• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
lol, I'm seeing it Friday at midnight as well

And luckily for me, I'm seeing it in 2D
IMAX (yay) 3D (boo) was the only option for me in the theaters I had access to. Luckily I get to see it in a theater in walking distance from my home, which makes movies I love more enjoyable (the walk back from Inception was quite the experience).

Emitan

Hey Lissar, you read weird interesting stuff. Femmeworth and I are trying to find manga or anime about lesbians that isn't creepy or pandering. Know of any?

leadbelly

Banned
Hey Lissar, you read weird interesting stuff. Femmeworth and I are trying to find manga or anime about lesbians that isn't creepy or pandering. Know of any?

Manga or anime that isn't creepy or pandering...

Now let me think...

For some reason, I imagine that will be hard to find.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Lissar isn't even a professor!

HARUMPH

I could be, if I wanted to. :eek:

Hmm... the closest I can think of is of course, Utena. It's not blatant, but that is how it's meant to be read (I think the director said he prefers to have relationships between women because relationships between men and women tend to take over the whole show, where between women it can be more subtle.)

Sailor Moon has Neptune and Uranus of course, but the show is not entirely about them.

(Speaking of which, directed by the same guy! How about that?)

I'm trying to think of more that show them positively but it's difficult. I'd love to find more though.

Emitan

I could be, if I wanted to. :eek:

Hmm... the closest I can think of is of course, Utena. It's not blatant, but that is how it's meant to be read (I think the director said he prefers to have relationships between women because relationships between men and women tend to take over the whole show, where between women it can be more subtle.)

Sailor Moon has Neptune and Uranus of course, but the show is not entirely about them.

(Speaking of which, directed by the same guy! How about that?)

I'm trying to think of more that show them positively but it's difficult. I'd love to find more though.
Thanks, Lissar! Femme doesn't like Utena for some reason, though :/ I think she said it's not really about lesbians, its just that they happen to be in it? I don't know, I'm tired and in a hurry so I can't fact check right now

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Thanks, Lissar! Femme doesn't like Utena for some reason, though :/ I think she said it's not really about lesbians, its just that they happen to be in it? I don't know, I'm tired and in a hurry so I can't fact check right now

Well I don't really read romance, so I guess I can't name many titles like that. :<

Lissar

Reluctant Member
You guys, look at all this Japanese history! You can't get more Japanese than that. How will I ever choose?

Anyway, I'm looking for a history book. Preferably one about Europe (I had enough Asian history in undergrad but my European history is lacking. D:) I've been studying ancient history recently and would like some books that explore anything from 300-1900. General is okay, but nothing TOO specific (like, about one particular person or group of people.) And especially nothing about the Tudors, I have enough books about them lying around in my backlog. Books that are about the renaissance would especially be appreciated because I can't find many of those.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Why did the words "The Brosades" just pop into my head?

It's like The Crusades, just with more bros.
This isn't all related, Lissar-bro, but I just learned that the Spanish Inquisition gave you 30 days advance notice when you were going to be inquisited. So really, everybody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

brought to you by QI

Emitan

yessssssssssssss I got medicaid to pay for my surgery, thats 15 grand in my pocket, drinks on me tonight

9Zn3K.jpg

I wish internet humour would fuck the fuck off.

If I see one more fucking rage comic or some shit on Facebook then I...am not going to actually do anything, but I will be annoyed by it.

Seriously though, why the fuck haven't they died yet? They've lasted way longer than any other goddamned memes, HOW ARE THEY STILL A THING?!

RawPower

Banned
I wish internet humour would fuck the fuck off.

If I see one more fucking rage comic or some shit on Facebook then I...am not going to actually do anything, but I will be annoyed by it.

Seriously though, why the fuck haven't they died yet? They've lasted way longer than any other goddamned memes, HOW ARE THEY STILL A THING?!

Some of it is beaten to death, but not all of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom