south of FN 305
they spawn at level 58-60 and easy to kill with 2 hits
just kill them one at a time try not to take a whole mob of probes while doing that
and avoid the level 68 tyrant near the area

Xenoboy

Skell Frames should be an option in the terminal you buy ground gear and Skell parts from. You have to register it to them manually in the Barracks terminal, though.

Nice, thanks.

This is why they should have kept it Dolls
my auto correct also turns it to Smells unless I put a cap Skells

they can have them at level 30 buy from AMs

I didn't even notice this until you pointed it out and level 30 :/
That's going to take a while.

Finalow

I tried Joker with 2 level 50 skells using phoenix, g-busters etc. but he and his minions destroyed me.

worked the third time when I started killing his minions one by one, takes a long time though.

Mia's affinity quest, I think I missed some dialogues
Why did Mia say "dads"?

iinm
her mom remarried... might be wrong since i tend to forgot stuff like those

I tried Joker with 2 level 50 skells using phoenix, g-busters etc. but he and his minions destroyed me.

worked the third time when I started killing his minions one by one, takes a long time though.

trying to do joker method w/o proper preparation (insectoid augments) is waste of time

gives you free exp and items.

( ≖‿≖)

I know about her parents. there are lines like "we dreamed of a Skell that can fly through the air, now it's finally here" suggesting that it's something new rather than an improvement, which is why I thought it didn't make much sense.

anyway yes, it works well gameplay-wise.

Yeah I think maybe story and gameplay conflict here

maybe this was always going to be Lin's contribution but they decided to hold the mechs later and the flight pack another step late too so it kind broke the flow of the story making less sense

jorgejjvr

Gold Member
I Just got my mech!

I love how the game tells you NOTHING as to how everything works, it's like here figure it out

LOL

Exploring is so much easier now, about to start chapter 7 and already have over 60 hours

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
what is that?

is it lewd?
Nah, only people that played Bravely Default will get it.
Edit: I should have refreshed

That was just an example I see others repeat well... repeatedly. I'm seeing the same posts recently as I seen on Thanksgiving. Particularly the Tyrant Turkey one.
Well if more people continually fall for it, it will live on.

Haunted

Joker fucking wrecked me.

Which is fine I suppose, I wouldn't have tried to take on a lvl90 boss at this point if I hadn't seen people talk about him in this thread.

Still struggling against some lvl 60+ tyrants.

IJust got my mech!

I love how the game tells you NOTHING as to how everything works, it's like here figure it out

LOL

Exploring is so much easier now, about to start chapter 7 and already have over 60 hours

It is part of the story line

You are a BLADE who forgot a lot of things that is why they gave you a Manwell *Manual

Joker fucking wrecked me.

Which is fine I suppose, I wouldn't have tried to take on a lvl90 boss at this point if I hadn't seen people talk about him in this thread.

Still struggling against some lvl 60+ tyrants.

what people did not say is they use lots of INSECTOID XX augments to face that dude
I killed him once but it was luck of the RNG with cockpit triggering at the right time

now I think at my level I could kill all of them with one hit

Astral Dog

Ok I am stuck on the Ch.7 boss, I've died like ten times, in the skell and out. Is there some vital strategy that Im missing? I haven't lost to any story boss before this mission. Technically I am two levels behind the boss level, my gear, arts, and skills are up to date on me and my party.

Am I missing something or should I just try again later when I leveled up?
Just explore more/level up or buy a new Skell ( if you are using the free one) i was lv 44 and that boss was kinda easy
Edit: dont rush through the main story

Question about affinity quests. But like for example this one (minor side-quest character spoiler maybe), do I need to have 3 hearts affinity with both characters (
phog & frye
) in order to activate this one?

Renewed

tfw when you've got an enemy weak to Beam and your Skell is decked out with equipment to capitalize. Then Overdrive and Cockpit Mode work together. Drones forever. Gonna be scary to see how high it goes with actual augments to boost damage.

If I'd known how easy it was to grind damn near everything post game I could have saved myself so much grief. Got my last blade level and 3 squad members to 3 affinity hearts in a half hour. Got a bunch of BP and maxed out most of my regularly used arts and skills in 20. It's amazing

With how much of a non-factor the story is, post game is like a better version of the game

Yam's

I thought so, sigh. Getting affinity up with characters is definitely a bit of a drag. Any way to speed up the process, or is it just done with doing sidequests and fighting together?

You get a special mission once you've finished the game that gives some affinity, but even with that one it's still quite a grind.

Haunted

I used to worry about heart-to-hearts, but they're so short and inconsequential that they're honestly not worth the time of swapping out squad members or specifically advancing time. Simply not worth the effort.

Also great decision to make squad members ready for a heart to heart not appear in their usual spot while the heart of heart wasn't marked on any hexagon, making them even more of a pain to track down than usual.

Sometimes it's like the game's systems were specifically designed to be frustrating instead of fun. Baffling.

what people did not say is they use lots of INSECTOID XX augments to face that dude
I killed him once but it was luck of the RNG with cockpit triggering at the right time

now I think at my level I could kill all of them with one hit
Just to make sure, these enemy type augments only affect the arts of the weapons they're installed on, right?

So makes no sense to put stuff like that on shields/beam shields?

Makes everything so much more complicated with the preparation in the menu. ;_;

TheMoon

I thought so, sigh. Getting affinity up with characters is definitely a bit of a drag. Any way to speed up the process, or is it just done with doing sidequests and fighting together?

Post-game is supposedly offering you an easy way to level up affinity.

edit:beaten of course

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
The Joker has a crown now, pretty sure that wasn't the case last week or something.
Just to make sure, these enemy type augments only affect the arts of the weapons they're installed on, right?

No overall damage.

I have not seen evidence that is the way it works if it takes them for shield and armor it will work

I wish someone did a spreadsheet of how they stack and how many is max effectiveness

yeah I do not know if the effect is limited to only the slot you put them in I do know it works just not how

what I do see if I slot allows you to put that augment in I use it
it gives you a list of only the ones you can use for that weapon or armor part and the effects should stack

Scoops

Banned
Well boo on me for wanting it to be functional and look cool. If only White Reaper didn't have the same head as Mastema 50. I'll make due.

I'm still sitting at 80% because I decided to farm Global Nemesis for parts. Enough's enough, I'm gonna go insane.

Please don't tell me you've been playing 10 hours a day for 2-3 weeks straight....

I gave out alot of ether katanas last night. The one that i'm going to stick to for the moment has Stabilizer XV, Ultrafauna Slayer XV, Front Attack Plus XV.
Why does this asshole only ever drop one item at a time :(

Parfait

Augments work for all of your damage, not just the weapon equipped to it.
Goes the same for element reflect null augments, element boost augments, cooldown augments, etc.

What I don't know is the rate that they stack, but I got 2 Megafauna XX on my Ares 90 and did 1m damage per shot of the IWin button. I also have 2 cooldown augments, and I'm gonna get 2 more today to see how much quicker my stuff cools down.

random25

Murderess is just so hard to gain affinity. I already have maxed out Elma and Lin before Chapter 5, Doug and Irina before Chapter 7, Gwin and Hope Chapter 8, and just about everybody at 4 hearts before Chapter 11 including Celica but Murderess remains below 3 hearts, and she's already over the level of my main crew. Jeez if only I could give her cash to max out her affinity in an instant lol.

I just got this game and made my way to chapter 3.The combat reminds me of an eastern take on KOTOR for the original Xbox. There really needs to be more games with this style of combat.

Any tips for a newbie?

Something strange happend to me after playing the game for a while now. I installed the data packs and everything was fine but for a few days now it seems that the textures need a lot longer to load and the pop ups are much worse. :/ Somebody who noticed something similar? Should I delete the data packs and install them again?

Btw I installed the data packs on the Wii U itself and not my external hard drive.

Oie! I wanted to get some revenge on that big floating ass cave near FN 410
called Luxaar's Xern level 90 tyrant had him down to 40% health then he tips to his side after Lin called for a topple so I though You go LINLEEE!
Fucking thing charged up a super weapon and 1 shot my A90

bummer

Top Bottom