• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros 4 roster to be completely revealed next month on corocoro

This is... a weird thing to do.

I thought Sakurai and Nintendo would run these kinds of announcements by their own channels. Why announce EVERYTHING in a magazine? I know CoroCoro is big with Pokémon but with Smash this seems completely ass-backwards.

They will announce it with their official channels right when the magazine comes out just as they do with Pokemon. To people in the west who don't pay attention to magazine scans it will be just as if we got a pre launch info dump.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Can someone who speaks Japanese translate?

I mean, it's pretty close.

Super Smash Bros
Battle Royale Book!!

Attention 3DS software "Smash Bros"
All characters
All stages
Extra supplemental issue
Major cotton strategy!!
<-- I'm not really sure what this is about
SHULK
Prepare for a lesson
Anticipate the release!

How many fighters will this game have?o_O

This remind me this:
"&#8220;It isn&#8217;t a matter of &#8216;if the next game has 50 characters, that&#8217;ll be enough. There is a certain charm to games that have huge casts of playable characters, but they tend to have issues with game balance and it becomes very difficult to fine-tune each character and have them all feel distinctive&#8230;. In terms of quantity, we&#8217;ve probably already reached the limit of what&#8217;s feasible. I think a change of direction may be what&#8217;s needed.&#8221;
Sakurai sakurai...

Jawmuncher

Personally I'm glad that we'll possibly know everyone who's in. Saves a lot of us the dissapointment if someone we like didnt make it in.

By the time any fighting game releases the playable characters I say should be known before hand. Especially one trying to be at tournaments.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
I mean, it's pretty close.

Super Smash Bros
Battle Royale Book!!

Attention 3DS software "Smash Bros"
All characters
All stages
Extra supplemental issue
Major cotton strategy!!
<-- I'm not really sure what this is about
SHULK
Prepare for a lesson
Anticipate the release!
Nice.

But what if my opponent is wearing fleece? I'll have no idea what to do.

My take on the Japanese:

Super Smash Bros.
Super Smash Book

In a supplement, all characters and all stages from the anticipated 3DS game 'Super Smash Bros.' will be elaborately detailed.

Wait for the release with perfect preparedness!

Rough, but that's the general idea.

Mark1

Maybe they mean the full starting roster...? Not a fan of spoilers, esp when the game won't be out everywhere else til October.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Im so conflicted, I dont know if I want this.
The characters are probably going to be spoiled for you before you are able to unlock them, unless you go on a totally ignore anything video game related for the next few months. You might as well find out about the characters while everyone else does.

CassSept

Freaking Coro Coro man, spoiling Pokemon for over a decade, now they move to a new series. We're doomed. Doooooomed.

Crayolan

Corocoro already leaks all the pokemon info, but why Smash? I want to see the newcomers live during the directs/videos, not like this.

JoeM86

Corocoro already leaks all the pokemon info, but why Smash? I want to see the newcomers live during the directs/videos, not like this.

To be fair, they don't intend for CoroCoro to leak.

All this means is that we'll know the characters by August 12th at the very latest.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
At first I thought this just meant they'd reveal the starting roster, but maybe it is possible they'll pull a Mario Kart and just reveal everyone this time. I'd personally like them to keep some secrets until launch, though.

JoeM86

I always keep an eye out for CoroCoro for my site, so I'll add this onto the watch list next month.

Don't trust anyone saying that I have it and showed them things. People tried pulling that crap with Brawl.

Axass

I always keep an eye out for CoroCoro for my site, so I'll add this onto the watch list next month.

Don't trust anyone saying that I have it and showed them things. People tried pulling that crap with Brawl.

Can you confirm this Joe?

From GameFAQs:
KingofAwesome69 said:
Guys, this stupid magazine promised the same thing with Brawl in its December 2007 issue (after the game had been delayed). It ended up just showing all characters currently on the website.

It claiming "all characters will be revealed" is just a crappy stunt to generate attention for itself. If you're worried about spoilers, don't be, because they won't come from here.

Rychu Supadude

Neo Member
I suddenly realised just how close TWO MONTHS actually is. It's gone from feeling like it's far away to... the exact opposite of that. I'd better go find my "Europe Greatest Hits" CD, I've got some Final Countdown air guitarin' to do!

Ah man. I really miss that sense of surprise and anticipation when that silhouette and "a challenger approaches" came up on screen in N64 Smash Bros (and Melee to a lesser extent) while I then wondered who the fuck Ness was.

I guess those days are gone and never coming back. I could probably go on a media blackout but it would probably be too difficult.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sakurai already said that they are almost out of trailers so we should be getting the last ones over the next few weeks.

Hopefully multiple characters are revealed in each trailer, like the Fire Emblem one.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I like surprises, but oh well. It's not a big deal.

JoeM86

Actually found the NeoGAF thread from then, where people were discussing things about me supposedly leaking stuff in it, all from someone who made crap up.

Good times.

Top Bottom